Moses Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Realistically I wouldn't imagine he will be ready until 2019. He needs to enjoy his footy again and play with his mates. Its a tough call for a kid to jump straight into the grind of first grade NRL and he doesn't have the maturity yet. Some young ones make it but many don't. He could be anything when he is ready psychologically. He needs to have fun playing footy right now to get back on track.

southsideeagle

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
I have been following this closely without reading every post. I think the combination of his family structure, where he lives, his immaturity (he is probably not a great deal different from young men his age) BUT the biggy is the death of his father. This tore his life apart. It is taking him longer then some to get back the normal swing of life.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Josh Massoud is the WORST reporter in history when it comes to Manly. He's about as accurate as I am with predicting the quality of a player.

Nah!! I'd reckon you have it over him there Ryan

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Telegraph...
Moses Suli closes in on NRL return as Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett sings his praises

MOSES Suli is set to play his first game at Manly with the NRL club’s reserve grade side as soon as next week.

Suli, who was released by both the Wests Tigers and Canterbury over the off-season for a lack of professionalism, has spent recent weeks training at Manly overcoming minor injuries and shedding weight picked up in the off-season.

The 19-year-old is expected to be officially registered as one of the final two players the NRL has allowed room for to complete Manly’s 30-man roster for this year as part of the ongoing salary-cap drama.

“He’s going well, we’re expecting Moses to be available to play next week. We’ll put him in to play for (feeder club) Blacktown next week,” Barrett said.

“He’s a lovely kid and I’m really happy for him that he’s put himself in this position to get back on the field.
“He looks good, he’s certainly a talented player — we all know that. We’ve just got to keep working with him.”

Suli found his way to Manly due to his close links with a number of young players at the club, including Addin Fonua-Blake.

A $1.3 million signing over three seasons at the Tigers before he even played an NRL game at the start of 2017, Suli’s problems largely related to training attendance and punctuality at both his former clubs.

But Barrett said he’d had no such issues at Manly.

“He’s been really good. He hasn’t missed a beat, he’s done everything we’ve asked of him,” Barrett said.

“He came over and saw us. I think you can always see when there is good in a person and I certainly saw a lot of good in Moses.”

Suli’s return comes at a key time for Manly, who are facing something of a backline shortage.

Winger Jorge Taufua played through a broken collarbone during the second half of last week’s loss to South Sydney, and is out for up to eight weeks.
The Sea Eagles are hoping to have Dylan Walker back from leg and shoulder injuries in Round 6 against the Tigers, with Barrett not keen to rush one of his star players back and risk further problems.

We think he (Walker) will be a fortnight,” Barrett confirmed.

“He looks really good. I’m not going to rush him, he’s too important to us but he’s doing very well,” Barrett said.

“And if we get Moses to keep improving hopefully he’s available for us towards the back-end of the year.

“So we’re going to get some depth there. We are a bit light on at the moment.”

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
From Buzz’s Monday article

SULI ON THE ROAD TO REDEMPTION
Dumped Wests Tigers and Canterbury Bulldogs players Moses Suli is making good progress at the Manly Sea Eagles. He hasn’t missed a training session and has lost three kilos. He will play NSW Cup next weekend and coach Trent Barrett is tipping he’ll playing NRL later in the season.

Mitch

Bencher
From Buzz’s Monday article

SULI ON THE ROAD TO REDEMPTION
Dumped Wests Tigers and Canterbury Bulldogs players Moses Suli is making good progress at the Manly Sea Eagles. He hasn’t missed a training session and has lost three kilos. He will play NSW Cup next weekend and coach Trent Barrett is tipping he’ll playing NRL later in the season.

Sounds pretty promising! I think as a club we’ve fallen into some luck with Moses. He has plenty of support from close friends and coaches at the club which he may previously not have had and it seems to be showing. Can’t wait to see him go around for Blacktown this week.

Mitch

Bencher
So does that bring him down to a slimline 127kg?

I think it’s safe to say there may have been some over exaggeration around his weight in the media if he’s playing this week.

I couldn’t imagine an outside back playing at anywhere over 115kg at a maximum.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14