Matt Lodge... Signed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Oh dear! Telling me, of all people, to lighten up is pretty funny to me.

I have said more than once since joining ST that it's not my go to be narky with people coz I find it unnecessary and unedifying. And maybe it's coz I haven't had my morning coffee yet but seriously, what condescending and pretentious drivel. And did you really write d'uh??!! How old are you?

Context is everything, as they say, so let me offer you some. My flippant remarks about Lodge were specifically related to your comment about him that sounded like some scorned lover from a wretched paper back novel and how this would make for some epic battle that would attract global attention. My simple general observation to this was that build ups can often turn out to be fizzers. You know, they don't live up to the hype. In addition, my comment that you appear to be getting ahead of yourself seems quite reasonable given the fact he hasn't even played for Blacktown yet and hasn't played 1st Grade for I don't how long.

Furthermore, the examples provided in your attempt to educate me on the finer points of footy don't, in my estimation, fit contextually. Guac's tackle was not coz he felt like some scorned lover, it was just a great tackle. Carrol and Harrigan weren't scorned lovers, it was just rivalry and a tad extra ego than normal and so on and so forth.

And the very important context missing in your apparent enthusiasm for this potential clash is investment. Lodge hasn't even played for the Club yet, he has a highly questionable background and his on field niggly crap I've watched over the years doesn't fill me with the same enthusiasm you seem to have. That is, I'm not invested the same way I am with say, Guac or Carrol or the Blues or the Manly team as a whole.

However, if Lodge proves worthy and gets a gig against the Roosters, I wish him well for the team's sake. And I look forward to him playing a tough and crap free brand of footy. But as far as looking forward to some BS grudge match - I could give two hoots!

But anyway ....... it must be coffee time.
The Devil Wears Prada Coffee GIF

I've struggled with this signing but from a commercial perspective it makes sense. He has been signed for next to nothing so no big financial investment or any real additional pressure on the cap. He has been given an opportunity to impress and force his way into the squad. It might all come to nothing he may remain in Blacktown or alternatively if he has a dig then he gives us much needed grunt in the forwards. Next to nothing ventured and potentially plenty to gain. He lives on the northern beaches and at 28 i expect he realises this is his last chance to impress and earn another contract in the NRL. Plenty of incentive there.
Yep, if ever a player was in the "last chance saloon" then here he is.
If he's got any pride or aspirations to still be a more than decent NRL footballer then this is the time.

I hope this really is a genuine train and trial to see how much he wants it and it's also part of a bigger picture to spur the likes of Keppie and Sipley on - " this place ain't big enough for the three of us!"

Oh dear! Telling me, of all people, to lighten up is pretty funny to me.

I have said more than once since joining ST that it's not my go to be narky with people coz I find it unnecessary and unedifying. And maybe it's coz I haven't had my morning coffee yet but seriously, what condescending and pretentious drivel. And did you really write d'uh??!! How old are you?

Context is everything, as they say, so let me offer you some. My flippant remarks about Lodge were specifically related to your comment about him that sounded like some scorned lover from a wretched paper back novel and how this would make for some epic battle that would attract global attention. My simple general observation to this was that build ups can often turn out to be fizzers. You know, they don't live up to the hype. In addition, my comment that you appear to be getting ahead of yourself seems quite reasonable given the fact he hasn't even played for Blacktown yet and hasn't played 1st Grade for I don't know how long.

Furthermore, the examples provided in your attempt to educate me on the finer points of footy don't, in my estimation, fit contextually. Guac's tackle was not coz he felt like some scorned lover, it was just a great tackle. Carrol and Harrigan weren't scorned lovers, it was just rivalry and a tad extra ego than normal and so on and so forth.

And the very important context missing in your apparent enthusiasm for this potential clash is investment. Lodge hasn't even played for the Club yet, he has a highly questionable background and his on field niggly crap I've watched over the years doesn't fill me with the same enthusiasm you seem to have. That is, I'm not invested the same way I am with say, Guac or Carrol or the Blues or the Manly team as a whole.

However, if Lodge proves worthy and gets a gig against the Roosters, I wish him well for the team's sake. And I look forward to him playing a tough and crap free brand of footy. But as far as looking forward to some BS grudge match - I could give two hoots!

But anyway ....... it must be coffee time.
Lighten up buddy.

I'm looking forward to watching Lodge and Manly go up against the Roosters. Siebold did want to make him captain at the Broncos, so I'm confident he will be in first grade by then with a point to prove. Footy players are a prideful bunch. Time will tell whether there is extra spice in the game, but I'm pretty sure the media won't miss the whole Lodge v Roosters pack angle.

As for what brand of footy is played - I couldn't give two hoots!

Hope the coffee did it's thing, I know it's not your go to get narky with people on ST.

Lighten up buddy.

I'm looking forward to watching Lodge and Manly go up against the Roosters. Siebold did want to make him captain at the Broncos, so I'm confident he will be in first grade by then with a point to prove. Footy players are a prideful bunch. Time will tell whether there is extra spice in the game, but I'm pretty sure the media won't miss the whole Lodge v Roosters pack angle.

As for what brand of footy is played - I couldn't give two hoots!

Hope the coffee did it's thing, I know it's not your go to get narky with people on ST.
You seem to have an odd obsession with gravity, sir.

1689125453391.png

1. I do not know enough about him to talk about his personality but will highlight several red flags
2. Re “the enforcer”. He has played over 10 games once in the past 4 years
3. I understand value , look at woods, but can not see the value compared to the potential damage someone like him has at the club

As a signing it smacks of short term thinking and desperation. I would hate to think this is the reason we got rid of big Sam Fainu

I note some skepticism of his "enforcer" status. It certainly took a hit when the Panthers forwards singled him out for attention earlier this season. I'd say Robinson was not impressed with what he saw that day as he has only been picked 3 times since then, and now released.

I can't believe I'm reading some of this positive bullshiite about lodge ...

"just what we need" ... "take no prisoners" .... "Enforcer" .... "forward leader"

Balderdash, rubbish and pig's TIT !!

Can somebody please tell me one club who's performance's he was instrumental in improving ....

... and when you fail at that .... tell me why you think he will suddenly be able to do it for Manly ???

PSS We may well need all these qualities in a forward ... but I don't think Lodge is the bloke that has them ..

I thought our club was about having a no dick heads policy?

This signing is sending a bad signal and I cannot understand why the club is not retaining quality young players!!
When it's all said and done, Lodge on his day is a quality battering ram and doesn't take a backward step. He's cheap, so what's the problem.

Can somebody please tell me one club who's performance's he was instrumental in improving ....
And when was the last time the Wining at all cost Ruthless Roosters let a winner go mid season

I am with you on this perspective view feathered friend @Woodsie

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8