Manly's Sports Science Unit To Be Audited

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Am I only one who gets cynical when labor ministers start taking the moral high ground and throwing the word intergrity around.

And the Wolfman buys in to the supplement debate.

I don't understand all the hysteria, who needs calf blood when you have Wolf Blood coursing through your body?!

— David Williams (@wolfmanwilliams)

If you lot truly think this is political, then think again.
Fully prepared for wrongdoings from us because it is sport-wide and will not cease. Betting has changed sport forever and is so deeply entrenched that we advertise an agency on our jerseys and, as I type, the same agency has a banner ad at the top of my screen. This year long enquiry tied drugs in sport and organised crime. Believe it kids.
I'll always love my Sea Eagles. Not assuming guilt, but am just very much aware of the compromised nature of all sport. Sad.

strone33 said:
Fox Sports scroll just said

"Danks brief stint at Cronulla in 2011 is cause most concern"

Well that debunks the whole issue then. Whatever this Danks clown was up to couldn't have been performance enhancing if Cronulla were on his gear....they were woeful in 2011.

Ok so Paul Kent on the triple m podcast was saying how people in Melbourne were talking about essendons improvement last year, much like manly's between 2006-2010 while dank was here. (Kents words not mine) Kent also went on to say the sharks improved in 2012 after he was there in 2011. What about Canterbury rapid improvement in 2012 I'm surprised no questions are being asked of them they have Des hasler whose motivations for joining the dogs were their financial resources to help him continue to use cutting edge sports science.
The auditors have been to the sharks as well.

The auditors are looking for a file which says, "illegal drug use and other bad things". If they can't find it, they'll just ask the CEO's personal assistant. That's how the Storm salary cap scandal broke!

And Gronk how do you know this....How do you know they wernt Salary Cap Auditors....

If they were drog auditors they are damn quick to do all that in a day.

4:11pm: League. Manly coach Geoff Toovey has welcomed an investigation into the NRL club’s sport science department on Thursday in the wake of the doping scandal which has engulfed Australian sport. Independent auditors Deloitte, enlisted by the NRL, descended on the Sea Eagles’ Narrabeen training base on Thursday to go through the department. Toovey was confident the club had nothing to hide and said it would assist the NRL in any way possible.

‘‘It was a decision from the NRL and we’re fully participating and cooperating,’’ he said. ‘‘We’ll do whatever necessary to ensure the sport in general is as clean as possible. We believe that is a must in our sport. As far as we’re concerned we’ve never had a problem here and we follow all procedures and protocols that have been put in place by the league. That’s all I can probably say on it, because that’s all we know.’’

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/sportsday-live/sportsday-live-thursday-february-7-2013-20130207-2dzkm.html

The hysteria of the ACC generated Report is hilarious on SKY.
Nothing factual has been released, but all afternoon everyone and his dog is giving their opinion.:cool:

All NRL Teams Staff who deal with the Players are going to be logged and investigated. Its all good, and anyone who is guilty of misconduct knew of the consequences and will be made an example of - Manly or not(at least Gorgeous George is safe from the suspicion of using HGH :angel:).

The match fixing is what ruins the game for the Fans IMO.:mad:
The Government is looking to make it a criminal act, so that should weed out the amateur cheats at least.
Today's ACC release had a Singapore Bookmaker placing $40 million bet on a game (not NRL) - that has to be stamped out.
The Government could ban overseas located bets easily.

I don't care if a Player risks his health in playing with a banned substance in his body, as in team sports, the effect can not be guaranteed.
No matter how strong/fast you are, you still have to pass the ball to a Player who is weaker/slower (see TRex) and cop the dodgy refereeing decisions to boot.

Unless, some of the Referees have been found to be corrupt too.:dodgy:

We live in interesting times and get to see the 2008 GF snippets again :D

PS. A few months ago Manly had their Administration Arm audited - did the other Teams get theirs done too?
With the audit of the Sports physiologists, Manly will come out as the pristine, goody two shoes, to the chagrin of the 15 Pretenders :p

It seems that the ACC has plagiarised this onion article:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/report-your-favorite-player-took-steroids,2013/

I don't believe the claims of the magnitude of sports betting corruption. There are supposed to be almost 400 games of soccer master-manipulated from Asia. One thing I do know is a bookie can smell a rat bet faster than any bloodhound. Look how easily the first-try fiasco was sniffed out and there was never any question that they were going to be caught. Corruption will happen but I can't help but feel that there are a few law enforcement agencies looking for massive funding increases.

TripleM said that the coaches were aware of the supplements at the time. I think its more directed at Essessdon but if not it would be Des.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4