Matt Lodge... Signed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The Fainu’s won’t be here mate. More likely end up at the Dolphins (judging by their socials they’ve been up there over the weekend).

I think you’ll find Keppie will also be moving on at the end of the year.
Thanks for the info, is the Faunus moving on about them or their manager?

Seems really shortsighted by the club and pretty foolish. It didn’t seem like an unworkable scenario.

If moving on a really promising half and second rower under 20 makes a big difference to your salary cap then the club has serious issues

So he's signed a $7k contract with us at this stage... not too bad....

Hopefully it's just us taking advantage of a markdown/ sale for the remainder of 23 only
How many pre suspension fines do you think that covers?

Not sure if many remember correctly, but during last year's end of season run by the Roosters, Lodge was dominant, dynamic, churning out big minutes and plenty of metres. He was the alpha of that pack most certainly and easts benefited greatly.

Unfortunately this didn't translate to this year.

As he is on train and trial, potentially we could see some of his barnstorming best for the remainder of the season. The problem with this is we still will probably miss the 8, and in the process of giving him a spot in our 30 for next year, we'll give away a great clubman and decent bloke with still a lot of potential in Keppie, only for Lodge to crash and burn as he seems to always do once settled into a contract

For me, not as strong a view, wasn’t disappointed when AFB and Walker were let go, but a different ballpark in terms of their crimes for me, and I hate even writing that sentence because it can look as if it downplays their allegations

That wasn’t Lodges first incident, he’d been in trouble before. The NRL investigating person said it was one of the most disturbing cases she had ever read.
Lodge never showed any remorse, lied about sending them an apology letter, and then went about his life as normal with no intent in paying back any reparation until the NRL stepped in. That’s enough for me right there for me to write the guy off

The guy has then been so thankful for his opportunity that he couldn’t see out his Broncos deal and had numerous run ins there, he turned up at the Warriors due to his father in law and brother in law being there, got suspended constantly, and was that good a bloke with a great attitude that the Warriors sent him on his way, paying full freight for 18 months including 700k on this years salary cap, just to get him away from the group. He signs with one of the most professional organisations in Rugby League, and within a year they want nothing to do with him and his attitude was that toxic he was banished from training with the first grade squad

His actions in the first place were reprehensible, but he has then had many years to make amends with a 2nd chance many believe he should never have gotten, and he still carries on like an A Grade ****wit

The most recent comparison that comes close to Lodge is probably Russell Packer. He served his time, owned his serious cockup, and his attitude post sentence is on the complete other side of the spectrum to Lodge
While I see your points I somewhat swing the other way.(no jokes allowed)

Lodge did a terrible horrible thing. An unprovoked attack in public that will forever taint his reputation.
However I would say that DV is worse because it often happens behind closed doors to someone that the perpetrator pretends to love.
My point is an attack like lodges is there for the world to see. A drunken scumbag unable to control his aggression like 1000's across the country every Saturday night.

DV is a sinister cancer that can ruin lives and destroy families all in the shadows and unbeknownst to friends and family.

Now honestly tell me again how Lodge is worse?

What a surprise?? Does anyone have a tally of how many Moses affiliated players are with Manly.
Out with the Tartak, in with the Moses. Just like with the Broncos, the end is neigh with Spoonbold.

Lodge is managed by Stephen Moses, the cousin of controversial player agent Isaac Moses, who was previously Lodge's manager before being de-registered by the NRL last year for coaching Tim Mannah to provide false and misleading evidence to the NRL's Integrity Unit around the Eels salary cap rorting.22 May 2022

I’m ambivalent on this one.

Yes he has a past , but people can change and have to be allowed to get on with their lives.

Since those issues 8 years ago I can’t remember hearing anything bad about him off field ( although I haven’t exactly been following him ).

And yeah he’s been moved on from a few clubs, but on a train and trial basis Whats to lose ??

He’ll be paid on a per game basis so it’s not like we are sacking a player to get him into the 30.

Let’s see what happens , can’t be any worse than many of the no hopers we already have.

While I see your points I somewhat swing the other way.(no jokes allowed)

Lodge did a terrible horrible thing. An unprovoked attack in public that will forever taint his reputation.
However I would say that DV is worse because it often happens behind closed doors to someone that the perpetrator pretends to love.
My point is an attack like lodges is there for the world to see. A drunken scumbag unable to control his aggression like 1000's across the country every Saturday night.

DV is a sinister cancer that can ruin lives and destroy families all in the shadows and unbeknownst to friends and family.

Now honestly tell me again how Lodge is worse?
How about the fact Walker was not guilty?

I’m ambivalent on this one.

Yes he has a past , but people can change and have to be allowed to get on with their lives.

Since those issues 8 years ago I can’t remember hearing anything bad about him off field ( although I haven’t exactly been following him ).

And yeah he’s been moved on from a few clubs, but on a train and trial basis Whats to lose ??

He’ll be paid on a per game basis so it’s not like we are sacking a player to get him into the 30.

Let’s see what happens , can’t be any worse than many of the no hopers we already have.

How about the fact Walker was not guilty?
The NRL is never going to be filled with choir boys. If people only knew what some of these guys get up to when the cameras are away. Very few of the players are squeaky clean. They are coached on how to speak to the media, and what they should do in public situations. But the testosterone and violent tendencies will always spill over on occasion. It has been that way year upon year.

Some of these guys are seriously nuts, and they play one of the most brutal sports of the modern age. If they do the crime, they pay the consequences. If they contain the madness, they are free to earn big dollars smashing each other's bodies with the G Force of a truck in order to entertain the masses. Lodge has paid for his past sins.

A scorned Lodge up against JWH, Radley, and Collins. A desperate Cocks side against the pride of Sydney's Northern Beaches. No chance of it being a fizzer
Sorry, what was that, I nodded off.

Just kidding.

But I do think you're getting a little ahead of yourself, he needs to show something in Reggies first. Frankly, if they want to belt the crap out of each other, good on them. But I care more about our team playing good footy and showing us they can show some heart in defence. I could give 2 hoots if Lodge feels scorned and he and boofhead JWH have a p*issing contest.

But anyway ........

So many Silvertail posters on here saying that Lodge will probably end up at Manly, I laughed at this, so there you go..lol. It's a win win for us, it's only a 1,000 a week, total cost 7,000 or 10,000. If Lodge doesn't work out, very little has been risked money wise. If his heads in the right place and with fitness who knows.

I don't know how I feel or where I sit with this,but sure as sh1t if he is given a contract for next year we be better fking be premiers.

If and it's a big if Keppie goes,Woods stays the Fainus go and we Sign Lodge as our MFB super signing and we're not premiers, I dunno maybe it's time I gave it away.

1. I do not know enough about him to talk about his personality but will highlight several red flags
2. Re “the enforcer”. He has played over 10 games once in the past 4 years
3. I understand value , look at woods, but can not see the value compared to the potential damage someone like him has at the club

As a signing it smacks of short term thinking and desperation. I would hate to think this is the reason we got rid of big Sam Fainu

Sorry, what was that, I nodded off.

Just kidding.

But I do think you're getting a little ahead of yourself, he needs to show something in Reggies first. Frankly, if they want to belt the crap out of each other, good on them. But I care more about our team playing good footy and showing us they can show some heart in defence. I could give 2 hoots if Lodge feels scorned and he and boofhead JWH have a p*issing contest.

But anyway ........
I don't think I'm getting ahead of myself.

Lighten up mate - a big part of footy is that there are two teams belting the crap out of each other. Like what Haumole and Aloia did to Justin Olam.

Rugby league has been founded upon great rivalries and brutality since it's conception in 2008. Sure, everyone wants their team to win - I mean d'uh.You must of forgotten about Spud Carrol and Chief Harrigan. The West's v Manly games of the late 1970's. Then there's the birthing of SOO when Arthur Beetson whacked Mick Cronin, and Mark Geyer v Wally Lewis, Paul Gallen v Nate Myles, the list goes on and on.

The battle of Brookvale - how good was that.

And lastly,

If you don’t care at all about something, the standard popular expression is “I couldn’t give a damn.” People often say instead “I could give a damn,” which should logically mean they care. Note that we say “I don’t give a damn,” not “I give a damn” unless it’s set in some kind of negative context such as “do you really think I give a damn?” or “do I look like I give a damn?’

But anyway...

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10