MWTS Annoucement

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can tell you it's a funny (not as in comedy) experience....sitting at my desk now, and about to go out for a "long lunch" I know that all tomorrow holds is, coming to work, another few financial transactions, then clean up the office space, then another lunch and about 3.00pm I go home never to have to work another day.

A "very" strange experience......I have been working for 42 years, 35 of which running my own business (or at least my share of it) so it will be entirely strange to wake up on Monday and say " holy **** I don't have to go to work"

Most of you on here have years to go to get to that point, but do remember this when it comes along.

By the way yes ALL my comments now will be as a supporter BUT I am not letting the MWTS go just yet, I haven't spent 8 years getting it to this point to let it fail so in some way "I'll be back"

You seem to be echoing a similar feeling that players have at their last game.

Once the final siren goes they are now an ex-player. The final lap walked, the final cheers fading.

The next time you are in the sheds, it's not quite the same.

The players may smile, say g'day, shake your hand but eventually they have to get ready for kick off. The mantle is now theirs.

You move to one side...with your memories, screaming to them even if only inside your head "Hey, I was once like you! I was sitting where you were, I know what you're going through!"

But alas...It is they who are the current warriors, you're now an ex combatant even if, albeit a respected one until the annuls of time speed by.

We were young once.....

....once

Mark from Brisbane said:
I can tell you it's a funny (not as in comedy) experience....sitting at my desk now, and about to go out for a "long lunch" I know that all tomorrow holds is, coming to work, another few financial transactions, then clean up the office space, then another lunch and about 3.00pm I go home never to have to work another day.

A "very" strange experience......I have been working for 42 years, 35 of which running my own business (or at least my share of it) so it will be entirely strange to wake up on Monday and say " holy s**t I don't have to go to work"

Most of you on here have years to go to get to that point, but do remember this when it comes along.

By the way yes ALL my comments now will be as a supporter BUT I am not letting the MWTS go just yet, I haven't spent 8 years getting it to this point to let it fail so in some way "I'll be back"

Hey Mark I can understand how you feel.When I first retired, 8 years ago I felt the same way.For a while I felt a bit lost too but after a while you get used to not going to work and not having to worry about things related to work(like traffic jams etc).Now I wouldn't have it any other way.
So go and enjoy the last 2 days of your working life and then go and enjoy your retirement doing all the things you always wanted to do when you retire.Looking forward to reading about all your adventures.

CAMBO said:
globaleagle said:
AROOGA AROOGA!

MARK'S LAST WORK DAY!

MARK'S LAST WORK DAAAAAY!

Quick lets all ring up and prank him lol

lol, that's a great idea!

Knowing mark (and Brisbane) he'd be at the brekky creek hotel by now!

From the Office of Admiral Ngambo
Royal Nigerian Navy

Dear Mr Tramby,
I am Admiral Ngambo, chief of Defence Forces of the Nigerian homeland. Your tour reputation and trustiness comes highly praised. We wish you many good tidings as your name has been put forward to host a wine tour of select Adelaide Hills and Barossa vineyards.

We will transfer the sum of USD $26,000,000 from our ex-President's treasury in good faith and offer you the opportunity to lead us through the Henschke and Penfold wineries. On conclusion of our transaction you will receive 30% of all wines selected by my esteemed colleagues and a V12 Range Rover with leather and GPS.

Anticipating to hear from you soon.
Thanks and God Bless.
Best regards.
Admiral Ngambo

globaleagle said:
You seem to be echoing a similar feeling that players have at their last game.

Once the final siren goes they are now an ex-player. The final lap walked, the final cheers fading.

The next time you are in the sheds, it's not quite the same.

The players may smile, say g'day, shake your hand but eventually they have to get ready for kick off. The mantle is now theirs.

You move to one side...with your memories, screaming to them even if only inside your head "Hey, I was once like you! I was sitting where you were, I know what you're going through!"

But alas...It is they who are the current warriors, you're now an ex combatant even if, albeit a respected one until the annuls of time speed by.

We were young once.....

....once

Brought a tear to the eye GE... Once were players... Still the old boys days are fun ;)

Thanks Mals,

Sometimes I think my poetic genius is wasted on the many plebs on this forum.

Sometimes..

:):angel:

Hi Mark, I want to thank you again for introducing me to this wonderful group, the MWTS. These past three years I have met some of the best people, most of who are like family. I am looking forward to the round 26 celebrations with you and many more trips away. Wishing you and Rosemary all the best on your retirement. I will be forever grateful to you for my Manly family, and can't forget Choc. Cheers.

Still hearing ads for Ambassador Travel on the radio Mark. They still air them on the Big Sports Breakfast.

Yep my Business Partner is still working, it was just me that decided to pull the pin.

We divied up the funds and his now remains, still working (and older than me so go figure!!

By the way IF we happen to go overseas again I might "come back" (for a one off event)....if so I'd use the old office as a base.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Yep my Business Partner is still working, it was just me that decided to pull the pin.

We divied up the funds and his now remains, still working (and older than me so go figure!!

By the way IF we happen to go overseas again I might "come back" (for a one off event)....if so I'd use the old office as a base.
What goes on tour, stays on tour.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7