Merged Thread: Noel 'Crusher' Cleal, follows Des Hasler to the Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
RE: Good riddance Cleal, Hasler and any others

As I said on another post, I hope Hasler takes his 'under the radar' crap with him. I want our club to be promoted as the greatest thing since sliced bread, not some provincial secret. Promote the victories, and the history and get all kids interested in our brand from all over. Start advertising in mass circulation papers. Spend money on promotions and spreading the brand. Manly, the Greatest Club in the Modern Era.

RE: Noel Cleal to the Bulldogs

I didn't want to start a new thread just to ask one question.
Does anybody know if we have retained the services of Don Singe ?
I think he is almost as important to the club as either Hasler or Cleal, the bulldogs have taken two critical pieces from our chess board, I'd hate to see us lose a third.

Robbo said:
Well said. Let these guys know that not all of us fans are naive enough to swallow the crap about not believing in the admin/board etc. It's about money. Des went for the cash.

Now I'm waiting for the cuckolds to demand this post be removed...

100% Des Ha$ler has let everyone down front up to a media conference with fans and answer every question ashorten man up and quit right now

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Singe is staying from what I heard from 3 sources

Thanks BE it's nice to know that the team will retain such high levels of fitness. To my mind it's been one of the cornerstones of our success.

I'm sure Tooves will be happy also.:D

Donny Singe, a Manly legend.

These other two can go suck a fat one.

totally agree, time to go!! wew ill be sitting here debating our year not going so good and wondering why?? This won't work. We need to clear out and start fresh.

The die is cast, the decision has been made by Hasler, Cleal and Co. Time for the Manly leadership to finally show some leadership and invite anyone other iindividuals to leave now if the want to.

Geoff Toovey deserves better than this and he needs a fully committed team of players and officials 100 percent behind him.

This arrangement for Des to coach next year is not going to be sustainable, especially now that crusher is at the kennel, they are going to be working for their new bosses now. I know Dessie says hes a 100 professional but its time for him to get going. Dessie has lost face with the fans, its going to be untennable next season, every time we dont win hes under scrutiny.

The sad thing is that the last month should have been about a premiership celebration, instead its become a civil war and has been lapped up by our enemies at news limited.

The really bad thing is the members and ordinary fans are suffering. Its time for decisive leadership at the top. The cancer has to be removed cause its killing our club.

As Sir Alex Ferguson of the mighty Man Utd has said time and time again, get the players and staff who want to be there if you are to have sustained success.

To Dessie and Crusher, I have supported Manly since the 70s I have seen great players and coaches come and go. I want to thank you for what you achieved over this time winning premierships as players and coaches.

You have now sold your souls to the dollar of one of our biggest enemies, a club that didnt hesitate to jump to super league and were supported by an organisation that has done its best to kill us and its a fact that the hate and loathing that we receive comes from the News limited empire.

I appreciate that the game is a business and that you could no longer stand the dysfunctional board that we have. You have looked after and accepted your piece of silver and you and shown distain for thousands who admired you.

As for Canterbury, history will judge what you have done to our club, I am no hypcrite cause Manly took care of themselves in the 1970s and 1980s which we are constantly reminded of by Manly haters. You are about to find out that money will never buy spirit and they way your club has treated its so called legends is there for all to see. I suppose I might be stuck in a time warp as i am a child of the 70s but it saddens me that loyalty is now dictated by greed.

To the Manly admiinistration, please get your act together, consult the fans. listen to the players. Be decisive and ensure that we have players who want to be here.

To Tooves, all the best for 2012. If the teams has half of your determination and spirit we will be mighty competitive again.

I just want the negativity to end at the club I love.

Cheers everyone

Des Hasbeen.

I agree with you Sheridan....Let them walk now....or sign up and shut up.
Toovey should be given teh reigns and those who dont like it, dont have to be there.....

As ive been saying all along since the annoucement, let them go now or risk having Des lure our young prospects to his new team.

What more evidence do we need than him taking our coaching staff to prove he has no quames about luring people away from our club?

RE: Legendary NRL talent scout, Noel 'Crusher' Cleal, follows Des Hasler to the Bulldogs

Good. Now that's out of the way Toovey can get a new Recruitment Officer and start preparations. The only thing that annoys me is he won't know what to recruit for because he won't know who's leaving.

What needs to happen next is simple. Sit in the boardroom and nut out a new constitution, one that gives the right representation for percentage ownership, but give the Football Club veto power over the colours, ground and team name.

Next, once agreed to by everyone in the room (and I mean everyone, not 5 - 2 etc), call a full company meeting: players, staff, everyone. Put a bunch of paper on the table.

At the same time have David Perry in a meeting with Des and tell him that he is fired, pack his stuff up and leave immediately.

Scott Penn tells everyone in the meeting that this is occurring as he speaks and tells them that the papers on the table are get-out clauses. If anyone wants out they sign that piece of paper and walk out of the room immediately. The offer is on the table for 3 hours. They are locked in that room, they have a right to speak to Des but he must speak to everyone in the room, with the Board allowed to retort. They can also call their managers into the meeting.

If they have not signed in 3 hours they are basically pledging their loyalty to the Manly Sea Eagles for the rest of their contract, and Geoff Toovey as their coach. If they sign it they will be terminated from their contract immediately.

What this does is it gives us a head start on cleaning up the mess and it also gets us moving in the right direction. It also makes sure Des can't manipulate anyone into leaving over the next 12 months.

Most importantly it forces a player to walk in front of his mates and basically say "I don't want to play beside you anymore". That will be more gutting to a lot of them than the club firing a man that was leaving them anyways.

I'm just hoping after all of this the players turn on Des and stay at the club. If any players read this remember: Des is not just ditching us, he's ditching you too. I'd be pretty pissed off right now at him, not the club.

Globaleagle, of course Cleal will have discussions with Hasler about who he wants at the club from 2013. That's what makes it so nasty. Jono is right, lance the boil now and clear it away. The we can move on. I didn't think so last week, but on reflection, the situation next year will be untenable. (In Jono's scenario, I hope that T-Rex shows loyalty to the club)

So with cleal gone as well does that mean the current Bulldogs recruitment manager is up for grabs? Maybe we should get him to replace cleal. He has recruited a lot big names for the Dogs, he'd be perfect replacement.

DSM5 said:
Globaleagle, of course Cleal will have discussions with Hasler about who he wants at the club from 2013. That's what makes it so nasty. Jono is right, lance the boil now and clear it away. The we can move on. I didn't think so last week, but on reflection, the situation next year will be untenable. (In Jono's scenario, I hope that T-Rex shows loyalty to the club)

Its about time you agreed with my views ;)

He would because he says more than anything else that he loves playing beside the guys so, unless all of them picked up and left (or more than 50%) he'd probably stay. He has a good heart and hopefully sticks with us a long time. I'm more worried about our halves and the Stewarts. The Stewarts I am not sure about. On one hand Des has been loyal to them and helped them, but on the other hand so has the club and it's supporters. They to me are the biggest worry. As for the halves its more a worry that we'll lose them to other clubs (not the Bulldogs). The Broncos will make a huge play for DCE and the Roosters will make a play for Foran.

eelcatcher said:
So with cleal gone as well does that mean the current Bulldogs recruitment manager is up for grabs? Maybe we should get him to replace cleal. He has recruited a lot big names for the Dogs, he'd be perfect replacement.

Or how about one of Cleal's 200 contacts? Make the scum move of usurping all his contacts by hiring one of them as our new Recruitment Manager. Everyone wins...except for the Bulldogs and Cleal ;)

RE: Legendary NRL talent scout, Noel 'Crusher' Cleal, follows Des Hasler to the Bulldogs

Jono said:
Good. Now that's out of the way Toovey can get a new Recruitment Officer and start preparations. The only thing that annoys me is he won't know what to recruit for because he won't know who's leaving.

What needs to happen next is simple. Sit in the boardroom and nut out a new constitution, one that gives the right representation for percentage ownership, but give the Football Club veto power over the colours, ground and team name.

Next, once agreed to by everyone in the room (and I mean everyone, not 5 - 2 etc), call a full company meeting: players, staff, everyone. Put a bunch of paper on the table.

At the same time have David Perry in a meeting with Des and tell him that he is fired, pack his stuff up and leave immediately.

Scott Penn tells everyone in the meeting that this is occurring as he speaks and tells them that the papers on the table are get-out clauses. If anyone wants out they sign that piece of paper and walk out of the room immediately. The offer is on the table for 3 hours. They are locked in that room, they have a right to speak to Des but he must speak to everyone in the room, with the Board allowed to retort. They can also call their managers into the meeting.

If they have not signed in 3 hours they are basically pledging their loyalty to the Manly Sea Eagles for the rest of their contract, and Geoff Toovey as their coach. If they sign it they will be terminated from their contract immediately.

What this does is it gives us a head start on cleaning up the mess and it also gets us moving in the right direction. It also makes sure Des can't manipulate anyone into leaving over the next 12 months.

Most importantly it forces a player to walk in front of his mates and basically say "I don't want to play beside you anymore". That will be more gutting to a lot of them than the club firing a man that was leaving them anyways.

I'm just hoping after all of this the players turn on Des and stay at the club. If any players read this remember: Des is not just ditching us, he's ditching you too. I'd be pretty pissed off right now at him, not the club.
Yes yes yes, get it all out in the open asap

Nice sentiment Jono but I doubt it is possible to have such a meeting.

Don't forget the players have binding contracts, if the club started tearing them up willy nilly there might be hell to pay, legally speaking.

The situation does call for some leadership however. Unfortunately in recent years a lot of the leadership was probably coming from Mr Hasler. Someone needs to step up.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Nice sentiment Jono but I doubt it is possible to have such a meeting.

Don't forget the players have binding contracts, if the club started tearing them up willy nilly there might be hell to pay, legally speaking.

The situation does call for some leadership however. Unfortunately in recent years a lot of the leadership was probably coming from Mr Hasler. Someone needs to step up.

That's why you give them the offer to sign off on a get-out clause. If they don't sign then that's fine but they won't be given a 2nd chance to walk out of their current contract. It's a way to get loyalty in the squad. If you are loyal to Des you are given a chance to leave with him. If you are loyal to Manly then you don't sign anything and this will be remembered the next time their contract comes up. The player shows their loyalty to the club, the club should return it in kind.

The only ones that would be wise not to sign would be the Stewart Brothers. Their contracts end in 2012 anyways so they wait out their contracts under Toovs then leave in 2013. Everyone else would be a wolf in the ranks until they left so they might as well get out when they can. Too bad no one would be able to afford them.

It must be hard to put up with a dysfunctional Board at a place which takes you on as a first grade coach when nobody else wants you and allows you to work yourself into a position where you can earn $10,000 a week [or more] 52 weeks a year for coaching a team that plays about 30 games a year. I understandit must be a rotten job when your team you coach has no talent and the dysfunctional board refuses to shell out for some decent talent which would make the coach look good, even though money is tight this board is a failure.It must be intolerable to put up with a dysfunctional board who taps your 67 year old mate on the shoulder and asks him to stand aside for someone a bit younger and tech savvy. This board is obviously mad and its just not worth it anymore. Time for a paycut and some travel me thinks

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11