Moses Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Can Bazz get into his head and HEART ❣
We will see with this signing if Bazz is really a MAN manager !
Baz has 30 FG'ers and up to 50 other junior players to manage .... I am not going to put the entire success of this kid on his shoulders alone ...

I would like Baz to spend at least a little bit of time coaching the firsts ....

I think that would be much more upside with the present situation with Suli then say with Meehan's situation at the start of last season and in settling into the Manly club system . Admittedly the club can only do so much for the opportunity for him to re establish himself as a serious and committed and potentially very good footballer and to assist to get his personal life in a better place but there does seem that quite a few positives can work in both party"s favour for this to eventuate .

Most players in the NRL don't piss in their own mouth.
They don't piss on other people.
They don't get done dui.
They don't get done for evading police.
They don't vadalize.
They don't set strangers pants on fire in a nightclub (although that's pretty funny).
They don't get sacked for breaking team protocol.
They don't get continuously made to go to counselling....

Sorry. Can't agree with you that he isnt "any worse than most in the NRL" .

Blokes had his 17 chances. Someone like Croker deserves his shot now.

I don’t think he pissed in his own mouth. It’s just an illusion that young dckheads do trying to be funny.

I have 40 year old mates that have done the same trick thinking they were hilarious. Have to admit though that I laughed when I first saw a mate do it. Now it’s been done to death it’s not that funny.

Last edited:
Given everything the kid has been through I think he deserves a chance to try to make things right in his own life.

Being publicly dropped from two different clubs in the space of a month would have to have been a very humiliating experience for him, and apparently he's not actually a bad egg he's just struggling for motivation. Now that he has been thrown off the stupidly huge contract that the Tigers had him on, I'm sure he will be in a slightly better headspace.

I get where everyone is coming from and desperately wants this to work, but there are two parts to this. What is best for the kid? I dont think moving from NRL club to NRL club is helping him. It creates a false reality for him that it doesnt matter his attitude or performance he will just go somewhere else. Its obvious there is a lot going on with him and some pretty unfortunate stuff and he needs to get right first. It comes down to greedy managers wanting a pay day not looking after the individual. Then there is the optimistic belief that we will be the ones to turn him around. The Tigers tried for 2 years and Cleary is supposed to be a good man manager, the bulldogs had all sorts of stipulations in his contract and gave him a shot and it was the recruitment manager that brought him through at the tigers that took him to the dogs and it lasted a month, the optimism is great and the AFB comparison is convenient but what about the Willis Meehan comparison? I just dont think this is good for anyone despite the kids talent and I want our team to be as successful as anyone else.

Because you're not presenting your argument with all the mitigating facts.

1. Wayne Lambkin Was Moses Suli's coach at Westfields Sports Highschool, who groomed him in preperation for NRL success;
2. It appears travel was one of the most difficult things. This is mitigated by being able to travel with Fainu (one of Moses best friends) to The Northern Beaches;
3. Familiarity often breeds a sense of calm and balance, and Lambkin intimately know's Suli's family situation and background;
4. The kid came to us looking for a chance, and was subsequently sponsored & recommended by others in our top 30 squad;
5. The kids not a drunk, nor has he broken any laws. He's just 19 and struggling with life, and maybe a coach and friends that understand this, empathise, and work closely with him can help dig him out of this rut.

Personally, I think this is the perfect scenario for Moses. All round. He's now signed with us, so let's support him. Also, Uate will be 31 this season. Suli could be the perfect succession plan for that.

This is incorrect. He is on a top 30 contract. He will be training full time and flegg players (outside those on development contracts) are not allowed to train full time.

Are you 100% sure about this? It’s been widely reported that until the salary cap investigation is finished now further signings within our Top 30 can be made.

Because you're not presenting your argument with all the mitigating facts.

1. Wayne Lambkin Was Moses Suli's coach at Westfields Sports Highschool, who groomed him in preperation for NRL success;
2. It appears travel was one of the most difficult things. This is mitigated by being able to travel with Fainu (one of Moses best friends) to The Northern Beaches;
3. Familiarity often breeds a sense of calm and balance, and Lambkin intimately know's Suli's family situation and background;
4. The kid came to us looking for a chance, and was subsequently sponsored & recommended by others in our top 30 squad;
5. The kids not a drunk, nor has he broken any laws. He's just 19 and struggling with life, and maybe a coach and friends that understand this, empathise, and work closely with him can help dig him out of this rut.

Personally, I think this is the perfect scenario for Moses. All round. He's now signed with us, so let's support him. Also, Uate will be 31 this season. Suli could be the perfect succession plan for that.
Add to that a guy like Joel Thompson who spends his free time helping struggling kids.

Why did Suli actually get punted from the dogs, surely it wasn't just for skipping training early a couple of times, was it. Is 1 month long enough to assess his worth, just not quite ringing right to me, is there more to this, worried that we may be taking on a bigger problem than it looks at face value

Why did Suli actually get punted from the dogs, surely it wasn't just for skipping training early a couple of times, was it. Is 1 month long enough to assess his worth, just not quite ringing right to me, is there more to this, worried that we may be taking on a bigger problem than it looks at face value

Quite possibly BUT theres a few upsides, being trained by his old coach, playing with his old team mates and not having the pressure of NRL straight up.

Plus, if it doesn’t work it’s quite easy to fix as he won’t be on an NRL contract.

If it works, and he’s upgraded to the 30 then we might have jagged a future superstar.

Not too much downside in that I reckon!

I think that ultimately Dean Pay is trying to change the culture at the dogs. I think he is trying to bring back that aggressive wolf pack mentality and probably felt that suli didn't fit in with the mould he was building. He is old school no nonsense type of coach that is tough on discipline and probably wanted to show that he is willing to cut any one out who doesn't tow the line..

Gees some kids do smart things, some kids do dumb things. As long as they don’t hurt anyone who cares. Gees it’s just a game of footy. It’s not as if he’s proposing to be president of the Unites States or something!

Dogs wouldn’t have paid $400000 a season if this kid didn’t have something in him surely.Give him a go p.s players always change for some reason when they come to manly.

I don’t think this kid needs a ball breaker coach right now. I think he needs a good support base and he’ll get his head right. The talent is there but a lot of the time with stuff like this the pressure of elite sport needs to take a back seat. Get him enjoying life again and not just footy and the footy will come.

AGREED Budgewoi eagle couldn't have said it better myself ☺.And Mark from brisbane superstar i agree its a wonder what a change of scenery can do less pressure. And like i said few days ago centre is a possible area to boost our depth ,kelly on wing Suli in centre or vise versa .What an exciting young back line in a couple of yrs.Turbo ,jorge ,suli ,walker ,kelly ,croker ,Dce.

AGREED Budgewoi eagle couldn't have said it better myself ☺.And Mark from brisbane superstar i agree its a wonder what a change of scenery can do less pressure. And like i said few days ago centre is a possible area to boost our depth ,kelly on wing Suli in centre or vise versa .What an exciting young back line in a couple of yrs.Turbo ,jorge ,suli ,walker ,kelly ,croker ,Dce.

If it works , wow just think of our backline in a year or two!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8