Nate Myles - Is there hope?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My opinion..as if you give a rats.
Rate him over the length of his contract - 3 years.
Most expected an SOO prop to give them "X".
Last year he gave us "Why?"

I've always been an advocate of what they bring off the field too, look at Brent Kite. The first year or two he was condemned as not much but the rest is history.
Yes, Nate's best is behind him but he hasn't been picked for QLD because he's a bum, he doesn't get to where he is because he goes through the motions ( and no I'm not talking hotel corridors! )
Did Lussick just improve out of sight because he left Parra?
Did Jake just come on as a leader like that?
Did AFB look reasonably solid from game 1?
Did BJ fight back from the scrapheap without an old head to test himself?

It may be a coincidence but maybe not.
He may be the BK factor that isn't realised for a few years but he may not.

I'm sure Nate's got an ego too, all footballers have to, he knows what's expected and why he was signed.
I'm prepared to cop the flak in two years ( or next ) if he is a waste of space but let's see how he aims up.

Yes, there's a lot of may/maybe's in there but shoot me if you feel it's warranted.

PS - It seems that a lot on here only remember Snake, Choc, etc for the here and now but look at our record over ther time.

Last edited:
It think Nates biggest problem was expectations of Manly fans

His last few years at the Titans he was a 100m, 40 tackle prop
With us he was a 80m, 35 tackle prop
So he was a bit off the pace but it seems most here were expecting a a 140m, 40 tackle, 2 tackle bust, 2 offload and 1 try assist prop.......more fool those people

Did he underperform last year, yes......was the reaction hysterical and overblown, yes

Defense was always his strong point and that was the case last year.

With Lussick rushing out of the line for the big hits and missing fairly often you need Myles and Jake types to balance this and clean up the scraps.

Hopefully his knee is better and we get back to the 100m in attack but he will never be the AFB/Lussick type in attack but will make more tackles than both together.

With his um... physical atributes, he might want to think about changing his running style, making it more like Richie Fa'aoso

Last year was about injuries, a whole new bunch of players, a new coach learning his trade. They all tried their best including Myles, but there were too many factors against them. I'm pleased that they picked themselves up mid season at least for a while and avoided the spoon which looked very likely at one stage. By the end of the year, though they were still losing, I think they were melding better and showing a little more combination.

They'll be much better in '17. One thing that impressed me in the 9s was the structure, holding the line (most of the time). No team got on top of them and they came close to beating both Parra and Penrith. And that without several of their stars. I think Barrett has learned a lot from last years experience and I suspect we'll see a significant improvement overall. Myles will certainly be given more bouquets this year.

As the saying goes 'happy wife, happy life'. Sounds like his family life will be more settled now and with his injuries sorted, he will play to his full potential for us this year, not just for Origin. Here's hoping anyway.

Defense was always his strong point and that was the case last year.

With Lussick rushing out of the line for the big hits and missing fairly often you need Myles and Jake types to balance this and clean up the scraps.

Hopefully his knee is better and we get back to the 100m in attack but he will never be the AFB/Lussick type in attack but will make more tackles than both together.
Agree. I don't need to see 140m from him in attack, I'd like to see players run off his hip and him dish it out more. He can offload and if he can take it up 5 or so metres and draw in the defence, then have runners either side - he could prove quite effective in attack.

In 'Blindside' in today's Manly Daily:

"Sea Eagles prop Nate Myles is desperate to show his quality this season. He is the first to admit 2016 didn't go according to plan in the maroon and white. 'Blindside' spies have revealed he is training the house down at Narrabeen to prove his worth to coach Trent Barrett."

We live in hope....:nod:

We don't need big numbers from him. Success for Myles this year will be:

1. Big aggressive 1:1 hits in defense - make them hurt. Complement Jake's superb technique

2. Minimal errors in attack or defence

3. Ruck control - slow theirs and speed ours up

4. 19+ games - injuries are cruel, but most won't accept one as an excuse :|

I don't care if he's "only" making 100m and 25 tackles a game. If he can impose himself and stay durable it will be a good season.

We don't need big numbers from him. Success for Myles this year will be:

1. Big aggressive 1:1 hits in defense - make them hurt. Complement Jake's superb technique

2. Minimal errors in attack or defence

3. Ruck control - slow theirs and speed ours up

4. 19+ games - injuries are cruel, but most won't accept one as an excuse :|

I don't care if he's "only" making 100m and 25 tackles a game. If he can impose himself and stay durable it will be a good season.

Well he only made 80m and 30 tackles a game last year so not much change required and yes its more games that is more critical

I seem him as a defensive prop to allow Lussick, Kapow and AFB to take the attack to them

Well he only made 80m and 30 tackles a game last year so not much change required and yes its more games that is more critical

I seem him as a defensive prop to allow Lussick, Kapow and AFB to take the attack to them

The change required is points one through four.
Lots to be done

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8