Post-Game Discussion Manly v Storm [Round 21, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Storm
18 Suncorp Stadium
07 Aug 2021 19:35
80th minute

Match Stats

I’m not seeing it. Why are the stays worlds apart?

Midway through the 2nd half, we’d had 1 tackle inside the storms 20 and had 40% of the ball. Now sure how you’d expect similar stats from when we are playing teams with a soft underbelly and playing with 60% of the ball because we have gone back to back on the scoreboard

If he is taking a bomb and getting tackled and then we are spreading the next tackle, he isn’t going to be chiming in as much, especially when the ball is being dropped

Melbourne have no more gears to got to they were playing well tonight.

By the way we had no ball no ball I repeat.

I know we had no ball. Melb were not their normal attacking self.
As I said, we were lucky to only lose by 10 given all the ball we gave them.

Both sides have a lot of improvement in them.

Given half a decent chance from the ref we will beat them. Hook a couple of ours though

To be honest I think this is the best thing that could’ve happened. Ref was clearly on their side and if we didn’t make so many errors we still could have won. We have learnt the hard way that errors lead directly to losses. That will be front of mind in the finals. Melbourne will walk away confident that they have our number. I’m confident we will beat them next time, when it counts.

Don’t want to be negative but Melbourne get better in big games, not worse. Tonight we were a better shot of jagging a win against a tired juggernaut who would no doubt reset for the finals.

I give us less chance in a big game now. We needed to surprise them in a round game to spook them a bit if we meet them in finals. They were much better than us tonight and will grow legs when it really matters.

We were so ill-disciplined and made crucial errors. Ref wasn't good by any stretch. Although ref aside, if we were more disciplined with the ball we would've probably won that. Gives me confidence. Storm were puffed by the close of that match, and that's despite having a lot of the possession and field position.

Definitely want to finish 4th over 5th

Midway through the 2nd half, we’d had 1 tackle inside the storms 20 and had 40% of the ball. Now sure how you’d expect similar stats from when we are playing teams with a soft underbelly and playing with 60% of the ball because we have gone back to back on the scoreboard

If he is taking a bomb and getting tackled and then we are spreading the next tackle, he isn’t going to be chiming in as much, especially when the ball is being dropped
Yeah, but this is exactly what we have to play against. Storm are good because they play consistent stats. We play low percentage hail marys which is great when it comes off but the percentages are low. Its a bit like idiots who gamble thinking they can outsmart the system and win. It happens once in a blue moon and it reinforces the dumb behaviour.

So penalty count 7-4 storms way
3 of them in the last few plays
Set restart count 7-5 storm
33-7 play the balls the storm had in our 20.
58% 42% storm way possession.

Seriously I know people on here are saying storm played poorly but my goodness those statistics we should of been beaten so badly.

Very proud of the efforts of our boys tonight.

Hmmm I wonder what odds would pay for the storm to win every penalty count and 6 again except eels game for rest of year...with the addendum that you don't count last 5min

We were very lucky tonight to only lose by 10.

Melb really did not play very well, they just didn't make the same amount of mistakes that we made.
I disagree. I think we could easily have won. The Aloiai and Reuben mistakes (that led to a very lucky try), and a couple of broken down 5th tackle playes late were the difference. I felt we were on top in the second half, but no luck, or ref calls, tonight.

Better to lose that way than get dusted, or never be in control.

The only think I worry about with Melbourne is that they had a few players out tonight. At full strength they will be a little better.

NYEagle

Good onya ref. 1 minute 28 secs to go, 2 restarts, 2 penalties and a storm sinbin. Text book evening up the stats.
Overall, encouraged by tonight. Gutsy effort, although too many errors. Hopefully this is fixable.
Ref rorting. Unfortunately unfixable.
Keep building Manly.
Something good is coming.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12