Matt Lodge... Signed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Train & trial means he can’t play FG unless we have a vacant spot in our top 30, so I assume we’ll be hearing about another player departing the club shortly for Lodge to replace so he can play FG this season?

Either that or Lodge plays for Blacktown for the rest of this year with the intention of coming into our top 30 next year?
I’ve had it confirmed he is available for first grade this year.

Well, he bought a multi-million dollar home in Bayview last year & given he made financial restitution to the people he terrorised in New York, sat out a couple of seasons after it, & has bounced around clubs since then, I dare say he has a fairly hefty mortgage to pay off.

Perhaps he’ll turn out to be an astute purchase but I can’t see him being happy to stay on a low value contract once he starts playing regular FG with us.

Well, he bought a multi-million dollar home in Bayview last year & given he made financial restitution to the people he terrorised in New York, sat out a couple of seasons after it, & has bounced around clubs since then, I dare say he has a fairly hefty mortgage to pay off.

Perhaps he’ll turn out to be an astute purchase but I can’t see him being happy to stay on a low value contract once he starts playing regular FG with us.

Perfect opportunity to prove himself both on and off the field for the next 6 months hey.

Hope he gets around with Keppie off the park, with everything that kid does in the community.

Absolute monument we CANNOT afford to lose.

But back to Lodge, now is HIS time to prove it and show us all, or it may well be the end of his career ?

We shall see.

He may well fill that gap as a player but it’s his off-field stuff that concerns me.
Are you talking about what happened in New York in 2015? As bad as that was, I can't recall a single incident since. Great signing, and he's cheap. Just like Aaron (walk into the defensive line) Woods. He runs hard and tackles dirty. Finally we have our own firebrand, lead with the elbow prop. A real loose cannon who can shake things up in the middle.

Welcome aboard Matthew - I look forward to you signing a modest contract to repay the faith!

I can see him going pretty well for us on the 3rd of August 2023 at the SCG. Either that or he will be sent off pretty early for taking Radley or JWH's head off.

I think everyone missed a minor detail out of this....another ex-West Tigers signing. lol,

The new Manly Leagues club after refurbishments...

1689066559205.png

I’ve never read as much garbage as I have about Lodge being an ‘enforcer’

An enforcer gets out on the field, runs hard, hits hard and takes no prisoners with his attitude

Stalking females, breaking into apartments and bashing doors in with a young child hiding behind them doesn’t make you an enforcer. Getting baited that bad that you get binned twice and give the crowd the fingers doesn’t make you an enforcer

Congrats Mestrov and co, I’ve barely missed a Manly game in 30 years, as soon as he pulls on the first grade kit I won’t be watching another until the club is rid of him
There's always rugby.

We have too many nice guys in our pack (especially since AFB left) - Jake, Taniela, Keppie, even Oshay. All blokes their GFs took home to meet mum on their first date.

I am with @Ryan on this - we need a Lurch O’Neill, Malcom Reilly, John Harvey, Ron Gibbs, Choc like hard man, bad guy.

Not sure if Lodge will measure up but there isn’t much else on the market

Last edited:
I can see him going pretty well for us on the 3rd of August 2023 at the SCG. Either that or he will be sent off pretty early for taking Radley or JWH's head off.
That game has suddenly become a must watch for every league fan. The potential for massive drama will see fans pour into the stadium en masse.

Serious question for those who are completely against this signing. Did you have the same reaction when he signed AFB who kicked his pregnant wife? Or Dylan Walker who had a number of domestic incidents? Or Watmough who had a domestic incident early in his career?

We have too many nice guys in our pack (especially since AFB left) - Jake, Taniela, Keppie, even Oshay. All blokes their GFs took home to meet mum on their first date.

I am with @Ryan on this - we need a Choc like hard man, bad guy.

Not sure if Lodge will measure up but there isn’t much else on the market
#Me Too

Serious question for those who are completely against this signing. Did you have the same reaction when he signed AFB who kicked his pregnant wife? Or Dylan Walker who had a number of domestic incidents? Or Watmough who had a domestic incident early in his career?

Yes.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8