Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 8, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In that press conference, i first though Sticky was being disrespectful of Walker, but the more it went on i reckon he was seething at the loss and couldnt get his head together, and tried extra hard on trying to sound positive in explaining his teams efforts.
You are a better man than me in giving him the benefit of the doubt. It's his job to know everything about every player in the game. (what foot he steps off, what side he passes best etc). His friggin' name shouldn't be that hard !!!!

Sticky isn't dumb.
He was simply using the opportunity to get inside Walkers head for the next time we meet them.
Agreed, but why not just call out Dylan Walker for lairing it up and issue the challenge for next time they meet. The way he did it made it look like he needed to be taken away from the press conference for a scat test. As someone who himself has damaged too many brain cells from alcohol intake and blows to the head, these things should not be joked about !!!

One final thing on this game. We're all over the Viking crap thing. Give it a rest. Go blow your horns and clap your little hands when you've got something to really cheer about and not a bunch of conehead thugs trying to copy the Melb scum.
Why should you get a "final THING" you are a mere supporter. No hard runs, no investment ...blah blah blah

Good response! well done, I thought it hilarious that old @Wombat64 came rushing to your rescue like you were a damsel in distress lol
Mate, I am not gay for @Ryan and that guy needs no rescuing. I'd back him to out argue you any day. I do understand that sometime his opinions grate on people but I am over the @Ryan bashing from certain people on here and felt I had to have a say as I am also over the bashing of people on here that have contrary views. It is bullying. It is silly, this is a footy forum. I don't get it, we all supposedly support and love the same footy team but fucek me I don't get the fighting. It's not cool.

One final thing on this game. We're all over the Viking crap thing. Give it a rest. Go blow your horns and clap your little hands when you've got something to really cheer about and not a bunch of conehead thugs trying to copy the Melb scum.
Don't worry about the Viking clap -it wasn't that good. Half hearted. I said that to a supporter and she tried to argue it was because stadium wasn't full. The funniest thing was there were some Manly supporters near us and every time Raiders made an error they would chant singing in tune "da-da-da da-da-da! Buffoon!" Might not sound funny but it was.

One thing is for sure, the raiders will always have "the clap"

Mate, I am not gay for @Ryan and that guy needs no rescuing. I'd back him to out argue you any day. I do understand that sometime his opinions grate on people but I am over the @Ryan bashing from certain people on here and felt I had to have a say as I am also over the bashing of people on here that have contrary views. It is bullying. It is silly, this is a footy forum. I don't get it, we all supposedly support and love the same footy team but fucek me I don't get the fighting. It's not cool.
Yeah OK, I think Ryan is OK.
He has out argued me before, because he is more intelligent than me....its a no brainer!

possibly Ricky didn't have much to start with. Has had some top rosters, but only one premiership when Gus was basically coaching the rorters anyway !

And capitalised on the work previously done by Graham Murray.

Ricky Stuart.....the first Aussie coach not to win a RLWCF in 36 years (and to be fair to Harry Bath, we didn't actually lose the 1972 final, it was a 10-10 draw and we should have won seeing how Langlands was onside when chasing Dennis Ward's kick.....)

Don't worry about the Viking clap -it wasn't that good. Half hearted. I said that to a supporter and she tried to argue it was because stadium wasn't full. The funniest thing was there were some Manly supporters near us and every time Raiders made an error they would chant singing in tune "da-da-da da-da-da! Buffoon!" Might not sound funny but it was.
That chant never gets old....hopefully it will get sung in Brizvegas over and over.

I thought the Viking clap was a Scandinavian venereal disease...

You know, just re-watching the game (YouTube).....our long kicking game really wasn't that bad last night in the first half because there was purpose behind it. Both DCE and Green were obviously under instructions to kick for touch at the end of each set out of our own half to keep Wighton, Rapana and Cotric from getting their running games going (and Canberra actually did the same thing keeping their kicks mostly away from Tommy, Jorge and Aku).

I still can't figure out how they got a penalty for Rapana playing the ball in the wrong direction (then when BJ questioned it we got marched 10....Atkins did the same thing in Rd.1 when we tackled Semi and got marched for questioning it). And then that Canberra players were offside en mass for Walkers winning penalty goal and that they were heckling him but got away with it. Ok we won the game (which is probably why nothing is being said), but the refereeing really was as bad in our game as it was in the game at ANZ last night, yet people are only screaming about the game at ANZ.

If Canberra hadn't made the finals last year I don't think anyone would give a toss about the Viking Clap. Its just that the media went gaga over it.....

Did anyone else notice that Dunamis Lui played off the bench for the Faiders last night?

From the ground - Lawrence was absolutely filthy being taken off.

I'm not surprised. The guy has 'lest we forget' tattooed on his arm and would have desperately wanted to win the rsl medal. He would have been primed for a big game.

I was surprised he only got 34 minutes (Trent should have known about BL's respect for the armed forces) and his stats weren't that bad.

Plus he would wanted to have done well anyway, I just think the ANZAC round holds special significance for him.

I've only just read thru this thread after watching the game yesterday at a noisy pub where I couldn't hear any commentry at all. I must have been watching a different game to 90% of what I've just read. Given the team we we just played is a title favorite with about the biggest lineup I've ever seen as well as a seasoned coach who gets the culture because he played at the Raiders. Against poor old Trent who will never be any good and burdened by poor recruitment and inexperience.
I watched a great game and a great effort by all the Manly players and I appear to have watched a different game to the majority of posts on here. A few matched my view but what was the rest of the negative nonsense? Truly unbelievable for so called Manly supporters !
Knowing the result before watching a game removes all the uncertainty and emotion whenever a mistake or bad Ref call is made. @:cool:

You can not compare a live experience to a replay - ever :shake:

Every error you watch has already been redeemed by the known result.
Whilst those of us who witness the error, have to fret, curse or pray for the ultimate result that we wanted but didn't already know was coming :whew:

Attending a live event, as opposed to waching a live broadcast of the event, is also a huge difference. The energy of a mass event is truly amazing :)

Get to Brookie everyone and immerse yourselves in the Manly energy :nod:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8