Matt Lodge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Tiff with the owner.

there ya go.

Now Warriors owner Mark Robinson has shed light on what triggered Lodge’s exit.
According to Robinson, the pair clashed at the Belvedere Hotel near Redcliffe late 2021.
“We had an argument in a hotel, two alpha males in a pub last December,” Robinson told the Daily Telegraph.
“Two days later we shook hands and moved on but it never came right.
“He was unhappy so I bought him out of his option for next year and we parted ways.
“He didn’t like the club and he obviously didn’t like playing for Mark Robinson.”

Pressed on what the disagreement was about Robinson remained tight-lipped.
“Just two men and attitude and whatever. It’s seven months ago.“There’s no bad blood with Matt Lodge at all.” he said.
Thank you GE for your effort in producing this article
This is what happens when you put personalities above the passion for the club
No wonder the warriors culture is a losing one

You are spot on with this !

I am backing our club . We must not be interested for a good reason

Lodge might look an attractive prospect given that the Warriors are still paying him, but I get the feeling he's sorta kinda on the nose with most NRL clubs right now. Not many (if any) seem to be coming forward to see if he wants to join.

He's a good prop, I won't argue that. But the baggage he brings isn't worth it.

Lodge might look an attractive prospect given that the Warriors are still paying him, but I get the feeling he's sorta kinda on the nose with most NRL clubs right now. Not many (if any) seem to be coming forward to see if he wants to join.

You make a very good point

The Warriors may have already payed him out,but I doubt it wouldn’t stop Lodge asking for what he thinks he’s worth or what the NRL accept as a fair price

Pretty good article in todays paper re lodge and why he left the Warriors. Sounds like he and the owner had a big blue and given they paid his contract out it sounds like the owner was at fault. No one can condone what he did in the states however we need a front rower just like him. None of our pigs get the metres he consistently churns out and he has that intimidatory feel about him which is what we lack. I haven’t got the skills to post the article however it is a positive read on him. My tip is he will be with us next season. I would assume we tried to sign him for this year as well however on the proviso we could move Tapau on, which has been difficult given his declining form.

Pretty good article in todays paper re lodge and why he left the Warriors. Sounds like he and the owner had a big blue and given they paid his contract out it sounds like the owner was at fault. No one can condone what he did in the states however we need a front rower just like him. None of our pigs get the metres he consistently churns out and he has that intimidatory feel about him which is what we lack. I haven’t got the skills to post the article however it is a positive read on him. My tip is he will be with us next season. I would assume we tried to sign him for this year as well however on the proviso we could move Tapau on, which has been difficult given his declining form.
Spot on and he is way way better than Keppie, Sipley, KDL.

I get it Lodge is big and aggressive and has some good moments in the game. He has some attributes that Manly is missing in spades. We are crying out for a guy like that so I can see the temptation.

But he gives away a heap of penalties and he's not the type of guy to inspire a forward pack. We need an enforcer that will lift the team. Lodge hasn't shown he's that guy.

I know its worth a look given our needs up front. But there is a reason why the Broncos couldn't see the back of him fast enough.

I get it Lodge is big and aggressive and has some good moments in the game. He has some attributes that Manly is missing in spades. We are crying out for a guy like that so I can see the temptation.

But he gives away a heap of penalties and he's not the type of guy to inspire a forward pack. We need an enforcer that will lift the team. Lodge hasn't shown he's that guy.

I know its worth a look given our needs up front. But there is a reason why the Broncos couldn't see the back of him fast enough.
There’s a reason every club couldn’t see the back of him fast enough.He’s not the Ben Kennedy type of player the team needs

The Bayview bolthole is around 20 minutes drive from Manly-Warringah’s spiritual home.

Brookvale Oval, fuelling speculation Lodge will join the Sea Eagles for the 2023 NRL season.

Nearby Bayview Golf Club is a favourite golfing haunt for Manly players, past and present.

Manly have moved to talk down rumours linked Lodge to Brookvale, but as always the NRL player transfer market is a very fluid one and the Sea Eagles are in need of some size up from with Martin Taupau set to exit the club at the end of the year.

This last fiasco was not Lodge's fault and I am all about redemption and giving opportunity in life to players that many would question due to their past...as we all have a few moments not caught on tape, that we would prefer to stay erased, at least to the general public.
This is where it get's a bit sticky, as that scene over in the USA with Lodge is such a big Red flag, it made me sick and at the time felt he should be out of the game for good.
Since then he has come back to the NRL and at times been 1 of the best front rowers in the NRL and his attitude seems.....better.
Such a tough 1, as we could be with more grit in the guts and he adds this, but can cop opinions either way on it, as all is deserved good and bad.

The Bayview bolthole is around 20 minutes drive from Manly-Warringah’s spiritual home.

Brookvale Oval, fuelling speculation Lodge will join the Sea Eagles for the 2023 NRL season.

Nearby Bayview Golf Club is a favourite golfing haunt for Manly players, past and present.

Manly have moved to talk down rumours linked Lodge to Brookvale, but as always the NRL player transfer market is a very fluid one and the Sea Eagles are in need of some size up from with Martin Taupau set to exit the club at the end of the year.
That's just across the road from Rowland reserve dog park.

This last fiasco was not Lodge's fault and I am all about redemption and giving opportunity in life to players that many would question due to their past...as we all have a few moments not caught on tape, that we would prefer to stay erased, at least to the general public.
This is where it get's a bit sticky, as that scene over in the USA with Lodge is such a big Red flag, it made me sick and at the time felt he should be out of the game for good.
Since then he has come back to the NRL and at times been 1 of the best front rowers in the NRL and his attitude seems.....better.
Such a tough 1, as we could be with more grit in the guts and he adds this, but can cop opinions either way on it, as all is deserved good and bad.
I just don't think he's a good enough player to even be considering, for the potential risk he brings.

Bayview bolthole...........imaginative reporting. Good thing that it wasn't accidentally transcribed differently. If you doubt it, try saying it ten times fast.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8