Pre-Game Manly v Sharks [Round 23, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

6 40
4 Pines Park
20 Aug 2022 05:30 PM

Team Lists

I'm thinking it will be a close one. The Sharks will probably win, but as long as someone plugs up the centre like Jake does, we've a chance. The backline looks reasonable and well balanced ( I actually am looking forward to Koula on the wing with his swerve and speed and reliability backing Garrick at the back). Just a matter of the forwards giving Manly room to move. Big ask without Jake but hopefully Walker grabs the opportunity with gusto. And if the injured Garrick is not there I agree 40. Get Koula back to full back and bring on Weekes on the wing (or vice versa)

Garrick has been playing injured for at least 4/5 weeks and should have been rested weeks ago. While I don't wish an injury on anyone it hopefully opens the door for Weekes for a full debut.
I didnt understand the thinking that Garrick at 50 to 60% was a better option than Weekes at 100% these past few weeks.
So obvious Garrick was stuffed, and resulted in some tries against us and squandered for us as a direct result.

If there was ever an example of our coaches blind stubbornness, this was it.

Exactly. Despite my respect for Hasler, he has this blind spot about selections of sticking with what obviously isn't working, I suppose expecting it will work its way out. Time and again its been shown it usually doesn't. A young enthusiastic player with talent can add that spark a team often needs to kick start the engine. If Manly win this one, or gets close, with the changes enforced on him to make, it goes someway to supporting that position

I've also made sizable bets FOR Manly too (as Woodsie could confirm), which kinda makes this comment of yours agenda driven and ridiculous.

I bet on Manly.more than other teams , because I tend to know a little more intimately what is happening before the game starts.

You suggesting the "bulk" of Manly fans wouldn't bet against the team knowing we have XYZ out and/or there are other reasons we'd likely lose seems moronic. Haha.

I've made heaps of money on both wins and losses from our team. I would hope all your bulk of fans would also think with their brains, rather than their hearts when placing real money down on the table.

Have the courage of your convictions then. Put a few hundred on Manly head to head this weekend? Exactly - I don't think so. At least last time someone on here ( no names) said something along your same lines to me, they had the courage to directly bet with me on it, which mind you when I won, I didn't call it in ..

Ridiculous take.
I never bet Manly as I find it hard to be objective

Just noticed Smalley has been named on the wing and Koula at fullback. We must’ve got an exemption for Smalley to play because he wasn’t named in the initial squad on Tuesday and is number 23. Pretty heavy for weekes, considering this is probably his best shot to get a proper crack at first grade with 3 of our usual backs out, including both our regular fullback and back up fullback. They obviously don’t rate him as much of a fullback.

I love watching Croker play but I really hope we can unearth a young attacking Hooker for the bench next year. With Walker gone, it's the perfect time to find someone dynamic to get us on the front foot and get our forwards rolling up the field. I think Croker could even cover lock (ala Victor Radley) in a pinch if we needed Jake up front. I know he's not the biggest bloke but he's a tough little bugger.
If there is a better option for us at 9 then I’d definitely give Croker a crack at 13

Just noticed Smalley has been named on the wing and Koula at fullback. We must’ve got an exemption for Smalley to play because he wasn’t named in the initial squad on Tuesday and is number 23. Pretty heavy for weekes, considering this is probably his best shot to get a proper crack at first grade with 3 of our usual backs out, including both our regular fullback and back up fullback. They obviously don’t rate him as much of a fullback.
Strange. Teams are only usually updated 24 hours and then 1 hour before kickoff

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8