• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I forget....did Steve officially ask for a release last year?

edit: contract release too ya perverts!

I LOVE that Matai wants to commit to the club. He is an outstanding, intimidating character, and bucks the theory that we'd get a complete wash our because of the situation with G Stewart.

If he is looking at extending then this is very positive news, made me smile reading it actually as it's some positive news amongst the other Media BS over the last couple of months. Also being part of the Senior player group it shows that he could have probably gotten more elsewhere but that money isn't everything even past 30. Maybe it'll make our young halves realise that they are the players they are because they are realising their potential at our club and anywhere else would hinder that. Wishful thinking but hoping the Matai signing will set off a chain reaction so that we can finally start writing threads on footy related topics for a change :)

You all believe the media now , I will cast judgement once he is signed ,sealed & delivered.

Very true!! But usually the media writes BS to distabalise the squad. Positive stories are usually fact as they know their BS is just that so that they don't look completely stupid (usually end up with egg on their face anyway hehe)

Matai is in my top 5 all time manly players, if he stays he's going into the top 3!
Hopefully this means foran is staying aswell

Steve staying is great , love the bloke.
my mail was that he was leaving , so for him to stay there must be some $$$$$$ involved.
Im not sure that may be a smart decision , as the salary cap gets reduced.

IMO DCE>Foran.

when things hit the fan last year , DCE was playing at 100% commitment , while the other guy wanted to start a soap series and question the club and coach.

DCE is a player a team can build around , in this day i dont see many clever skillful half backs and believe they win matches. DCE will be captain of QLD one day , his a gun and should be the number 1 priority of the three ( matai & foran ).I dont trust foran , lets say he signs another 3 yr contract and half way through it , he doesnt like something the club says or does and turns into a baby again with his little attitude twist. lost alot respect for him ... we were on top of the table by 4 points with 6 weeks to go and our run wasnt so bad , and look how we ended up, he and a few others should have to answer tot that.

Last edited:
Would Matai or Snake be our longest serving player now ? Just wondered if either player would be entitled to the one club loyalty concession. (can't remember the correct name ).

Would Matai or Snake be our longest serving player now ? Just wondered if either player would be entitled to the one club loyalty concession. (can't remember the correct name ).

Snake started first, Matai has played more games (just)

It is a really positive sign that he is intending to sign on 2 more years, the club I say have rewarded him with extra money and communicated about the things they want to do. Its great to think that this is happening and how it was not happening last year when it caused so many problems over the issue of Gifty.
I just hope that DCE and Foz take this on board when they decide. Stevie had a look around and realised that it is hard to find the culture that our club has anywhere else and all the money in the world cant buy that!

Hope this is true.

Firstly: Skivvi has been in career best form. For the last 2 years I would honestly say he is the only centre that is in the same hemisphere as Killer. The only thing missing is a kicking game, but his passing game picked up and he's no longer doing stupid things. He's still an intimidator, but not a liability.
Secondly: this is a good sign for the culture of the club. Here is a man that has more than most put his body on the line and he wants to stay and we want to reward him with a contract.
Thirdly: this might mean some resolution coming for Foz and DCE. Either way. Again I hope they both stay, but more than anything I want this sorted and I don't want another season derailed.

Again will believe this when we get the official announcement from the club, but good to hear a positive story!

Hmmmm, my top 5 Manly players (and in this order):-

01. Steve Menzies (of coarse)
02. Graham Eadie (don't ask me why, just always loved and respected the bloke)
03. Bob Fulton (Added so much as a player AND coach)
04. Jamie Lyon (one of the classiest people and players ever)
05. Ben Kennedy (major reason we are as successful today as we are)

My top 5 -favourites, not necessarily best players, just ones that I really liked to watch
Fulton
Cliffy
Hoppa Snr * (so many times since his playing career ended I've considered striking him from this list, in fact he's currently under appeal as I write - he's undone such a lot of goodwill)
Brett Stewart
Johnny Gibbs

*If Hoppa loses his appeal, his spot might go to Dale Shearer

My top 5 for ability, best players:
Fulton
edit: forgot Mal Reilly - unbelievable player before bad leg injuries, still good after that
Eadie
Randall
Lyon
Brett Stewart

Just love the top fives, but I don't know how anyone can limit to 5. I struggle. My top five usually has 30 names in it and I am loath to get it down.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7