Manly's 6.6 million Xmas Gift...Foz/DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That 2mil a season is floating around is on the LU warriors section too from a guy with inside connections or so he seems to say

1 of his hot tips was a trade of Watmough and Matai for Mateo and Neilsen between the 2 clubs ...

Wow Neilson, now you're talking, how exciting would that be!

As for Foran, I have heard that the Eels are launching legal action against both Foran and the Warriors because he'd already agreed to terms with them first.

Source: A mate of mine (who is a salesman who makes huge commissions) was in cafe and heard a dentist (who charges $170 to pull a tooth) talking about this quite loudly.

Really has this started already, i am condfident both will stay penn will ensure this.
Foz will be our next captain, remember we have last rights on contract offer. Dce no worries there i can see.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Wow Neilson, now you're talking, how exciting would that be!

As for Foran, I have heard that the Eels are launching legal action against both Foran and the Warriors because he'd already agreed to terms with them first.

Source: A mate of mine (who is a salesman who makes huge commissions) was in cafe and heard a dentist (who charges $170 to pull a tooth) talking about this quite loudly.

Eeergh.

Now we have the Titans come out and make a play for DCE

DCE show me the money mgr Orr confirms discussions but says " we won't do anything until we speak to Manly ".
Gee, isnt that nice of Chris Orr. The nerve of the guy.
The mgr is trying to milk every last $ out of Manly with these veiled threats.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/daly-cherryevans-and-luke-keary-head-recruitment-hit-list-as-titans-rebuild-into-a-premiership-force/story-fnp0lyn3-1227116847653

Aaaah, the irony. Seems like everyone's buying a 'champion' team now except us!

They are flying a kite with this if $800k is they got to extract him out of Manly they should save it for someone else.

Friggin' Titans. Ppffffttttt!!

Well I may as well get in on it too.

G'day Daly! (insert slimy grin)

Maaate, you've done alright for yourself down there in the city hey? Well, how about remembering where you came from and come home for a spell? Give a bit back to the area that made you, Mate!

I'm pretty sure if I pull a few strings, I could open up a spot in the Capra's line up. I can't promise a fulltime spot, and you may have to start the season form the bench until your fitness improves, but there are incentives I think you'll find attractive.

We can offer you, $200 a game, discounted bus fare to AND from the ground, a slab of your choice and a bucket of KFC's finest chicken each week.

Take your time Mate. Have a talk with the little woman and let me know. Don't take too long though!

PS. Do you have K Foran's email by any chance??

mozgrame said:

Maaate, you've done alright for yourself down there in the city hey? Well, how about remembering where you came from and come home for a spell? Give a bit back to the area that made you, Mate!

I'm pretty sure if I pull a few strings, I could open up a spot in the Capra's line up. I can't promise a fulltime spot, and you may have to start the season form the bench until your fitness improves, but there are incentives I think you'll find attractive.

We can offer you, $200 a game, discounted bus fare to AND from the ground, a slab of your choice and a bucket of KFC's finest chicken each week.

Take your time Mate. Have a talk with the little woman and let me know. Don't take too long though!

I'm an ex halfback moz, if you can fly me up and back each weekend I'll give it a go. You can have a headline "manly halfback signs with capras"

Ps I broke my collarbone in my last game. (this was in 1983) (it's fine now, only plays up when it is cold).

XV-1 said:

DCE show me the money mgr Orr confirms discussions but says " we won't do anything until we speak to Manly ".

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/daly-cherryevans-and-luke-keary-head-recruitment-hit-list-as-titans-rebuild-into-a-premiership-force/story-fnp0lyn3-1227116847653

Gavin Orr wouldn't be doing his job if he wasn't trying to 'milk' the best top $$ for his client now would he!!

I mean that is why players pay such good money to their managers isn't it?!!

And considering the short lifespan of a footballers career it's understandable a manager sets out to try and earn as much money for their athlete as they possibly can in such a short amount of time. Hence setting the player and their family up comfortably financially for many years to come post football!!

And good on Gavin for putting his clients best interests first! And in saying that, even if another club offers DCE more $$, I don't think he'll leave Manly!
But as the saying goes, never say never!!

Bird Up said:
XV-1 said:

Gavin Orr wouldn't be doing his job if he wasn't trying to 'milk' the best top $$ for his client now would he!!

And considering the short lifespan of a footballers career it's understandable a manager sets out to try and earn as much money for their athlete as they possibly can in such a short amount of time. Hence setting the player and their family up comfortably financially for many years to come post football!!

And good on Gavin for putting his clients best interests first! And in saying that, even if another club offers DCE more $$, I don't think he'll leave Manly!

Does it need to be played out in the Daily Telegraph?

Is that you idea of a good manager?
Gavin Orr has done a splendid job with Ben Barba's career so far.

Cameron Smith, Jonathan Thurston, Jamie Lyon and many other footballers seem to be able to get extremely good deals without their managers playing the BS thought the media/ Daily Telegraph.

Shoe1 said:
mozgrame said:

I'm an ex halfback moz, if you can fly me up and back each weekend I'll give it a go. You can have a headline "manly halfback signs with capras"

Ps I broke my collarbone in my last game. (this was in 1983) (it's fine now, only plays up when it is cold).

You could be a bit over qualified, just like Cherry. We really only sign blokes that finished their careers no later than 1980, and have had at least 2 broken collarbone bones. Plus the fact that you gave up footy after that break makes me wonder about your staunchness.

Best you pay your own airfare up, I'll introduce you around and we'll see how much you can drink after the game. That could be your only hope Mate.

Shoe1 said:
mozgrame said:

I personally think you'd be a shoe in, shoe1. ;-)

XV-1 said:
Bird Up said:
XV-1 said:

Does it need to be played out in the Daily Telegraph?

Is that you idea of a good manager?
Gavin Orr has done a splendid job with Ben Barba's career so far.

Cameron Smith, Jonathan Thurston, Jamie Lyon and many other footballers seem to be able to get extremely good deals without their managers playing the BS thought the media/ Daily Telegraph.

Well 'playing it out in the media' worked the first time when upgrading DCE contract so maybe Gavin is trying a tried and tested approach?!!!

Everyone has their own opinion on what's right and wrong for contract negotiations but at the end of the day I think that whatever works best to get the best outcome for his client is the best course of action taken!
Obviously the media works for DCE negotiations and not so much for Barba.....

As Ben Barba is going to sharks and he and DCE are best mates does this mean DCE will be targeted by them?

All this talk over who will become the next $1m player DCE or Foz...
After what I saw last night (and based only on that), they would be third in line after daylight & Shaun Johnson. Now, don't get me wrong, I would be gutted to loose either... and as a pair, probably the best halves combination, but last night Johnson grabbed the game by the throat just as JT would have (and DCE just quite can't manage to... as yet).

As for Johnson, yeah, I've heard of him but never really watched him play... last night may just have been a flash in the pan and I don't know if he can defend. But last night he was impressive.

Bird Up said:
XV-1 said:

personally i dont think that orr has anyones best interests first except his own. he is just trying to get them a pay rise so that he gets a pay rise.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6