Post-Game Discussion Manly v Storm [Round 21, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Storm
18 Suncorp Stadium
07 Aug 2021 19:35
80th minute

Match Stats

Yeah, but this is exactly what we have to play against. Storm are good because they play consistent stats. We play low percentage hail marys which is great when it comes off but the percentages are low. Its a bit like idiots who gamble thinking they can outsmart the system and win. It happens once in a blue moon and it reinforces the dumb behaviour.

The low percentage plays etc are nothing to do with Tom, he wasn’t involved in them

Your point was around him not doing anything, but he created numerous opportunities against them, some which were finished off , and some that weren’t

Was he perfect ? No, plenty of room for improvement, but it can’t be said that he went missing and didn’t offer anything

I disagree. I think we could easily have won. The Aloiai and Reuben mistakes (that led to a very lucky try), and a couple of broken down 5th tackle playes late were the difference. I felt we were on top in the second half, but no luck, or ref calls, tonight.

Better to lose that way than get dusted, or never be in control.

The only think I worry about with Melbourne is that they had a few players out tonight. At full strength they will be a little better.

NYEagle
Yes agree with players like NAS to come back in but in saying that we had no opportunity on there line.

You take away our errors and actually give us a fair share of the ball in there 20 let's see how they go then.

People can say what they want but I the boys did us proud tonight and will learn more than storm tonight.

Neither team was at their best, I actually doubt you'd ever see these two teams at their very best against each other as the intensity forces errors, unfortunately tonight we made more of them.

We can beat them, no doubt about that but we cannot give them so many easy opportunities.

Aloia's error was gut wrenching, momentum was all with us..

Yeah, but this is exactly what we have to play against. Storm are good because they play consistent stats. We play low percentage hail marys which is great when it comes off but the percentages are low. Its a bit like idiots who gamble thinking they can outsmart the system and win. It happens once in a blue moon and it reinforces the dumb behaviour.
Gee I recall most of our errors were no in attack plays.

Aloiai - off kickoff
Turbo bomb drop - defense
Reuben - defense

If you ask me, what I saw from Cherry, Foran, Turbo and Schuster in attack and they way they set up the wingers was first class - full steam attack please. That's how we can win the comp.

If we try and grind and play high percentage possessions with teams like that, we are guaranteed to lose.

NYEagle

Happy with team effort. They did a great job. Rub of the green (and refs) went storms way or could of been an entirely different outcome

Don’t want to be negative but Melbourne get better in big games, not worse. Tonight we were a better shot of jagging a win against a tired juggernaut who would no doubt reset for the finals.

I give us less chance in a big game now. We needed to surprise them in a round game to spook them a bit if we meet them in finals. They were much better than us tonight and will grow legs when it really matters.
Don’t disagree that they will get better in the bigger games however I do disagree that they were much better than us tonight. Sure we made some fundamental errors however if we had 60% of possession and 40 tackles in their 20 we win comfortably. The latitude that the ref gave them in the ruck was farcical whilst he pinged us for the same thing. Allowing them to pick up Morgan Harper and carry him 10 metres into touch was a penalty every day of the week. Every 50/50 call went there way. I reckon we have their measure with an even roll of the dice,

Can anyone explain the DCE obstruction penalty???

Who was obstructed?
Olakau'atu was a decoy, jogged into the line and bumped Kenny Bromwich who then fell over (Andrew Johns went as far to say that he took a dive). DCE ran into that general area and so the ref blew a penalty

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10