Merged Thread: Noel 'Crusher' Cleal, follows Des Hasler to the Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
RE: Tell us what you really think

I think that this subject does not deserve any more threads.

They can't win a comp with those players firstly.Secondly there players won't have as much respect for dessie as the manly players did that spells disaster.

bazeagle said:
Oops - I see WAMF has spoken.
We better all start behaving properly now.
WAMF dose make a point as this really is a meaningless thread come to think of it.

If multiple threads on a similar topic is the worst thing that happens in your day can we please swap lives?

You might not be sick of all the bull**** and speculation that goes on but alot of people are.

It was OK to have 500 Brett Stewart thread a while ago, 1 month ago it was fine to have heaps of "We are premiers" threads.

So why is this thread any more or less pointless than any other thread??

Stevo said:
Because multiple threads on 1 topic is annoying

I can't really see the difference between 10 threads of 10 posts each or 1 thread of a 100 posts. Maybe an extra click of the mouse to navigate?

To be honest I hate seeing threads where there are 20+ pages. In a new thread all I do is read the first one and if I'm interested in it I'll keep reading or contribute. If I'm not, I'll just ignore it.

Its hardly the crime of the century.

Tell us what you really think

The whinge depends on who starts the threads. It's that simple.

Masked Eagle said:
Stevo said:

I can't really see the difference between 10 threads of 10 posts each or 1 thread of a 100 posts. Maybe an extra click of the mouse to navigate?

To be honest I hate seeing threads where there are 20+ pages. In a new thread all I do is read the first one and if I'm interested in it I'll keep reading or contribute. If I'm not, I'll just ignore it.

You should have started a new thread with this post if that is the case. You could have called it "Why I hate 20 pages threads".

This got merged before I could give my honest thoughts.

It is annoying. But people like to be annoying so I will probably start up another Dessie/Crusher/Dogs thread.
My thoughts on this while I am here. Crusher was always my hero when I was growing up. I saw him at the Easter show this year and being a 37 yr old man, I was still squealing like a girl. So much so that my wife had to slap me. Crusher went to Parra years back. He did an alright job there but they did not win the cup. Their coach was crap. At the Dogs he will do another good job. With Des coaching they will be very strong. It sucks that they are leaving. They might want to come back.
I honestly think that we as supporters, need to really get behind Toovey and the people that he has. We need to show absolute faith in him. I remember a 2 years back people were callin for Tooves to get the top job when we were struggling. I think Tooves should be in charge from when they return on the 21st. Hasler should have no say it the way the team plays, tactics, players. Hasler should go now. He needs to take with him whoever plans on going from his staff. He MUST not take any players with him if he is a man of integrity and pride. He must refuse to sign any Manly player that has a get out clause in their contract. He must also instruct the Dogs to not approach any of these players.
This will hang over us for the duration of the season if Des does not go now. It will be an absolute excuse for anything that goes wrong.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Nice idea Ryan. But I'm concerned the word 'juncture' might leave a few of our players scratching their heads, we want the message to be clear.

As Earnie rightly points out, Toovey does not have mandate as yet to take such a step. But we don't have a CEO either.

The club has a leadership vacuum at the top. I have no idea how it will end but it better be sooner rather than later, I can't keep watching this forum all summer. :p

The draw is out for next season mate so pick a home game you would like to go to, where about to reserve the seats and let me know, its my shout.
Time to go, watch the grass grow and not mow it. Cant stay here all summer, only 249 sleeps till season 2012 starts, GO MANLY!!
Your shout? I'm in :D
I don't get down for all the home games but I'll pm you when I know I'm coming, and cheers to you.
By the way... 249 sleeps? How many times a day do you doze off? :)

Dont know what happened there, the calculator made an error. I do nod of now and again...who are you, what am I doing here?

Masked Eagle said:
Stevo said:

Well i'm the opposite mate. Agree to disagree.

Ha ha. Merged thread. Point proved!

Stevo said:
Masked Eagle said:
Stevo said:

Well i'm the opposite mate. Agree to disagree.

Ha ha. Merged thread. Point proved!

Takes all kinds I suppose! ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10