MWSE forum new level of stupidity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You get busy at work, have things on at night time and don't go near a forum for 4 or 5 days and look what happens.....and I missed ALL the fun...damn!!

I am disappointed for any MWSE members that have been banned, WAMF and I are mates and he's a good guy, a very passionate supporter and really deserves to be heard...and to be banned for 3 months for what he says above is very poor.

As many of you will know I am pretty close to the club (although I am not paid by them...in fact I pay them) and Aaron and I have been mates for many many years.

There really is no one at the helm there, no the new "membership chick" (Sarah Brady who is very good actually) has nothing to do with the forum. My understanding is Zorba reads it and decides what stays and what goes.

I agree here the ultimate situation for Manly is they want to see it gone (my opinion only and no inside knowledge of that).....very few clubs have them and I think they consider them to be the domain of organisations such as Silvertails.

By the way Dan and I have reached agreement on me becoming a sponsor of the Silvertails, and this will be up and running in a month or two....it is hoped that my contribution also helps him with a new host to make the site a little faster....and with good reason as well, as he's going to need it!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
By the way Dan and I have reached agreement on me becoming a sponsor of the Silvertails, and this will be up and running in a month or two....it is hoped that my contribution also helps him with a new host to make the site a little faster....and with good reason as well, as he's going to need it!!

Good on you Mark.
positivo1.gif

Yeah, welcome aboard Marj.  We've thoroughly corrupted you, haven't we.

If Zorba is sitting over there moderating forums they ought to just bite the bullet and get rid of it completely.  What a waste of resources.  Reality I get the feeling Zorba is old school and treats new media with great suspicion.  Letting a dinosaur pull strings on something they don't understand or trust is just a recipe for disaster. 

Don't even give the website clicks. Make it the least accessed League site of all, and I bet they will need/use a tool to get people interested again down the track...

Play the game they want. If it is the least clicked site, questions will be asked...and fingers will be pointed.

Just use this site.

i posted my say over there before. I think they did need to pull a few people up for some of the rubbish of late but have overreacted a tad.

Ive always believed theres a need for a bit more decorum over there compared to here because after it bears the clubs trademark and is the official forum.

IMO mwse has fallen down since the departure of grant mayer and more so azza. With those two guys around there was alot more two way communication, if you had a genuine question or concern you got an answer whether it was a reply, email or a phonecall. People tend to fire up and get angry when they dont understand or don't have the facts. GM and aaron understood that and did a great job and mwse was better for it.

Ryan link said:
Don't even give the website clicks. Make it the least accessed League site of all, and I bet they will need/use a tool to get people interested again down the track...

Play the game they want. If it is the least clicked site, questions will be asked...and fingers will be pointed.

Just use this site.
ryan look at the big picture, i know you've been banned for as i was too,for being outspoken in my support for grant mayer.
Its still our club and the website does play a role in gaining sponsors that the club needs to survive.To avoid it all together would be determental to our club

Matabele link said:
Careful Cambo - all the Graham Lowe lovers will draw a target on your back. 
the can if they like, its not a shot at him just my perception of when mwse was at its best

Very sad to see this happening as it is causing unnecessary friction, we all get upset at the losses & some ppl do go over the top but not many ppl like reading constant lovefests, maybe zorba got the idea from  Rudds minister that wants to censor the net

i think its also safe to say zorba would be following instructions from the board of mwse

Surely the Board have better things to discuss?  I favour the option that the NRL are cracking down on it.

It's all jsut speculation and theory really.

Who knows, and really who cares, there is nothing that we can do about it other than promoting this place to those that are banned and looking for an alternative and continue to go about our business over here.

Regardless, saying Chris Bailey has been playing very poorly of late (and that's as bad as it was), should not be reason to ban somebody. Banning WAMF is a joke, because he has always been one of the most positive and supportive guys over there.....and Cam.....I was filthy when you were banned over there about your support for Mayer....and I agree.....

Things were MUCH better in his tenure....MUCH !

We dont know all the reasons so lets not worry too much about it hey guys?

That being said Dan, I would still encourage all and sundry, regardless of what history and background, to post / view news articles etc here first and foremost.

I personally believe we are more up to date, the content is more complex, detailed and debate is more healthy - and opinion is encouraged, rather than discouraged.

I disagree Ryan

BOTH forums have a place, and both forums should be supported.

The fact that one is far more highly moderated than the other is just the way it is.

It's a bit like the bullsh*t that sometimes comes up here that unless you are a member you are not a TRUE supporter.

I am pround of the fact that I am a member, proud to wear my cap, proud to pomote my membership number BUT that does not mean that Dan (using an example) who may not be a member is anything less of a "true" supporter than me.

So IMO both forums have a place, and I actually agree with Dan, I think it's the NRL who are pulling the strings as after all it's really their site with a Manly badge on the front!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I disagree Ryan

BOTH forums have a place, and both forums should be supported.

The fact that one is far more highly moderated than the other is just the way it is.

It's a bit like the bullsh*t that sometimes comes up here that unless you are a member you are not a TRUE supporter.

I am pround of the fact that I am a member, proud to wear my cap, proud to pomote my membership number BUT that does not mean that Dan (using an example) who may not be a member is anything less of a \"true\" supporter than me.

So IMO both forums have a place, and I actually agree with Dan, I think it's the NRL who are pulling the strings as after all it's really their site with a Manly badge on the front!!

I still stand by my ethos that if you can afford a membership, post here, go to games and all that - you should be a member - or you are a bum...I'm sorry - that may be narrow minded, but these blokes entertain us year in, year out, busting their bodies, and we should placate that with coin ( opinion only).

Now, I wouls summise that the bannings are ok and up to the NRL. Why then, is a post allowed on the site from an ex-employee, about another ex-employee, including the following:-

"is just a bitter ex-employee who is talking up himself like he wins the games."
"Goldman had his chance to go out with his head held high, now he looks like a fool."
"You know why you were boned get over it Derek!"

Now to me, that is more derogatory than suggesting Bailey is playing horrible.

BUT, as is the norm, it comes down to opinion, and interpretation, which leads to discrimination, especially when pre-conceived ideas about people are prevalent.

That's the issue here. As seen above, Peter Peters decided WAMF and I should go for example, yet poor old Goldman is open slather (I just hope his family doesn't read the forums - probably not as they have been locked out !

But you get what I mean.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=183397.msg263664#msg263664 date=1274931002]

I still stand by my ethos that if you can afford a membership, post here, go to games and all that - you should be a member - or you are a bum...
[/quote]

you are an idiot

Jethro link said:
I can see Codeman getting the boot next for continuing to question Admin about what the banned posters have been asking.

I was right.  He's been banned.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8