Matt Lodge... Signed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Perfect opportunity to prove himself both on and off the field for the next 6 months hey.

Hope he gets around with Keppie off the park, with everything that kid does in the community.

Absolute monument we CANNOT afford to lose.

But back to Lodge, now is HIS time to prove it and show us all, or it may well be the end of his career ?
Yes, we need to keep Keppie.

Are you talking about what happened in New York in 2015? As bad as that was, I can't recall a single incident since. Great signing, and he's cheap. Just like Aaron (walk into the defensive line) Woods. He runs hard and tackles dirty. Finally we have our own firebrand, lead with the elbow prop. A real loose cannon who can shake things up in the middle.

Welcome aboard Matthew - I look forward to you signing a modest contract to repay the faith!

Heaven help him if he gives away a penalty.

Serious question for those who are completely against this signing. Did you have the same reaction when he signed AFB who kicked his pregnant wife? Or Dylan Walker who had a number of domestic incidents? Or Watmough who had a domestic incident early in his career?
For me, not as strong a view, wasn’t disappointed when AFB and Walker were let go, but a different ballpark in terms of their crimes for me, and I hate even writing that sentence because it can look as if it downplays their allegations

That wasn’t Lodges first incident, he’d been in trouble before. The NRL investigating person said it was one of the most disturbing cases she had ever read.
Lodge never showed any remorse, lied about sending them an apology letter, and then went about his life as normal with no intent in paying back any reparation until the NRL stepped in. That’s enough for me right there for me to write the guy off

The guy has then been so thankful for his opportunity that he couldn’t see out his Broncos deal and had numerous run ins there, he turned up at the Warriors due to his father in law and brother in law being there, got suspended constantly, and was that good a bloke with a great attitude that the Warriors sent him on his way, paying full freight for 18 months including 700k on this years salary cap, just to get him away from the group. He signs with one of the most professional organisations in Rugby League, and within a year they want nothing to do with him and his attitude was that toxic he was banished from training with the first grade squad

His actions in the first place were reprehensible, but he has then had many years to make amends with a 2nd chance many believe he should never have gotten, and he still carries on like an A Grade ****wit

The most recent comparison that comes close to Lodge is probably Russell Packer. He served his time, owned his serious cockup, and his attitude post sentence is on the complete other side of the spectrum to Lodge

Last edited:
As long as he doesn't try to offload like the second coming of Marty,he should go alright.
Self control is not strong in this one though(not talking about me).

Serious question for those who are completely against this signing. Did you have the same reaction when he signed AFB who kicked his pregnant wife? Or Dylan Walker who had a number of domestic incidents? Or Watmough who had a domestic incident early in his career?
The US incident was terrible and it should absolutely be considered in our like or dislike of his signing.

From a footy perspective - does he improve our team? Our culture? Our chance at a premiership? Will he increase crowd attendance at our matches? Or membership numbers? I don't think I can answer yes for any of those questions.

How often has he truly been an enforcer for the Roosters this year?

For what it's worth, here's a link to his 2023 stats from Zero Tackle:

So he's signed a $7k contract with us at this stage... not too bad....

Hopefully it's just us taking advantage of a markdown/ sale for the remainder of 23 only

Several strange exits from clubs is my only concern we already have some delicately balanced factions and it seems like we are risking it by chucking another alpha on the scales.

He unquestioningly has a bad past but society is full of people on second chances, last chances and off chances.

Wish it wasnt to be, but I can see the rationale. I’m not going to boycott the club over it.

I do worry that we are going for instant results rather than a structural rebuild. It’s kinda like Just giving the joint a fresh lick of paint all the while the footings need buttressing.

Not a fan of having Lodge at the club at all. Aside from being an A-grade tool, he's just not a very effective player in the modern game. Sure, he's got a reputation as an "enforcer" thanks to his cheap shots and grubby on-field behaviour, but he has not improved ANY team he's been at. What makes anyone at Manly think he'll improve our team when he's been a miserable, disruptive failure at every club that's given him a second/third/fourth shot?

The US incident was terrible and it should absolutely be considered in our like or dislike of his signing.

From a footy perspective - does he improve our team? Our culture? Our chance at a premiership? Will he increase crowd attendance at our matches? Or membership numbers? I don't think I can answer yes for any of those questions.

How often has he truly been an enforcer for the Roosters this year?

For what it's worth, here's a link to his 2023 stats from Zero Tackle:

Lady year he was very good for the Roosters. He was a big part of their late season surge.

Tell that to the family he terrorised in their apartment in the US
The ones he's currently paying or paid compensation to?
I'm not in any way condoning his past actions but a lot rugby league players in general can have some really poor judgement moments in life.
It would appear he's now married with children and has moved on from that incident to the best of his ability. Doesn't mean he's a good buy but there have been plenty of second chance rugby league players in the past.
I would go so far as to say DW and his DV issues were just as bad as a drunken tooled up scumbag (lodge) doing what he did. DW was given a second chance and most of us were cheering him on in his 2021 rebirth as the super sub.
Do I like his signing? Not really... if he plays to the top of his game will he make a big difference? Yes probably. If we go on a run with him leading the pack will this thread be a thing of the past? Very good chance most on here would be cheering away.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12