Matai to stay an Eagle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well that's fantastic news. I guess steve didn't have time for a coffee with twatnow. Maybe Foz will ditch his sorry arse as well. I think twat may be on his own having a MUGachinno. Great work Joe Kelly and crew. One down two too go

I don't think Stevie was ever in the Cafe of Knowledge, that was just Choc, Foz and Snake.

My missus just messaged me about Skivvy. She is stoked. She was gutted when hoppa left, I think she would have stopped going to games if Stevie left. Happy Days all round!

When asked to outline his goals for 2015, without so much as even a monetary pause, Skivvy replied "I want another ring".

Now that my friends, is the kind of attitude we want perpetuating our club.

One of the really pleasing things about this signing is not only do we have Skivvy for another two years, it's an indication that the unrest is settling down. For Foran and Choc to both publicly state last year that Skivvy should be released, tells me that there was certainly some truth to the rumours of unrest. His commitment to the club on this day, says that these issues have been resolved.

It could simply be a matter of time heals all wounds, or the Penn takeover, or maybe it's the imminent signing of good friend Kieran Foran; I hope!

Great news

I was happy to let Matai go if thats what he wanted as he has been such a great servant but im #$@!iing absolutely delighted that he wants to stay

Daniel_Bryan_2012CutByJibunjis.png

Good to see stevie stay says alot about him and the way the club is heading , yeah he did say he asked for a release but in the end he decided to stay whether the other offers if any were true or not doesn't matter , i think he couldn't see himself anywhere else and i could't either . now hoping the others think if its good for stevie to stay its good for us

You bloody beauty. Maaaatttttaaaaaiii Maaaatttttaaaaaiiiiiii Maaaattttttaaaiiiiiiiii.:rofl:

Matai's extension has given me an extension of my own.
Great news for the club. After everything he's given as a player, I would have understood if he took an opportunity elsewhere at the end of his career, but really, it's so much better this way. He's got a chance to go out as a one-club player and to be remembered as a Manly great, which is what he deserves.
And even though he doesn't say much to the media (much like Gifty), I get the feeling he's one of the genuine leaders of the team. For all his seniority, Watmough was always a follower rather than a leader - he's proven that in the way he left and the way he's carrying on now.

Man it's refreshing to talk about positive things here. Love it & love Matai. He add more than being a quality centre. He adds intimidation, and aura ! The guy is an absolute diamond.

Another lesson to Choc on how to conduct yourself. He asked for a release as a big offer had been tabled. Done the right thing to simply asked for a release, stating his reasons. Club declined, stating their reasons, namely, he was too valuable to let go. For all the bitching we heard, mainly from Choc, about the club being unfair, someone who didn't bitch, or bad mouth the club, was Matai. Instead, he sat down and negotiated an extension.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8