Post-Game Discussion Manly v Storm [Round 21, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Storm
18 Suncorp Stadium
07 Aug 2021 19:35
80th minute

Match Stats

Man some people on here are hard task markers.

If you think that was bad or getting close by 10 points to the storm then my goodness we are hard to please.

You put every other side against the storm tonight with that ball they get beat by 30.

Yes we made errors , we are a young side with so much potential.

I don't think we will challenge for the title this year, we are a year off and may go deep into September but man oh man give them so credit tonight.

I watched the game where Melbourne were by far the better side and barely got out of second gear while we hung on for dear life...which I am proud of in terms of effort but I’m not blaming the ref because Melbourne were physically superior. As for the ref, the Sipley one is a penalty every day of the week. The crushers looked like the same crushers that are penalties every week. The obstruction was odd but I have no problem with anything else.

it’s not time for excuses, it’s time to learn and get better.
Yes we were outplayed.
Yes we made too many mistakes.
Yes we need to learn and get better.

Big no to not blaming the refereeing for inconsistencies in decision making. Predominantly at Manlys expense.
Big yes to the ref having a disproportionate impact on the game in favour of the Scum.

Man some people on here are hard task markers.

If you think that was bad or getting close by 10 points to the storm then my goodness we are hard to please.

You put every other side against the storm tonight with that ball they get beat by 30.

Yes we made errors , we are a young side with so much potential.

I don't think we will challenge for the title this year, we are a year off and may go deep into September but man oh man give them so credit tonight.
I’m not discrediting the effort I’m just expressing an opinion that we weren’t the better side who were robbed by the referee. I thought Melbourne were very good and we were poor in a lot of areas...pretty sure the stats back that opinion up too.

And I would consider starting Lawton in Schuster's backrow spot, and then bringing Schuster into backrow after 20 minutes or so, for the rest of the game. Thoughts?
I would personally keep Shuster there. He will only get better after tonight. Watch the replay of the Garrick try after half time from front on, still played a huge part with his no look to Tom.

I think lots of improvement in us, just need to be almost perfect to beat storm but no reason why we can't.

I think Sipley is better off the bench. Maybe Josh to start again. Regaining his fitness now

You guys make your excuses....we lost and that’s not up for debate. We can sit around talking all day about the what if’s but that won’t change the result.

I hope Manly are dissatisfied with the result and are focused on improvement rather than sitting back feeling good about themselves because we didn’t get flogged.
No excuses, like you said we lost, but there is plenty to gain from tonight’s game and I don’t think for one second we will be happy or feeling good about the game, i believe we know we blew it and I believe we know we can get them and that we will go away from this game hungry to improve and looking forward to doing a job on them next time we meet.

We were so ill-disciplined and made crucial errors. Ref wasn't good by any stretch. Although ref aside, if we were more disciplined with the ball we would've probably won that. Gives me confidence. Storm were puffed by the close of that match, and that's despite having a lot of the possession and field position.

Definitely want to finish 4th over 5th
Doubt we'll get fourth now, I'd love it if we did but really can't see it

And I would consider starting Lawton in Schuster's backrow spot, and then bringing Schuster into backrow after 20 minutes or so, for the rest of the game. Thoughts?
Haven't thought about it before but this is a curveball and Josh would be a bit more fresh. However it won't happen if Josh is fit and available will start.

But just on Lawton, wtf was with his 3 min cameo at the end? His energy would have been useful with 20-30 to go

You guys make your excuses....we lost and that’s not up for debate. We can sit around talking all day about the what if’s but that won’t change the result.

I hope Manly are dissatisfied with the result and are focused on improvement rather than sitting back feeling good about themselves because we didn’t get flogged.
Did you listen to Daly after the match and Dez. They were very disappointed, especially how they affectivity shot themselves in the foot with too many errors and stated plenty of improvement needed.

Haven't thought about it before but this is a curveball and Josh would be a bit more fresh. However it won't happen if Josh is fit and available will start.

But just on Lawton, wtf was with his 3 min cameo at the end? His energy would have been useful with 20-30 to go
Agreed but his energy would be even more useful in the first 20-30 minutes. Our defence has seemed off in this period since he was shifted from starting on that edge, to tonight just playing a completely useless cameo role. Schuster still looking like he is well down on match fitness to play eighty minutes, and could provide more impact by playing 60 minutes instead.

Agreed but his energy would be even more useful in the first 20-30 minutes. Our defence has seemed off in this period since was shifted from starting on that edge, to tonight just playing a completely useless cameo role. Schuster still looking like he is well down on match fitness to play eighty minutes, and could provide more impact by playing 60 minutes instead.
Good points

After tonight I still think it's panthers storm GF this year us we are a year or 2 away from seriously contenting.

We will make week 2 of the play-offs I think and bow out.

All in all a great year

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 18
Storm: 28

213907285_10159270153750993_9177988439212002552_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

c620536e7a3a92d0858c6791b2d697cf.gif

Pressers:
Sea Eagles press conference | Fox Sports Videos
Storm press conference | Fox Sports Videos

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips: TBA

Press Print & Video Articles:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a joke they get a sin bin with 30 seconds to go.

That’ll do me, ref was a joke.

Should get a week's suspension for intentionally getting yourself binned in the last minute.

Or at the very least have them play the first 10 minutes next week with 12.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8