Manly vs Dragons MNF

Ceagle said:
Injury situation is nothing Joe might be out, but we get Kite and Rodney back after the bye.

Rodney won't come straight back into first grade. He'll need some games under his belt to get back to his best.

codewanna, forward out of the hands mate, let's not restart the newtonian physics lesson....

we got a couple of weeks so some of those late injuries should be ok: but joe g looked completely stuffed, wolfman a hammy, if matai goes he'll go for a while with his record. so it's good some people are coming back.

The dragons were definately the better team and deserved the win, but I don't think the score line was a true indication of the game (especially because I thought two of their tries were no tries).

There's no doubt St George are the team to beat this year, but I'm not too disheartened by that game. I remember a similar game at Brookie in '08 against Melbourne. It was tough like this game and our attack just couldn't break the Melbourne line. We ended up losing by 6 that night and most thought the competition was all Melbourne's, but after that night we knew what we needed to do and we all know what happened come finals time that year!!

Agree. I remain positive. we win enough to stay in the 4. Players start coming back from injury. Learning curves of 6 and 7 continue.

our run in is like a finals prep workshop; last 2 games are storm and broncos. then if we make the 4 we are set up to have a major tilt as hg and roy would say.

We had heaps of ball ,we just didnt have runners ..no one was running into gaps when foran or DCE had the ball 5 or 10 out(where was rose running on to the ball from 5 out) .. I was at the game ,there were holes in Illawarra`s defence at times when they were defending their line, but we didnt have the decoy runners going .. or even a simple pass back inside to wrong foot the sliding defence..
We had momentum early on ..couldnt convert it to points & thats what fukd us ..

Ok i didn't get to see the game on tv as i was at work but i just got home and watched the replay and we were truly blown off the park and totally outclassed, anyone with any excuses are kidding themselves. DCE did a good job to take almost all the creative plays as Foran was injured but we look much weaker in attack without Foran at 100% Also Choc was useless tonight, saving himself for origin???

We need to work on our right hand attack as teams are starting to work out our left side attack and Foran running to the line is becoming predictable. I think Technical Coach has mentioned this before and he may be right. I think this loss will actually help us to improve and we will come out a better side for it.

No arguments torana. The side that was out there had a real go at the dragons after scoring early in the 2nd, but the drags matched our effort and when we slacked off (or lost confidence we could get through them to the line) they were ready to roll on over us which they did. Somebody was going to break and it was us on this occasion. I saw enough to think that they are not unbeatable and that we could get them if we play to our potential.

How different would the game had been if Ballin had his try awarded after 2 min &/or wolfmans try, we definitely would have gained confidence there, just saw the replay of the goons 1st try and it was definitely touched forward by stanley

We came within an ace of scoring 2 or three times in the first 11 minutes. Could have been quite different.
I just re-watched the game and am not disappointed with how we went, though we can certainly improve a lot.

Cowards dragons scored four 'tries'. One from a knock on, one from a forward pass, one exciting barge over from dummy half and an intercept from a Manly mistake. Manly played poor by their own standards this year but still scored the only well constructed fair try of the night.

herballlistic said:
..wtf happened!??....
I went to the game , thats what happend i jinxed them, should have just stayed at home & listen to it on the radio.. If i did that 1st try is awarded . :p

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2