Moses Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Ha ha ha. That's hilarious. Your defending him. What about the other 5 or so things I mentioned... Let them slide... Just give him one more chance. That's great.

Purely reading off an ABC News article. Sorry to offend you Todd.

My point wasnt really about Carney pissing in his own mouth or not. Fact is he did something stupid. Again. On camera. After a long list of stupid incidents. Yet some are happy that see him come to the club.

Yeah, yeah, we get it Batty. You've harped on about Carney time and time and time again, you disapprove. Fair enough, it's your opinion but I agree with Ralphy that if you are continually bag the sh#t out of him at least get your facts straight, seems you usually do.

Suli and his manager were spotted in negotiations with Manly officials at Narrabeen on thursday morning.

The first public announcement of his parting from the Bulldogs I can find is dated 5pm wednesday.

Interesting that things moved so rapidly that he is at Narrabeen after just a few hours of daylight and meeting officials, not just Baz.

Wonder if we talked to him more than once before and this has been brewing for a while.

Also interesting:

The-19 year-old was on a relatively low wage in the first season of his new three-year deal at the Bulldogs.
Not too hard to see how this could happen so quickly. Firstly, Suli was released by the Dogs on Tuesday afternoon but it hit the media outlets on Wednesday afternoon.

Further, he knows our U/20's coach and our NSW Cup coach from his days as a students at Westfields Sports High, which is also where Funa and Fainu attended school.

Firstly, Joel Thompson has done the most enormous amount of work with troubled youth so if anyone can help the kid, it may well be him.
And secondly, you never really know what the key to a troubled young kid might be. I've no doubt the Tigers and Bulldogs both tried their best but just may not have had the right key to unlock him.
I was once teaching at a school where there was a Year Ten boy who was completely off the rails, no one could help him and he didn't want anyone to. One day I gave him a book about a young afl player making his way in footy and all the various obstacles he faced in life. Can't remember the name of it for the life of me. I had zero expectation he would read it but, as you've guessed by now, he completely devoured it and it set him on a path of actually caring about and valuing himself. Who knew the key was that simple when so many others had tried so many things?
You just never know what might work but we owe it to every one of our kids to keep trying.
So, it's a yes from me.

He is 19...a kid.

He simply needs time to mature. I think he needs some time away from the game to clear his head but...

If he did come to Manly, he should be on a minimum wage and he should only be considered for FG if he is meeting his obligations at training.

There is nothing stopping a club from keeping him on the roster and supporting his welfare without needing to play him in FG.

The Dogs probably couldn't justify spending 1.3m across 3 years for a player to sit in second grade, but if he comes to Manly on nothing, he can sit in NSW Cup until he finds the desire to make the FG team.

Yeah, yeah, we get it Batty. You've harped on about Carney time and time and time again, you disapprove. Fair enough, it's your opinion but I agree with Ralphy that if you are continually bag the sh#t out of him at least get your facts straight

Maybe you need your facts right. Two articles just in case you think one is made up http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-29/todd-carney27s-history-of-trouble/5558332

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/to...le-from-his-past-mistakes-20140629-zsq9d.html

I'm strange if someone jumps up and down on my car I tend to call it vandalism just like the court did.

If we sign him we must commit
To the kid well being on and off the field and not take the soft
Option of sacking him.

If he’s late, fine and if he’s late again fine him again until he works it out. Every time he fails to meet the minimum standard required show the young fella there will be consequences but being sacked isn’t one of them.

Not too hard to see how this could happen so quickly. Firstly, Suli was released by the Dogs on Tuesday afternoon but it hit the media outlets on Wednesday afternoon.

Further, he knows our U/20's coach and our NSW Cup coach from his days as a students at Westfields Sports High, which is also where Funa and Fainu attended school.

Yep, that goes a long way to explaining the timing.

I take the word "officials" to mean people who have the power to make decisions and sign off on them. It would be unusual for those types to be be involved first up, thus my interest.

Maybe he just met coaching "staff" and it's just all normal. Maybe.

Yep, that goes a long way to explaining the timing.

I take the word "officials" to mean people who have the power to make decisions and sign off on them. It would be unusual for those types to be be involved first up, thus my interest.

Maybe he just met coaching "staff" and it's just all normal. Maybe.
"Officials" is just media speak for "he turned up at Manly and spoke to people other than the players themselves". Can be anyone from a trainer, to Mr Penn himself.

There is nothing stopping Suli from running around with the squad in an unofficial capacity, which is probably what will happen in the meantime.

If we sign him we must commit
To the kid well being on and off the field and not take the soft
Option of sacking him.

If he’s late, fine and if he’s late again fine him again until he works it out. Every time he fails to meet the minimum standard required show the young fella there will be consequences but being sacked isn’t one of them.
I agree with this, but it only works on a minimum wage...you can't blame the Dogs for not wanting to blow 1.3m on someone who is not going to turn up and train, is overweight and showing no interest in the game.

If you're only spending the minimum wage, it's more understandable. Even more so if he is employed on a part time basis by the club (outside of the top 30 players).

Haven't heard to much about him to be honest . Whats he like as a footy player ?

What I have seen of him - similar to a young BJ Lealua, right down to being a little on the lazy side, yet very dangerous and only in second gear.....the best is yet to come, if he is among the right company.
Has many contacts at Manly....

Joey G would be perfect in this situation, but who knows maybe Joel would do the job too.

Possibly worth a shot , if on a min wage can't be much of an issue!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8