Pre-Game Manly v Sharks [Round 23, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

6 40
4 Pines Park
20 Aug 2022 05:30 PM

Team Lists

By the way my comments above are pretty tongue in cheek ( if you haven’t already guessed ).

But the message is really, “ it’d be a tough gig having a members appreciation day with where we sit “.

By the way my comments above are pretty tongue in cheek ( if you haven’t already guessed ).

But the message is really, “ it’d be a tough gig having a members appreciation day with where we sit “.

Mate, the players, the club, the ownership, the media manager, from top to bottom have treated the members and fans with complete disdain this year, so vent away. I'll even go so far as to say they've treated the sponsors like crap with our CEO trying to sponge cash out of them for gambling.

We have a right to be angry, disappointed, frustrated, annoyed at our club right now.

It's a complete **** show , and there's no light at the end of the tunnel for this Sea Eagles team

That's just from the homophobe 7 isn't?

I do love however it's galvanised quite a lot of the rest of the league (even Christians in the same religion) in support of inclusivity.

The entire roosters outfit, those few sharks players, the fee Panthers players making public comments.

Anyways, it's all good.

Not sure why our dumb dumb players are making gang signs after scoring a try in a game you get thrashed by the Titans. Kind of embarrassing for them.

The worst part in all this, is our better players are leaving and we've got 0 replacement. So this is as good as it gets.

Anyone hear Dylan Walkers interview? Has Tony Mestrov (or anyone else) spoken to the players about the jerseys or gang type behaviour ? His answer was no.

Says a lot. Unprofessional rabble.

Yep a free tube of lube for every snow flake member. It's the least that Manlys's management should do!
Close. Members of this team are made of titanium mate, or we'd have all left months ago. I'm super proud of everyone on this board, but particularly the members, who keep showing up despite what's being served to them.

That's character !

I feel like it's indicative of the way the club is going that they announce the Member's Appreciation round THE DAY BEFORE THE GAME.
Yep, that's how this club rolls.
I'll never forgive the club for not sending one representative to support Barb (well Ken). He was so upset, he wasn't even able to have conversations at lunch with his son (and sons best friend) often having to walk away and cry.

We are supposed to be a ****ing community ! Earth to Mestrov. You were ALREADY in Queensland FFS. Simply unacceptable!

I'll never forgive the club for not sending one representative to support Barb (well Ken). He was so upset, he wasn't even able to have conversations at lunch with his son (and sons best friend) often having to walk away and cry.

We are supposed to be a ****ing community ! Earth to Mestrov. You were ALREADY in Queensland FFS. Simply unacceptable!

Yes @Merchant Of Doom The omission of any club representative at Barb Arthursons memorial lunch was deplorable and unforgivable. There is no acceptable excuse considering all parts of the club i.e Board, Admin, Players and Coaching Staff were all on the Gold Coast at the time. As I mentioned before its a really sad indictment on our club culture, and deeply disrespectful to the Arthursons. Absolutely appalling in my view.

100% agree
The whole squad and coaching staff should of done whatever it took to be there. No manly colours just in plain clothing and even orgainsed to pay for the whole service Arko deserved nothing less.

This is a bigger disgrace than the 7 and shows really where our club culture is at.

The club right now is at the lowest point I have seen it in a very long time.

If that’s true it’s deplorable. Very sad.

Yes @Merchant Of Doom The omission of any club representative at Barb Arthursons memorial lunch was deplorable and unforgivable. There is no acceptable excuse considering all parts of the club i.e Board, Admin, Players and Coaching Staff were all on the Gold Coast at the time. As I mentioned before its a really sad indictment on our club culture, and deeply disrespectful to the Arthursons. Absolutely appalling in my view.

Sorry, I shouldn't go on about it, but I've seen it first hand (the affect).

If that’s true it’s deplorable. Very sad.
If that's true? I was told first hand mate. Which sadly means it was noted by the parties involved. I'd never mess with a thing like this. I'm just frankly disgusted by it.

We had a CEO (who knew about the funeral). Most of the club just around the corner while playing the Titans. The same CEO Dylan Walker confirmed hasn't spoken to the playing group about either the rainbow jerseys OR the gang issues.

What the **** is going on here ?

Btw, I have some really cool stories about Barb / Ken , and even some I've just heard from Ken about some players and shannanigans back then. I'll just make sure it's okay for me to repeat them (wasn't the time to ask of course atm) that will give you all such a chuckle..

EDIT: POSITIVE happy stories hehe

I feel like it's indicative of the way the club is going that they announce the Member's Appreciation round THE DAY BEFORE THE GAME.
Yep, that's how this club rolls.
I said something very similar earlier in the week in the Club News thread, but then retracted my comment when I saw this:

The weekly 'Inside Swoop' members email on Tuesday, including Team List and Match Day Information, said (quote) "It’s Members Appreciation Round! The Club has some exciting activities planned to thank our loyal 2022 Members. Stay tuned for more information."

I said something very similar earlier in the week in the Club News thread, but then retracted my comment when I saw this:

The weekly 'Inside Swoop' members email on Tuesday, including Team List and Match Day Information, said (quote) "It’s Members Appreciation Round! The Club has some exciting activities planned to thank our loyal 2022 Members. Stay tuned for more information."
Ah. Only got my email today. Maybe they staggered them?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7