Matty Ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You know, Hodges played for the Cowboys in the finals series last year when Ray Thompson was out with a long-term injury. And he did a good job.
As long as he can give crisp service out of dummy half we'll be okay. We can't expect him to do all Matty's work in defence though, so the other players will have to lift around him. As others have said, it's a great opportunity for him. Here's hoping he makes the most of it.

A team with Brett Stewart, Jamie Lyon, Anthony Watmough, Steve Matai, Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran in it, are always a chance to win any match they play in.
It's gonna be tough, but never write Manly off.

This is very disappointing. MB is our solid player who you know gives his all every week. We will miss him in both attack and defence.

Gee what awful timing to lose JB and MB. Hopefully MB is back for the GF.

I was gutted to learn that Ferris was gone for the season and now I am equally gutted to hear Matty is also gone for the season. They are both champions and I have a lot of time and respect for them.

Having these two out injured is certainly hard on the team and us fans but I also feel for both Ferris and Matty as this would be very hard on them. I just wish them all the very best with their recovery and hope they come back to us strong, healthy and firing fit in 2015.

I slowed down the replay of the Docker hit on Ballin to see the mechanism of injury which is Docker's knee making contact with the upper fibula which suggests a transverse fracture of the upper third of the fibula ( which is consistent with the position of the ice pack post match). Which means 4 to 6 weeks with a best case scenario of 4.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
You know, Hodges played for the Cowboys in the finals series last year when Ray Thompson was out with a long-term injury. And he did a good job.
As long as he can give crisp service out of dummy half we'll be okay. We can't expect him to do all Matty's work in defence though, so the other players will have to lift around him. As others have said, it's a great opportunity for him. Here's hoping he makes the most of it.

He also debuted for us off of the bench in the back half of the 2nd half in our round 17 loss to the Dogs.

I can't recall how he went though but reading the 'Game Day' thread, bob dylan wasn't impressed that Tooves took Matty off and replaced him with Jayden.

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-Game-Day-Round-17-Manly-V-Dogs-Round-17-2014?pid=581808#pid581808

I was gutted to learn that Ferris was gone for the season and now I am equally gutted to hear that Matty is injured and may not get a chance to play again this season. They are both champions and I have a lot of time and respect for them.

Having these two out injured is certainly hard on the team and us fans but I also feel for both Ferris and Matty as this would be very hard on them. I just wish them all the very best with their recovery and hope they come back to us strong, healthy and firing fit as soon as possible.

He just shovelled the ball out from dummy half. He didn't try to take on the defence at all. It was a strange cameo , but he was probably just following instructions.

Jethro said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:

He also debuted for us off of the bench in the back half of the 2nd half in our round 17 loss to the Dogs.

I can't recall how he went though but reading the 'Game Day' thread, bob dylan wasn't impressed that Tooves took Matty off and replaced him with Jayden.

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-Game-Day-Round-17-Manly-V-Dogs-Round-17-2014?pid=581808#pid581808

It's ironic that earlier in the year some were bemoaning the lack of spark in Manly's attack (especially out of dummy half) and stating the case for Hodges to be given a chance ... now that said scenario has materialised , it's panic stations.

driftout said:
I slowed down the replay of the Docker hit on Ballin to see the mechanism of injury which is Docker's knee making contact with the upper fibula which suggests a transverse fracture of the upper third of the fibula ( which is consistent with the position of the ice pack post match). Which means 4 to 6 weeks with a best case scenario of 4.

Thank you doctor Kildare.
Just wondering if you can help me. I have this strange lump between my legs. In fact there are two of them.

If your lucky @Jerry1 those 2 lumps might be Mrs Jerry1's dentures - upper and lower.

THIS ->
bones said:
A team with Brett Stewart, Jamie Lyon, Anthony Watmough, Steve Matai, Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran in it, are always a chance to win any match they play in.

just a thought isnt the 20s hooker supposed to be a gun ? maybe share the hooking role with him and Hodges

It is not a killer blow but close. Matty is such a huge part of our game. After so long it is almost impossible imagining a game without his crisp passes and tackle workload. The bookies have been twirling the odds knob out for the last three weeks but we have blown another half point in a day, that is what he means to us. We are currently $4.50 with most. I'm going to have faith and a whole lot of hope and see what happens.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
THIS ->
bones said:

just a thought isnt the 20s hooker supposed to be a gun ? maybe share the hooking role with him and Hodges

Michael Stigg he is BE, he has the right attitude thats for sure,but its whether Tooves would want to risk him or not

Sea Eagles Matt Ballin tells @skybigsports that he will be out for a few weeks due to fracture in ankle & will be back hopefully in finals

. @SeaEagles hooker @mattballin9 told @TK_BSB @mj_slats is hoping to be back from upper leg injury deep into the @nrl Finals @NSWRL

People people.....its not the end of the world. Yes we've lost Matty, and the main back up in Jamie.....but its not doom and gloom.

I seem to remember several years ago this bloke, small of stature but big on talent, came into a side full to the brim with champion players and there were fears he wasn't up to it, that he was too small. Questions were asked "Where can we hide this bloke in defence?" Then one of his new team mates jumped up and said "Hang on a second, this bloke is one of us, he was good enough to get picked and he'll do the job". That player was right, and that little bloke went on to become one of the games great players.

The little bloke? Allan Langer. The team? Qld Origin 1987. The player coming to his defence? Fatty.

Hodges may not turn out to be another Alfie, but Manly have obviously seen enough in him to sign him for 3 years. The club may not have intended him to be in first grade so soon, but he'll do the job.

You would expect 2 changes to come through due to this, cannot expect hodges to come in and play 80 minutes so they will need a back up hooker.

Hasson to drop off the bench for a back up hoooker, leaving JSL, King and Lui to provide the forward rotation.

The question will be who will partner Hodges?

Some say he is Germany's leading beer taster, others say he cuts his lawn with scissors, all we know is he is called the Stig?

I watch the NYC - and Stigg is a fantastic little Player.

But, he is tiny - the Cows Monsters will step over him - Scott , Tamou, Taumalolo, Hall - its not the time to crush an up and comer :sleepy:

2v to get his thinking cap on or the dumb edibles to play out a draw :cool:

Jack Littlejohn could come onto the bench as utility back up and give Jayden a rest if needed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8