New CEO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I have met Tony a nice guy and he will be a good operator. I wish him well. Kingy would have been a good option however from memory wasn’t there a falling out when his mum got moved on from some role she had at the club.

Funny that, when I suggested either Tooves or Kingy I got shot down in a hail of bullets by a few so called experts here, lucky I have thick skin to keyboard warriors.

CFO Paul Murray leaving
Same. I believe we were both shot down by the same self-appointed expert.
But you spend enough time on ST and you become zombified by the bullets.
Water off a ducks back and all that.

*actually I might send this to Tony. Just to give him a heads up that the front office is similar.

I have met Tony a nice guy and he will be a good operator. I wish him well. Kingy would have been a good option however from memory wasn’t there a falling out when his mum got moved on from some role she had at the club.
Came a cropper of either the Penn faemmle or the Fulton faemmle.*

*For those wondering, from a 2019 online piece:

“Pronounced "LEMM-lee." As in, "Carl Laemmle has a very large faemmle." That was the popular quip about Carl Laemmle Sr., founder of Universal Pictures — the oldest of the classic Hollywood studios, which started 107 years ago in Fort Lee and is still going strong today. Laemmle was famous for employing relatives.”

Last edited:
I hope he's got some nous with the state and federal governments, as well as many corporate contacts. I hate, hate, HATE these ex footy players assignments. Smells like another job for "the boys". His first order of business I hope is to find Des some modern day support and/or sack the old fossil.

While I wish Mestrov well, I am gonna sound like a party pooper. Another CEO from an organisation that gets most of it's revenue from gambling? I am a little weary of the encroachment of gambling in sport in general and the NRL in particular. V'Landys from racing, Mestrov from Greyhounds. Sportsbet, Pointsbet, Centrebet and so on. A bit of a punt is one thing, but I think gambling is ruining the game. I hope he does well though. I would wish him luck, but that sounds like gambling!
You’re spot on. The bunker exists because the pressure to get every decision right due to the billions of dollars at steak. Shocking.

I hope he's got some nous with the state and federal governments, as well as many corporate contacts. I hate, hate, HATE these ex footy players assignments. Smells like another job for "the boys". His first order of business I hope is to find Des some modern day support and/or sack the old fossil.
He’ll be a really solid appointment mate. He’s essentially turned Greyhound racing in NSW from a sport that had no future (literally), to one that now has some of the largest prize money events in the world for the sport.

Also clearly has contacts with state government given the $25m that was thrown their way last year for infrastructure upgrades across the state.

He’s also grown it significantly commercially. Definitely wouldn’t class him as a jobs for the boys appointment (which can happen). He has plenty of legitimacy behind him.

"as we look at expanding our footprint both here and overseas."
We can't even get a junior base going between the beaches and Gosford, but sure, let's aim at New York.
Such a good point. After 20 years operating without the Bears we should own the area from Palm Beach to Hornsby.

For example with the current trend of GPS School boy players coming to the NRL we should have links with Shore, Riverview and also non GPS schools like Knox (where Scott Penn went to school), St Augustines etc and have a system covering the whole north shore by now.

Such a good point. After 20 years operating without the Bears we should own the area from Palm Beach to Hornsby.

For example with the current trend of GPS School boy players coming to the NRL we should have links with Shore, Riverview and also non GPS schools like Knox (where Scott Penn went to school), St Augustines etc and have a system covering the whole north shore by now.
I posted this elsewhere:

From the Penn press release re:Tony Mestrov’s appointment as CEO:

“As a past Manly player and long term Northern Beaches resident, Tony deeply understands the unique DNA of the Sea Eagles and our local community.”

Last time I checked, the Penns don’t live on the NB and possibly never have. So WTF are they doing ‘owning’ our club?;)

Is this an inadvertent admission that Yoghurt Features, his mum and dad, plus Pt Piper’s Gary ‘Wolfman’ Wolman, do not ‘deeply understand’ the DNA of the SEs and the local community?

Agree with the sentiments there @globaleagle

Congrats on the new position Tony. You've been wanting it (it appears) for quite some time, and it also appears your hard work in the greyhound industry and other associations have paid off.

Got a big job ahead of you, turning around the fortunes of this club both on and off the field. I hope it hasn't been left in too much of a mess for you.

He’ll be a really solid appointment mate. He’s essentially turned Greyhound racing in NSW from a sport that had no future (literally), to one that now has some of the largest prize money events in the world for the sport.

Also clearly has contacts with state government given the $25m that was thrown their way last year for infrastructure upgrades across the state.

He’s also grown it significantly commercially. Definitely wouldn’t class him as a jobs for the boys appointment (which can happen). He has plenty of legitimacy behind him.
Tony is very astute addition to our Great club

An organisation greatest asset is the great people that it invests in

Agree with the sentiments there @globaleagle

Congrats on the new position Tony. You've been wanting it (it appears) for quite some time, and it also appears your hard work in the greyhound industry and other associations have paid off.

Got a big job ahead of you, turning around the fortunes of this club both on and off the field. I hope it hasn't been left in too much of a mess for you.
I agree Ryan. As long as they let him do his job without them looking over his shoulders

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12