Merged Thread: Noel 'Crusher' Cleal, follows Des Hasler to the Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
RE: Noel Cleal to the Bulldogs

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Nice idea Ryan. But I'm concerned the word 'juncture' might leave a few of our players scratching their heads, we want the message to be clear.

As Earnie rightly points out, Toovey does not have mandate as yet to take such a step. But we don't have a CEO either.

The club has a leadership vacuum at the top. I have no idea how it will end but it better be sooner rather than later, I can't keep watching this forum all summer. :p

The draw is out for next season mate so pick a home game you would like to go to, where about to reserve the seats and let me know, its my shout.
Time to go, watch the grass grow and not mow it. Cant stay here all summer, only 249 sleeps till season 2012 starts, GO MANLY!!

Cleal and De$ have lost me forever. I will never forget Cleal say on the "The Game Plan" on One HD two weeks before the GF, rubbishing rumours of De$ and him leaving. What a friggin' liar. How can these guys sleep at night? Could not give a toss about us supporters and they should never be welcome at the Manly club again!

The post match functions will be interesting this year.Either no one will turn up to listen to mr personality,and his one or two words(of one syllable each),or there'll be heaps of heckling.Hell,might even break my self imposed drought on these waffle fests, to hear and see what happens.

jamesie said:
Cleal and De$ have lost me forever. I will never forget Cleal say on the "The Game Plan" on One HD two weeks before the GF, rubbishing rumours of De$ and him leaving. What a friggin' liar. How can these guys sleep at night? Could not give a toss about us supporters and they should never be welcome at the Manly club again!

Im sure Cleal also said that night he would never go to the Dogs, love to see a replay of that interview

Yeah, but guys, this is all just bitter grapes. Lets put that behind us, and look forward. Toovey needs to start implimenting his systems NOW. I don't care that Des still thinks he's running things.

If I'm Toovey, I go out and set the bar where he wants it, publicly (and professionally).

It's all about the bus.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/legendary-nrl-talent-scout-noel-crusher-cleal-follows-des-hasler-to-the-bulldogs/story-e6freye0-1226186617085

THE best talent scout in the business, Noel 'Crusher' Cleal, walked out on Manly to join Des Hasler at the Bulldogs because he lost confidence in the Sea Eagles' administration.

Cleal signed a five-year contract with Canterbury on Friday night and will leave the Sea Eagles immediately.

The former Test forward has the sharpest eye for talent in the game, having made the semi-finals for 14 of the 16 years he's worked in recruitment at Parramatta and then Manly.

It's common knowledge Cleal has taken up the Bulldogs offer because he can't work with the Manly administration. He's also angry over the sacking of his mate, Peter 'Zorba' Peters.

Not that he will say so publicly.

When I asked him to comment on his departure, Cleal said: "I'm not going to **** bag the place. That's not my style. Canterbury made a good offer, it's a challenging job, and I very much enjoy working with Dessie.

Unlike premier coach Hasler, who is staying at Brookvale for another year, Cleal is leaving straight away to give Geoff Toovey the chance to plan ahead with his own recruitment team.

Cleal's loss is a huge blow for Manly where he is regarded as a legend by the players and fans. Chairman and part-owner Scott Penn had offered him a substantial pay rise to stay on the northern peninsula. It puts more pressure on struggling CEO David Perry and an already fractured administration.
"The Bulldogs are a very professional club and I'm ready for a new challenge."

Meanwhile, Peters is back in town after a three-week vacation on the Greek Islands. He is manoeuvring for a position on the Sea Eagles board and is likely to end up sitting alongside the directors who got rid of him a couple of months ago.

REALLY
lost confidence in Admin or Des in your ear

45min into sports Sunday and not one mention from Zorba of anything

Legendary NRL talent scout, Noel 'Crusher' Cleal, follows Des Hasler to the Bulldogs

THE best talent scout in the business, Noel 'Crusher' Cleal, walked out on Manly to join Des Hasler at the Bulldogs because he lost confidence in the Sea Eagles' administration.

Read the full article

RE: Legendary NRL talent scout, Noel 'Crusher' Cleal, follows Des Hasler to the Bulldogs

Chip and Chase said:

Read the full article
Five years at Belmore sounds more like a sentence than a contract.

RE: Legendary NRL talent scout, Noel 'Crusher' Cleal, follows Des Hasler to the Bulldogs

Hasler & Cleal Strassman

Is Cleal huggy bear

If they love Zorba so much why are they leaving before the new elections? What if everything turns out to everyone's satisfaction after the elections? Are Hasler, Crusher and co convinced that it's terminal and can't be fixed?

Bye bye Hasler and co, I hope you fail at the dogs.

because he lost confidence in the Sea Eagles' administration.

Is that Perry, Penn or the Board

Cleal signed a five-year contract with Canterbury on Friday night and will leave the Sea Eagles immediately.

NO POACHING

It's common knowledge Cleal has taken up the Bulldogs offer because he can't work with the Manly administration. He's also angry over the sacking of his mate, Peter 'Zorba' Peters.

Zorba wasnt sacked

How is it that we had him on the books as an employee free to come and go as he pleases but the Dogs can sign him to a 5 year contract ?

Chip and Chase said:

Read the full article

Who cares anymore. He's gone so now he is history. Forgotten like last weeks bread. All I care about is the future of the Manly Sea Eagles and the people who want to be here and continue to make this the greatest NRL club not those who want to jump ship like scared rats.

Good riddance Cleal, Hasler and any others

Lets for one minute not fool ourselves, the Manly administration overestimated both Hasler's and Cleal's loyalty to the club and expected them to stay, until it took massive bucks from that sh#t club to sway them.
It was obviously a done deal on a handshake agreement long before the finals and no matter what the counter offer from Manly was,they didn't want to go back on their word,and are using lame excuses like, "Manly offered more money in the end to stay,or I lost faith in the administration".That is why the DOGS for months refused to announce a new coach
Des was on about $500,000, great money for a coach, probably the same as Sheens and Kearney,but not in the league of Bellamy, or the new deal for Bennett from Newcastle,but these clubs are owned by organisations where money is no object, at least Penn and Delmege and others put their money where their hearts lie, and collectively have sunk over $30 million into the club, I doubt it if Des has put any of his hard earned into the club.
As for Cleal, I would bet my left one that he would have stayed on at Manly if the DOGS offer didn't come even if he did have no faith in the administration.
What upsets me most is that Hasler was always my favourite player, Manly made him as a player and as a coach, and I honestly hope that he steps down mid season, preventing a player exodus, as I will cheer for Manly but I can't cheer for Des anymore.
Des should take a leaf out of Menzies book, Parra tried twice to get him, the Roosters as well, and he was enitled to leave after the Northern Eagles debacle, but stayed, and stayed for far less than if he switched clubs.

swoop said:
If they love Zorba so much why are they leaving before the new elections? What if everything turns out to everyone's satisfaction after the elections? Are Hasler, Crusher and co convinced that it's terminal and can't be fixed?

Bye bye Hasler and co, I hope you fail at the dogs.
thats what I said swoop as well,why dont you tell the truth Crusher,it was the money,forget how they treated your son,I thought blood was thicker than water,I guess not,money eases all the pain. you guys better make it work,because you wont be welcome back. And we could have a new admin in Feb,so that just all crap

Good riddance Cleal, Hasler and any others

I really don't care who goes. They can have the Stewarts, Lyon, Foran, DCE and Watmough for all I care.

2012 will be just like 2011 and 2013 to me. I will be cheering for Manly.

RE: Good riddance Cleal, Hasler and any others

Well said. Let these guys know that not all of us fans are naive enough to swallow the crap about not believing in the admin/board etc. It's about money. Des went for the cash.

Now I'm waiting for the cuckolds to demand this post be removed...

RE: Good riddance Cleal, Hasler and any others

Robbo, I won't remove your post. I don't necessarily agree with it but every fan is entitled to their opinion so long as it is presented in a civil way.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11