Matt Lodge... Signed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well Seibs has to make good of his promise to have another player for our top 30 before June the 30th otherwise it wont go down to well with us supporters, and I am not suggesting Lodge. So dont lie to us Seibs because we dont like liars here on ST... :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
Not a question of lying. I thought clubs were required to have 30, so if we don't have a new player coming in we'd simply upgrade one of our development players.

Mate .. I accept and support any player that runs out in a manly Jersey ... but you can't make me like it ..
The Player Sin Perspective .....

The Player from our most Despised club and Greatest Rival Parramatta Eel Jamie Lyon was born Manly again and loved again and Became our Legendary Manly Premiership Winner

The greatest Sin of all is to Play in a Manly Jersey and not honour our Legendary club with a premiership win . All other sins are forgiven
Jamie Lyon’s NRL career set to be ended by hamstring injury

Last edited:
Couldn "t see any real benefit recruiting Lodge especially for any sort of decent money and would not seem much of an improvement on what is already on offer . Jake and Paseka as the mainstays , surprised that Bulemor still has not be re signed and he seems to blend in quite well at present . Then the likes of Keppie and Sipley and also to include Alioia , not top notch but can offer something on their better days . Boyle can still not seem to get going , had the potential but injuries have not helped . Club did seem keen on Flegler so thinking looked then like needing an improved prop option . Woods just a stop gap measure . Probably not the cap space now to bring in a high profile prop . Premiership standard prop composition now , well maybe just if a few of them can just get some real solid consistency in their games

He isnt the answer and it reflects badly in recruitment. Manly need an influx of actual talent. Dylan Walker/Marty Tapau was the last blue chip signing. Couldn't get flegler Aloia was a downgrade from Fanua Blake, can't just sign misfits and redemption stories and hope to be competitive. If it wasn't for Olokauatu Jake and DCE the team would be hopeless, and whilst he's still no dummy half Lachlan Croker can be added to that list.

Having said that I don't think the backline has run out the same in consecutive weeks. Manly need to find a ferocious front rower somewhere that's obvious and at one stage Matt Lodge may have fit that bill but it's not a fit now.

Can we get Walmsley somehow? Knights an option but we need a leader. Jeez Andrew Fifita for thirty minutes a game on minimum coin? There has to be someone out there who just loves the contact and isn't scared to smash themselves every week.

He isnt the answer and it reflects badly in recruitment. Manly need an influx of actual talent. Dylan Walker/Marty Tapau was the last blue chip signing. Couldn't get flegler Aloia was a downgrade from Fanua Blake, can't just sign misfits and redemption stories and hope to be competitive. If it wasn't for Olokauatu Jake and DCE the team would be hopeless, and whilst he's still no dummy half Lachlan Croker can be added to that list.

Having said that I don't think the backline has run out the same in consecutive weeks. Manly need to find a ferocious front rower somewhere that's obvious and at one stage Matt Lodge may have fit that bill but it's not a fit now.

Can we get Walmsley somehow? Knights an option but we need a leader. Jeez Andrew Fifita for thirty minutes a game on minimum coin? There has to be someone out there who just loves the contact and isn't scared to smash themselves every week.
Totally agree, the forwards are still missing a reliable prop. Paseka should be that guy and is getting a little bit better year on year, but appears to be a while away.

I think the wing should be one of our primary targets as well. Our backline in general is not helping out enough. All the top teams have a platform partially built from their backs constantly taking hitups at speed (F = mass x acceleration).

For example, the Eels have a little bit of a depleted forward pack at the moment and it is exposing this isssue for them. Without RCG the backs aren't providing enough. Even though Sivo is proving hard to stop near the tryline, he is slow and lethargic coming out of their end - like their other backs. While im not 100% sold on Brisbane yet, I notice Farnsworth, Staggs, Arthurs all get very involved.

(I don't think Flegler would've been a good target though imo)

Last edited by a moderator:

Some legends on that list ......... Almost none of the players that are on the last from that list 10 years will go down in Sea Eagle folklore (well in a positive way).

Gotta say, Lodge was really good last year (when this thread was started) and would have been a good short term signing. This year he hasn't fired a shot, and at has had every opportunity at a time when the Roosters have been short on forwards. The fat lady may have sung for Mr Lodge.

Fonua Blake was the last time we had a beast in the front row. Paseka's improving, but even when you look at what other teams trot out there's very little intimidation in the Manly pack other than getting belted in defence. How good would Junior Paulo or Fischer Harris or NAS get the team going. It's just one hard man away from being rectified and JWH COULD BE BK 2.0

Fonua Blake was the last time we had a beast in the front row. Paseka's improving, but even when you look at what other teams trot out there's very little intimidation in the Manly pack other than getting belted in defence. How good would Junior Paulo or Fischer Harris or NAS get the team going. It's just one hard man away from being rectified and JWH COULD BE BK 2.0
One hard man and one hooker away…I don’t think Paulo (too slow and plays nice nowadays) is the answer but the other two would have been nice.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8