membership numbers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
And Isz think of this

Let's say in the Sydney market they gave away 1000 free memberships to kids under 9.

And let's say 5% of those (that's a low number but let's use that) go to a game with their kid(s)...so maybe 50 per game, but mum could go so let's say a conservatuve 75...and let's say they all buy $25 GA admissions...so around $2 k per game.

10 Home games that's say $20K extra

Now NOT big numbers, but let's also factor in 2012 and beyond....kid loves the footy, Dad gets keen, they buy stand seats for season 2012.

It would have a multiplier effect no doubt....I love it, best move the membership department has made for years.

Numbers can be hugely increased if more promotion was done south side of the bridge.Maybe have a players day out around the inner west area.Im from the earlwood area and i know heaps of manly supporters who would love a chance to be members with a little push.By the way i am a member GO THE EAGLES.

I'm not knocking the free memberships but i think they will provide a great opportunity next year.

Lets say they make the next gen membership $5 thats still new revenue for the club even if on 50 - 75% of the members that took up the free membership renew.

Keep it free hook em early then into the Kids memberships when older than 9

how many of us at that age wouldnt want to keep getting hats and going to the footy just because it now cost a few bucks?

I think once the next gen membership matures it will be worth 500 - 1000 new members per year

The free kids memberships are spot on marketing.  Way back when I started watching kids prices were nominal, so I was naturally there every week.  Affordable family entertainment.  And the nominal child prices matured in time into long-term adult prices.

Fluffy link said:

how many of us at that age wouldnt want to keep getting hats and going to the footy just because it now cost a few bucks?

I think once the next gen membership matures it will be worth 500 - 1000 new members per year

That's the same system I use when I'm dealing crack.

Duff link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=186327.msg320304#msg320304 date=1299471613]

[/quote]

If the system works...

I agree with everything everyone is saying and think, long term, it is a fantastic idea. However, I will extend on what Cam is saying, what about the fact that tickets are $100 cheaper this year? Revenue wise we're not getting too much more at the moment but, as Mark said, get those 9 year olds to the games each week at $25 with a parent and you start to make the profits.

Jono link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=186327.msg320489#msg320489 date=1299507742]
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=186327.msg320304#msg320304 date=1299471613]

[/quote]

If the system works...

I agree with everything everyone is saying and think, long term, it is a fantastic idea. However, I will extend on what Cam is saying, what about the fact that tickets are $100 cheaper this year? Revenue wise we're not getting too much more at the moment but, as Mark said, get those 9 year olds to the games each week at $25 with a parent and you start to make the profits.
[/quote]

Its about a long term strategy.

If you sell 10000 tickets on average we will make a little and thats good. Slash the prices and sell 15000 and make the same amount and then there is added incentive for governments of all levels to upgrade the ground. The higher our average crowd the more secure the club is in the competition, the more the government will heed our pleas and the more likely we are to get better paying sponsors.

Guys I think you are losing sight of the real marketing option - the parents of the kids not so much the children themselves.

The parents are the ones to target for merch (bought direct from the club) etc. I would argue that engaging the parents is a far more successful strategy than trying to win over children

It is both Isz. Ask any kid that supports a team what they want and it is a massive percentage who will firstly say the latest jersey.

ladder_01042011.jpg

Wow that is great. I hope we can get to the 10,000 mark. Unbelievable jump in numbers. Great work

For sure it does BUT I reckon with every freebie there would have been a normal member as well so a fantastic and well thought out campaign!!

bhot link said:
Does this count include the Next Generation memberships that were free?

Yes it does.

Approx. 3000 are Next Generation Members.

I'm aiming for well beyond the 10,000 mark... Fingers crossed we can get there!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10