Matt Lodge... Signed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
1. I do not know enough about him to talk about his personality but will highlight several red flags
2. Re “the enforcer”. He has played over 10 games once in the past 4 years
3. I understand value , look at woods, but can not see the value compared to the potential damage someone like him has at the club

As a signing it smacks of short term thinking and desperation. I would hate to think this is the reason we got rid of big Sam Fainu
Not to mention we went from signing Cooper Johns to signing Jake Arthur to now giving Matterson a crack at first grade. Everything reeks of desperation. Then you have an assistant coach who is ubering as a head coach for the Dragons.

Not to mention we went from signing Cooper Johns to signing Jake Arthur to now giving Matterson a crack at first grade. Everything reeks of desperation. Then you have an assistant coach who is ubering as a head coach for the Dragons.
Well, we have a first grade coach moonlighting as a first grade coach.

I don't imagine Spoony will be dropping Eddie Jones' name during his interviews this week.

How about the fact Walker was not guilty?
come on. let's get real.

if you are happy to accept the not guilty DV that wasn't a real DV but was pretty real on the day in the police video but in the cold light of losing a grave train didn't happen according to mrs DW then go right ahead.

I've also just shat a unicorn out of my butt by the way.

Ambivalent is the word of the day. As much as I'm not enthused by Lodge as a person, at the end of the day if we don't win the premiership this year (which we almost certainly won't given Turbo is cooked for the year again), we will be in our longest premiership drought since we started winning premierships.

We can't sit around and hope players like Keppie will come good forever.

Siebold's philosophy seems to be one of creating genuine competition for spots in the 17, I don't mind that.

Well...when I woke up this morning, this was a signing I didn't expect.

At least this coach is trying different things… Des retain the same players and didn’t blood anyone until the pride jersey fiasco !

Just sayin’

Ambivalent is the word of the day. As much as I'm not enthused by Lodge as a person, at the end of the day if we don't win the premiership this year (which we almost certainly won't given Turbo is cooked for the year again), we will be in our longest premiership drought since we started winning premierships.

We can't sit around and hope players like Keppie will come good forever.

Siebold's philosophy seems to be one of creating genuine competition for spots in the 17, I don't mind that.
So true on Keppie, Peseka is finally baring some fruit after a long 3yrs or so, not sure we can wait this long again for Keppie, these days you need to hit the ground running, otherwise it's thanks for your service and see ya later.

Dean Matterson has been playing pretty well for Blacktown. I think he deserves his crack at first grade. He brings some real versatility to the bench utility slot. Something we don't get with Johns or Arthur. Hope he goes well.

Dean Matterson has been playing pretty well for Blacktown. I think he deserves his crack at first grade. He brings some real versatility to the bench utility slot. Something we don't get with Johns or Arthur. Hope he goes well.
At least Matterson has been playing solid footy all year. Johns, Woods, Arthur, Lodge production line of nothing. How many Top 30 spots will we waste on them next year, while talent goes elsewhere?

So has that 350 k dispensation for Turbo"s rep related injury been confirmed ? and some suggestions here that Lodge will be on 1 000 k per game for the remainder of the season
That still obviously leaves a fair chunk or almost all of the compensation amount available or maybe just no one of real appeal [ and apart from and hopefully for better or worse with his signing , Lodge can provide something worthwhile ]
Maybe the remainder for some back ended supplements for existing players if that is permittable ?

Really did not expect or see that one coming . Just have to put the past behind and best look at it as a strictly footy based and professional call signing Lodge
Going to need at least one Blacktown outing to show that he is up to i st grade level .
Really unhelpful situation if Sam Fainu is no longer available for the rest of the season , Lodge , Woods even Boyle just not that encouraging to lift the competitive level but only too pleased to be proven wrong
Anyway if Manly can not find a way to get the better of the Cows, season is pretty much done [ finals wise ] let alone the generally disappointing Manly season to date

So has that 350 k dispensation for Turbo"s rep related injury been confirmed ? and some suggestions here that Lodge will be on 1 000 k per game for the remainder of the season
That still obviously leaves a fair chunk or almost all of the compensation amount available or maybe just no one of real appeal [ and apart from and hopefully for better or worse with his signing , Lodge can provide something worthwhile ]
Maybe the remainder for some back ended supplements for existing players if that is permittable ?

Really did not expect or see that one coming . Just have to put the past behind and best look at it as a strictly footy based and professional call signing Lodge
Going to need at least one Blacktown outing to show that he is up to i st grade level .
Really unhelpful situation if Sam Fainu is no longer available for the rest of the season , Lodge , Woods even Boyle just not that encouraging to lift the competitive level but only too pleased to be proven wrong
Anyway if Manly can not find a way to get the better of the Cows, season is pretty much done [ finals wise ] let alone the generally disappointing Manly season to date
The 350k Turbo compo can only be used on an outside back (like for like).

I've struggled with this signing but from a commercial perspective it makes sense. He has been signed for next to nothing so no big financial investment or any real additional pressure on the cap. He has been given an opportunity to impress and force his way into the squad. It might all come to nothing he may remain in Blacktown or alternatively if he has a dig then he gives us much needed grunt in the forwards. Next to nothing ventured and potentially plenty to gain. He lives on the northern beaches and at 28 i expect he realises this is his last chance to impress and earn another contract in the NRL. Plenty of incentive there.

I am getting increasingly concerned at rhe number of Moses managed players reaching a critical mass at the club.
although as someone pointed out they are all pretty much low value and unlikely to be used as leverage against the club ,as allegedly some of Mario's charges have been. But in general I don't like it either and I know you cant have a top 30 brimming with superstars unless your the Rorters but I also don't want the balance to be tipped too far into the plodder category either.

I don't think I'm getting ahead of myself.

Lighten up mate - a big part of footy is that there are two teams belting the crap out of each other. Like what Haumole and Aloia did to Justin Olam.

Rugby league has been founded upon great rivalries and brutality since it's conception in 2008. Sure, everyone wants their team to win - I mean d'uh.You must of forgotten about Spud Carrol and Chief Harrigan. The West's v Manly games of the late 1970's. Then there's the birthing of SOO when Arthur Beetson whacked Mick Cronin, and Mark Geyer v Wally Lewis, Paul Gallen v Nate Myles, the list goes on and on.

The battle of Brookvale - how good was that.

And lastly,

If you don’t care at all about something, the standard popular expression is “I couldn’t give a damn.” People often say instead “I could give a damn,” which should logically mean they care. Note that we say “I don’t give a damn,” not “I give a damn” unless it’s set in some kind of negative context such as “do you really think I give a damn?” or “do I look like I give a damn?’

But anyway...
Oh dear! Telling me, of all people, to lighten up is pretty funny to me.

I have said more than once since joining ST that it's not my go to be narky with people coz I find it unnecessary and unedifying. And maybe it's coz I haven't had my morning coffee yet but seriously, what condescending and pretentious drivel. And did you really write d'uh??!! How old are you?

Context is everything, as they say, so let me offer you some. My flippant remarks about Lodge were specifically related to your comment about him that sounded like some scorned lover from a wretched paper back novel and how this would make for some epic battle that would attract global attention. My simple general observation to this was that build ups can often turn out to be fizzers. You know, they don't live up to the hype. In addition, my comment that you appear to be getting ahead of yourself seems quite reasonable given the fact he hasn't even played for Blacktown yet and hasn't played 1st Grade for I don't know how long.

Furthermore, the examples provided in your attempt to educate me on the finer points of footy don't, in my estimation, fit contextually. Guac's tackle was not coz he felt like some scorned lover, it was just a great tackle. Carrol and Harrigan weren't scorned lovers, it was just rivalry and a tad extra ego than normal and so on and so forth.

And the very important context missing in your apparent enthusiasm for this potential clash is investment. Lodge hasn't even played for the Club yet, he has a highly questionable background and his on field niggly crap I've watched over the years doesn't fill me with the same enthusiasm you seem to have. That is, I'm not invested the same way I am with say, Guac or Carrol or the Blues or the Manly team as a whole.

However, if Lodge proves worthy and gets a gig against the Roosters, I wish him well for the team's sake. And I look forward to him playing a tough and crap free brand of footy. But as far as looking forward to some BS grudge match - I could give two hoots!

But anyway ....... it must be coffee time.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10