Post-Game Discussion Manly v Raiders [Round 4, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Raiders
25 Glen Willow Stadium
02 Apr 2022 17:30
80th minute

Match Stats

bringbackbeaver

Reserve Grader
Aloiai could not have made more of an impact on our pack. He was excellent, which is even more impressive considering it was his first game of the season. Koula was great as well, didn't look out of pale, took some tough hit-ups, setup the first try, really good on his feet.

We're still clunkier than I'd like in attack (don't care so much if we're not clunky at the business end of the season) but I always said everything would look better once we started to get better ruck speed and everything and everyone pretty much did. Nice to get a decent win against a decent side.
Great to get the win. Josh was awesome and made almost 200 really tough meters. Still issues with the other props. Think Bully should come in for Keppie and play him in the middle . Keppie rubbish

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I thought Koula for Harper... I was close. Still surprised with Koula replacing Parker but Harper was better today but still made errors which he cant in big games.
He has Covid:

He has Covid:
Thank you - in that case I am sure Harper was gone if Parker didn't have COVID. Still think he will be gone for Koula next week. I tell you what - a left side defence of Foran Davey Parker Garrick - you will be very very lucky to score a try down that side of the park that is for sure. What an outstanding defensive 4. In attack Parker doesn't offer what Koula does maybe swap Parker to right Centre to shore up that defece. Koula stays at left Centre - the defence out there tonight was still pretty tight.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
Ricky Stuart on DCE...
“If I’m the Manly boss Scott Penn, I’d be going down and putting a fresh bunch of flowers on Bob Fulton’s grave every day. It’s the smartest play that club has ever made pinching him back off the Titans and offering him a million dollars for 10 years. Everybody bagged Bozo for it, it was a masterstroke.”

Link:https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/r...s/news-story/7083e1c6633100362765a05a629d983b

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The attacking structures need some work, very clunky in attack, Schuster not to far away hopefully that left edge gets back to where it was last season.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Our halves were very good. Daly’s kicking game was obviously outstanding (particularly the grubber for the Haumole try when we couldn’t jag points with a ton of ball), but Foran’s ball playing was equally impressive.

Tom is so much more dangerous because Foz is willing to take it so deep into the line to commit defenders.
Foz with absolutely no fear. As soon as it got to him, the tempo went up, he dug in, straightened the attack, and his outside men reaped the rewards.

Great present on the eve of my birthday.

Than
Great present on the eve of my birthday.

Thanks lads.
1648895523241.png

Ricky Stuart on DCE...
“If I’m the Manly boss Scott Penn, I’d be going down and putting a fresh bunch of flowers on Bob Fulton’s grave every day. It’s the smartest play that club has ever made pinching him back off the Titans and offering him a million dollars for 10 years. Everybody bagged Bozo for it, it was a masterstroke.”

Link:https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/r...s/news-story/7083e1c6633100362765a05a629d983b
Wouldn't say it was a Masterstroke based on results, for that huge investment we haven't really got much to show for it other than a few competitive years and a few not so competitive.

Other than his decent kicking today(which granted was the difference and changed the game) i wouldn't say his performance was first class in leading the team around ball in hand.

Ricky Stuart coaching and tactics wise is boring as far k and behind the times so i wouldn't be placing his opinions on a pedestal that is for sure.

I actually think DCE in his older years will offer far more value and improvement at a reduced price than his wasted golden expensive years where he has stagnated and not ironed out his bad habits.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
How good was Koula?! Loved how many times he chopped blokes down 1 on 1.
That was good, but what I liked even more was when the Raiders really sent a lot of traffic his way in the second half, he didn’t lose his cool. And when he went down injured, he got back into it. That right quad was heavily strapped from the get-go, so hopefully hasn’t done any further damage.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14