Post-Game Discussion Manly v Storm [Round 21, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Storm
18 Suncorp Stadium
07 Aug 2021 19:35
80th minute

Match Stats

Could have been top 4 after tonight, this was our first real big test in my opinion since we found our mojo and we weren't far off.

We have to beat the Eels next week to show we are the real deal, if we lose that then I don't feel we are contenders.

So penalty count 7-4 storms way
3 of them in the last few plays
Set restart count 7-5 storm
33-7 play the balls the storm had in our 20.
58% 42% storm way possession.

Seriously I know people on here are saying storm played poorly but my goodness those statistics we should of been beaten so badly.

Very proud of the efforts of our boys tonight.
If we did not make all those mistakes we win the game and beat both the refs and the storm

Don’t disagree that they will get better in the bigger games however I do disagree that they were much better than us tonight. Sure we made some fundamental errors however if we had 60% of possession and 40 tackles in their 20 we win comfortably. The latitude that the ref gave them in the ruck was farcical whilst he pinged us for the same thing. Allowing them to pick up Morgan Harper and carry him 10 metres into touch was a penalty every day of the week. Every 50/50 call went there way. I reckon we have their measure with an even roll of the dice,
They had 60% and all the penalties because they comprehensively won the ruck.

not attacking you personally but I’m tired of RL fans referencing possession and penalty counts as if they’re luck. We gave away penalties because we kept slowing them down knowing they’d rip through our middle.
They had ball because we made mistakes. We made mistakes because their line speed was incredible and they were physically superior.
We got beaten by a better team. It’s just the way it is. Torching the likes of the Sharks and Tigers doesn’t make us contenders. We’re a way off Melbourne yet.

yeah I’m a Manly fan but watching that game tonight, it was obvious to me who the better side was.

Not sure if anyone else has said this but I think it’s time to end the Walker experiment.They target him in defence and they get easy metres and in attack he either gets in the way or makes no ground
Yep new club for him next year I think. He shows something but not more than our gables or hooker and he is too small for the back row.

Tonight he was on par with our centres, but nothing says better than and worth a spot

Not sure if anyone else has said this but I think it’s time to end the Walker experiment.They target him in defence and they get easy metres and in attack he either gets in the way or makes no ground
Im hoping Paeska can still make the semis with his recovery from that ankle strain. Need him. Also think Keppie should find a place in the 17, he will add some staunch defence around the ruck.

Parker needs to lift to hold his place. I know Suli is a liability in defence, but so is Parker with the ball.

Not sure where Walker fits into the 17?

Just watched Des's review of the match. He looked angry, and spoke far briefer than Bellamy. I suspect he may have been really p.ssed with the ref, giving a couple of side comments that obviously upset him. I wonder if he'll complain. Wasn't happy with Manly's attack and mistakes and said they had work to do but his mind was definitely not on the interview and looked like he wanted to end it before it started.

So penalty count 7-4 storms way
3 of them in the last few plays
Set restart count 7-5 storm
33-7 play the balls the storm had in our 20.
58% 42% storm way possession.

Seriously I know people on here are saying storm played poorly but my goodness those statistics we should of been beaten so badly.

Very proud of the efforts of our boys tonight.

They also had a good good few players out, Kaufusi, Big Nelson, Kamikamica and Jennings.

not attacking you personally but I’m tired of RL fans referencing possession and penalty counts as if they’re luck. We gave away penalties because we kept slowing them down knowing they’d rip through our middle.
They had ball because we made mistakes. We made mistakes because their line speed was incredible and they were physically superior.
We got beaten by a better team. It’s just the way it is. Torching the likes of the Sharks and Tigers doesn’t make us contenders. We’re a way off Melbourne yet.

yeah I’m a Manly fan but watching that game tonight, it was obvious to me who the better side was.
I do understand what you are getting at however they constantly laid over us and worked us over on the ground. They consistently slowed our play the ball down when the tackle was not dominant.

I agree with parts of this, but Melbourne’s much vaunted rich control is created by cheating ( or knowing the refs won’t call it) stepping off the mark, forward passes and changing direction behind the player who plays the ball (obstruction)

They play the game On percentages and the main percentage is that the reg won’t penalise them 100 % of the time for their bull**** tactics.

They are then good enough to win games on what they have been afforded by cynical tactics and inept/inconsistent referees

Im hoping Paeska can still make the semis with his recovery from that ankle strain. Need him. Also think Keppie should find a place in the 17, he will add some staunch defence around the ruck.

Parker needs to lift to hold his place. I know Suli is a liability in defence, but so is Parker with the ball.

Keppie comes in. Walker goes out.

I agree with parts of this, but Melbourne’s much vaunted rich control is created by cheating ( or knowing the refs won’t call it) stepping off the mark, forward passes and changing direction behind the player who plays the ball (obstruction)

They play the game On percentages and the main percentage is that the reg won’t penalise them 100 % of the time for their bull**** tactics.

They are then good enough to win games on what they have been afforded by cynical tactics and inept/inconsistent referees
I think their line speed is miles ahead of the rest of the comp and everything happens off the back of that.

I do understand what you are getting at however they constantly laid over us and worked us over on the ground. They consistently slowed our play the ball down when the tackle was not dominant.
I didn’t think we won too many physical contests to earn the right to play the ball quickly. The suffocate with their line speed.

I can only see positives out of that game, no idea how any other manly supporter would think otherwise

Yeah Parker hasn’t been at his best the past two weeks but he doesn’t get exposed in defence as much as Suli and Walker would.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8