Moses Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
You are correct ..... but I have not heard anybody suggest he is a future representative player ..... but as a depth replacement he is about as good as you can expect or get .... he doesn't let you down and has a go .... I would like to see him get at least 4 games in a row without injury ....

and it is note worthy that we haven't seen Suli in the clear either .... or any of our centres that often ... we tend not to play to them in our own half ... unless it is a hit-up .....
I like him Woodsie and agreed. Never done anything wrong. Maybe once he has a ripper game and gets a bit of belief he goes to the next level. Go Manly

Not taking any position on this but we have 9.4 million - 300K worth of assets (players) which we are putting on show in a foreign country (and which I think are the youngest in the comp). Given they are playing OS I am surprised that there weren't Club minders ensuring that everyone was on the same plane (pun intended).

From the SMH story, it sounds like he’s missed most of the week’s training in NZ thanks to the passport issue - it wasn’t like he was on the next plane, it obviously took a few days to sort out and get his arse over there. So it’s not an unreasonable call to say well, you sit this one out and the guy that’s trained with the team all week will get a run.
Look this doesn’t suprise me at all. I can’t elaborate too much due to the privacy act but I had dealings at work with a fringe nrl player (not from
A qld club) on the weekend. He needed 100 points of id and the kid had a passport and that was it.
Took about half an hour to help him go through his emails and online banking to get the required identification. Really nice bloke but he was hopeless.

You would think in Moses case the football manager would be all over this 2 to 3 weeks ago with a New Zealand game coming up. It’s not like it happened at the last minute you think there would be a process in place where all players in the 21 man squad would have the passports checked to make sure they have them and are in date.

Is Deanne Lees still at the club this wouldn’t have happened under her watch

You would think in Moses case the football manager would be all over this 2 to 3 weeks ago with a New Zealand game coming up. It’s not like it happened at the last minute you think there would be a process in place where all players in the 21 man squad would have the passports checked to make sure they have them and are in date.
Spot on - this was my exact reaction. When Barrett 'explained' the reason he was dropped was missing training due to a minor passport issue, there shouldn't have been a passport issue in the first place. The game was launched in Christchurch weeks ago (I recall that was where Gorman was when Gladstone-gate happened). Surely it was someone's responsibility to check all the players' passports, etc beforehand in preparation - or have they sacked so many they had nobody to do it? It beggars belief!

Is Deanne Lees still at the club this wouldn’t have happened under her watch
Do you need a passport to travel to NZ?

No. You don't according to this on a Google search: You do not need a visa to visit New Zealand if you are: A New Zealand or Australian citizen or resident.

So, are we being told the truth?
Perhaps Suli has a criminal record that forbids him from travelling?

You still need a passport - just because you don't need a visa doesn't mean you don't need a passport.

You still need a passport - just because you don't need a visa doesn't mean you don't need a passport.

Especially if you wanna get back in and not end up on Manus Island.

I once travelled from canada-NZ-aust- nz - canada and didn't get the passport stamped once. Shocking to have to rely on my memory to even remember the trip!

I reckon Suli will be fine.

Anyway according to this article on Foxsports he missed the training session BEFORE they even left so not sure what that had to do with his passport - unless he was off trying to get a replacement one at short notice instead of being at training .

“Moses had a passport issue and subsequently missed a training session back at home that he was supposed to go to,” Barrett said.

“It was minor on his part. He’s been really good, he has been, but it’s a call that I had to make.

“Moses isn’t going to improve if we don’t make those calls on him.

“I would’ve loved for him to play tonight because he’s a very good player, but I want him to be a 10-year first-grader and if I let him get away with little things like that, he’s not going to learn anything.

“It hurt him a lot but it hurt the team as well and he understands that, but we’ve just got to get him through because he’s a good kid and he’s a good player.

“I’ve got to help him by making those calls as well.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...i/news-story/ab23006ff9e0e16aabd3ef846d4a4471

last year i got an emergency passport renewal in 90 minutes ( funny story even though the mrs still struggles to see the funny side )she asked me to check it 7000 times . Growing impatient i let her know to stop nagging me , heard her the first 6000 times and i am not a child. Then she checked it herself and obviously changed the expirey date , just to be right , but she just wont admit it. Pfft calls me a child. But

Was mosses maybe born elsewhere. I presume that would slow the process. Maybe mosses mrs changed it like mine did, we will never know. she will never admit it from my experiences

I imagine he would have a Tongan passport and could take time if something was up. It's management's f*ckup anyways, they should have been on top of it weeks ago if that was the problem. Something is fishy, I don't believe that is the real reason he was dropped.

Look this doesn’t suprise me at all. I can’t elaborate too much due to the privacy act but I had dealings at work with a fringe nrl player (not from
A qld club) on the weekend. He needed 100 points of id and the kid had a passport and that was it.
Took about half an hour to help him go through his emails and online banking to get the required identification. Really nice bloke but he was hopeless.

Yeah, have had the same experience working with young soldiers, when I was doing admin stuff at army units. The number of times someone would lose a passport, ID card etc, or turn up to the airport missing something vital, or miss a taxi/bus/train/flight...hence, little faith in the ability of young men to get - and keep - their **** together!

Moses Suli absolute loser effort tonight has to be the last nail in his overweight coffin.
Melb sent 80% of their attack to him. He let in Melb first 2 tries. Including tackling thin air and forcing Turbo into unnatural defensive position that directly caused pec injury.

The worst was in the 2nd half when Ado Car went down the sideline. Several Melb pkayers followed the ball. Suli gave up and watched Melb score.

This guy is not Manly and does not deserve to be playing for us next year.

Let’s just hope no one over reacts...

I have beem consistent with my criticism of his shortcomings. He has not improved his defensive shortcomings against decent teams.
Melb and Roosters will kill us with him in the team as we are only as strong as our weakest link.

Moses Suli absolute loser effort tonight has to be the last nail in his overweight coffin.
Melb sent 80% of their attack to him. He let in Melb first 2 tries. Including tackling thin air and forcing Turbo into unnatural defensive position that directly caused pec injury.

The worst was in the 2nd half when Ado Car went down the sideline. Several Melb pkayers followed the ball. Suli gave up and watched Melb score.

This is you ,isnt it @Ryan ???

Sadly Moses does only one thing and then stops for a rest :banghead:

That NW try was easily stopped if he had bothered to turn and chase the kick as Brad did :cool:

Des needs to put in the extras with this amazingly talented but low application player :nerd:

Wasnt that the past few weeks hes been a beast in attack and defence. I live in Scotland. Support Manly from afar (got a new hoodie through the door, ✊)
This season is a work in progress. Dessie just in the door. We have improved bigtime. The effort from the players is amazing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11