Merged Thread: Noel 'Crusher' Cleal, follows Des Hasler to the Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
codewana said:
Don't really want to go through 24 pages of posts... Does anyone know if he is staying or going yet?

Des = gone at end of 2013 at this stage
Cleal = gone immediately

master blaster said:
wonder if Killer will go soon as well,do a parra on us

Pretty sure Jamie was quoted sometime earlier this year that once his current deal expired he was maybe heading to the UK again for a season or 2. Not too sure when he is off contract though.
Realistically - the Dogs have a salary cap like the other 15 clubs and cant sign all of our players. They might get 1, maybe 2.

EagleRock40 said:
master blaster said:
wonder if Killer will go soon as well,do a parra on us

Pretty sure Jamie was quoted sometime earlier this year that once his current deal expired he was maybe heading to the UK again for a season or 2. Not too sure when he is off contract though.
Realistically - the Dogs have a salary cap like the other 15 clubs and cant sign all of our players. They might get 1, maybe 2.

i agree mate, we are known to have a bit of money at present and next year will have a fair bit. but still that won't mean we can sign stewart brothers, foran, dce, watmough etc thats all just media beat up.

realistically like any club we will address our weakness. which is plain as day 5/8 and wing. i don't expect alot of stars to leave for us. i'm sure u'll lose one or two between the nrl as a whole. most like dce and foran in my opinion. maybe the stewarts? cant see blokes like watmough leaving.

i think overall the dogs will make a huge play at foran and land him. and i think we will also make a play at brett morris who i have heard is pretty keen to join the dogs this time as he came close last time but stayed due to wayne. apperetly is keen to link with josh again, this would leave the dogs with a good group in barba, morris, morris, lafai, turner, foran, hodkinson, tolman, ennis, graham, pritchard, eastwood, stagg/halatau, kasiano, taupau, reynolds/romleo, payne, millington, browne and some great kids in jackson, finucane etc coming through.

with that said i expect a couple of smaller names to follow, be it lusick or someone like that it might even just be some no body who plays nsw cup for u or some under 20's or something, that doesn't worry me though as with des and co i'm sure we will have no problems attracting talent or even depth. i don't think we will take half your squad nor is it possible.

the problem i see for you guys would be if 1-2 stars walked to us or another club, will it be open day for all clubs to raid your roster? the loyalty card is clearly gone.

the mauler said:
thedogs88 said:
EagleRock40 said:
The loyalty card gone? Lol, that's a bit rich coming from a Dogs supporter mate.

Mate the loyalty club has been taken out of all clubs really, your's was one of the last. I'm not insulting it mate, just pointing out that yours is now gone.

Broncos lost it with Petro, we lost it with Moore sbw/mason, you've lost it with des and the rest to follow (your kidding if you think it wont stop the players loyalty), other clubs like storm have lost it pretty much outside of smith and slater (i think cronk will walk), and alot of other clubs never really had it e.g roosters, sharks, panthers etc in recent years.

although i do think the broncos will become the nextclub to pull the loyalty contracts of playing for each other for less.

To be honest I think the possibility of expansion clubs are more of a threat to us losing players then them going to the Dogs to follow Des. Especially Foran and DCE who if you were starting a club from scratch are exactly the right age and position you would want to build a club around.

Masked Eagle said:
To be honest I think the possibility of expansion clubs are more of a threat to us losing players then them going to the Dogs to follow Des. Especially Foran and DCE who if you were starting a club from scratch are exactly the right age and position you would want to build a club around.

Just being honest mate with keating gone next year theres another 180k, with roberts gone this year thats 220k. thats 400k there. if cap goes up don't be suprised if we throw 500k at him. hes worth it.

thedogs88 said:
Masked Eagle said:

Just being honest mate with keating gone next year theres another 180k, with roberts gone this year thats 220k. thats 400k there. if cap goes up don't be suprised if we throw 500k at him. hes worth it.

I'm positive the Dogs will have a crack at him, as will the Chooks and any other club with enough coin to seriously enter the race. I just think with a few new clubs joining the comp in possibly 2015, no club will be able to compete financially with what they will through at a young star play maker. Similar to the Suns in the AFL and what they gave Ablett jnr.

Only issue is the cap goes up for all teams

Provided we are able to spend the full amount we will have just as much to throw at foran etc

lsz said:
Only issue is the cap goes up for all teams

Provided we are able to spend the full amount we will have just as much to throw at foran etc

Yep, thats why a new club would be in the box seat because they can build a team around him rather then try and fit him in amongst a bunch of existing contracts.

Agree masked

Foran, DCE all of your kids would be valued on the market

We are dreaming if every club is not going to have a crack at them - much like we do for certain players (i.e. Gallen)

Masked Eagle said:
thedogs88 said:
Masked Eagle said:

I'm positive the Dogs will have a crack at him, as will the Chooks and any other club with enough coin to seriously enter the race. I just think with a few new clubs joining the comp in possibly 2015, no club will be able to compete financially with what they will through at a young star play maker. Similar to the Suns in the AFL and what they gave Ablett jnr.

Agree though isn't foran off contract next year? 2015 won't come into play as he will want a deal from 2013 on. In which im sure the dogs will be able to pay as much as anyone and as quickly as anyone + Des no doubt in his ear.

thedogs88 said:
Masked Eagle said:
thedogs88 said:
Masked Eagle said:

Agree though isn't foran off contract next year? 2015 won't come into play as he will want a deal from 2013 on. In which im sure the dogs will be able to pay as much as anyone and as quickly as anyone + Des no doubt in his ear.
He will also have Toovey and his team mates in his other ear as well . Our players have a strong bond .

BOZO said:
thedogs88 said:
Masked Eagle said:
thedogs88 said:
Masked Eagle said:

He will also have Toovey and his team mates in his other ear as well . Our players have a strong bond .

thats yet to be seen mate, based on the next year will know that answer. i think des, noel and a few others might outdo toovs.

thedogs88 said:
BOZO said:
thedogs88 said:
Masked Eagle said:
thedogs88 said:

thats yet to be seen mate, based on the next year will know that answer. i think des, noel and a few others might outdo toovs.
T Rex the most destructive forward in the game today had the option to listen to des, noel and a few others but he stayed with Tooves and his team mates so your des defection theory is not very affective . Keep dreaming :p

BOZO said:
thedogs88 said:
BOZO said:
thedogs88 said:
Masked Eagle said:

T Rex the most destructive forward in the game today had the option to listen to des, noel and a few others but he stayed with Tooves and his team mates so your des defection theory is not very affective . Keep dreaming :p

correct me if im wrong, however at the time only des had signed?

further more i highly doubt that tony williams would of been high on our list, we don't need another pritchard/eastwood type player. infact we dont really need any more backrowers at all.

tony williams also isn't anyway near the top or even most destructive forward in the game. he has had a good end to the season. still along way behind quality and consistency of guys like thaiday, burgess etc who have much more impact and thats outside guys like gallen.

as for my "des theory" being wrong, so far it seems more people are following des then staying at manly? wouldn't you agree?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8