New CEO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I’d be happy with an email to members saying “ I’ve got a **** load of work to do and it ain’t going to be easy so have patience “

That would be a good start
I'd be happy enough to get a member's email but I never have in the entire time I've been a member, bar the renewal stuff.

How hard can it be ?

About 80% of total revenue is given to you by the NRL.

The NRL do all the marketing and advertising of games.

Sub contractor agencies handle ticket sales.

Concession licences handle the pies and sausage rolls.

The council do all ground maintenance ..

What does a CEO do ... sponsors, yeah ok. ... public relations and spin doctoring ok, play solitaire all day ok.
This has to be a troll

NRL 2022: Tony Mestrov, new Manly Sea Eagles CEO, outlines his vision for the club​

Bulldog Ritchie:

Incoming Sea Eagles chief executive Tony Mestrov knows the DNA of Manly having played for the club in the early 1990s but his biggest advantage could be his powerful list of contacts.

This is the man stepping into Manly’s hot seat – and he’s pumped for the challenge.
Former Manly prop Tony Mestrov has spoken for the first time about his new role as Sea Eagles chief executive, admitting he had “no problem” with the club’s excessive turnover of CEO’s while promising a “one-in, all-in” approach at Brookvale.

Mestrov, 52, will formally become Manly’s top administrator on August 1, having completed five years as CEO of Greyhounds NSW, while previously being Gold Coast Titans chief operating officer and Hockey NSW’s CEO.

He replaced Stephen Humphreys, who stepped down in April, and has become the club’s 14th CEO since 2000.
Asked whether he had concerns about the club’s constant rotation of CEO’s, Mestrov said: “None. I’m serious. I had no problem with it. I knew about it.
Tony Mestrov will begin his role as Manly’s new chief executive on August 1. Picture: NCA Newswire/Gaye Gerard

Tony Mestrov will begin his role as Manly’s new chief executive on August 1. Picture: NCA Newswire/Gaye Gerard

“I had a discussion with Scott (Penn, club chairman) and I did pose some questions and was really happy with the answers I got.
“I’ve got no reservations. I know what is required at the club, put it that way.
“We all know what has happened in the past at Manly. I understand the culture and success but I also understand where the club has been over the last 10 years from a CEO point of view.
“Whatever has happened in the past is in the past, mate. It’s all about the future.
“The board is settled and they want success. In our discussions, the board, the process, it couldn’t have been better. We were all on the same page.

“Part of the early discussions about coming here was that I understand the culture and I understand the DNA. We will have honest conversations and I will back people.
“I also understand the people and there are some big personalities (at the club) but I understand them and I think that’s really important. That passion is important.
“As much as I’m proud to be CEO at the Sea Eagles, I understand the work required. I’m not emotional about it. I’ve got a job to do, particularly from the business and commercial side.”
Mestrov comes with a stellar reputation as administrator and powerbroker.

He has built and nurtured a vast array of heavy-hitting contacts throughout the Government and corporate world and is expected to make an immediate impact at Manly.

Penn said Mestrov was “firmly in the picture for the Sea Eagles CEO position five years ago prior to him accepting the Greyhounds role and we will now be the beneficiaries from his experience there”.
A tenacious and fearless front-rower, Mestrov played 17 games for Manly between 1990 and 1992. He lives on Sydney’s northern beaches and attended St Augustine’s College, located across the road from 4 Pines Park.

“The first thing is to create a team environment among staff, football staff and players – we are all in this together. I think that’s really important,” he said.
“I want everyone all-in, everyone is in to get success and if we don’t do that, we’re not going to be successful. My first job will be a team culture for everyone and stability in leadership.

Tony Mestrov played 17 games for Manly between 1990 and 1992.

“I say to Manly fans that the club has a bright future. We’ve just seen the Centre of Excellence open (at Brookvale). We are talking about an upgrade to the ground and with our football team, we have a platform for the future. And it’s only going to get better.”
And the much-needed and promised redevelopment of 4 Pines Park is a priority for Mestrov.
“When I get my feet under the desk, it is widely known that I’ve got strong Government contacts,” he said. “I have worked with the Government for the last five years and that’s something the owners and board want to pursue and I will be pursuing that.

“Everyone knows 4 Pines Park needs to be developed from a fan base — along with a sponsorship and commercial point of view — and the football team. We need that to happen and I will be using my contacts and the contacts that globaleagle has to assist the NRL in making it happen.”
Manly finished top four last year but have struggled for consistency this season, particularly after the season-ending shoulder injury to star fullback, Tom Trbojevic.
“We have a fantastic platform for the future,” Mestrov said. “We have a great coach here in Des Hasler and I want to support Des as much as I can. He is a Manly legend.
“It’s important everyone is working in the one direction.
“We’ve got some young kids (coming through) and a great team. It’s just about giving support around that structure to make it even better.
“I want to thank Scott Penn and the board. We were exactly on the same page in every thought, and that was part of the reason I did take the job. That was really important.

Tony Mestrov is looking forward to working with Manly chairman Scott Penn and coach Des Hasler. Picture: Mark Evans/Getty Images

Tony Mestrov is looking forward to working with Manly chairman Scott Penn and coach Des Hasler. Picture: Mark Evans/Getty Images

“And the big thing that Scott and the board spoke about – we have a great platform for the future, we really have.
“I’ve been overwhelmed by the feedback. All the fans have been positive. We just want to keep moving forward and ask every day: ‘How can we be better?’ That’s what it’s about.”

Penn this week spoke glowingly of Mestrov.
“Tony is one of the strongest sports administrators in the country having been the CEO of Greyhounds NSW for the past five years,’’ Penn said.
“One of his hugely successful projects at Greyhounds NSW was the establishment of the Million Dollar Chase. It is this type of innovation that will benefit both the Sea Eagles and the broader game of rugby league as we look at expanding our footprint both here and overseas.

“As a past Manly player and long-term northern beaches resident, Tony deeply understands the unique DNA of the Sea Eagles and our local community.
“Being an experienced sports administrator, he also understands what is required to manage multiple stakeholders in a highly scrutinised environment.”

Here's another new CEO article in Northern Beaches Review published on Wednesday by Adam Lucius' "Inside Back" for those interested:

"Challenging league CEO role a good fit
Tony Mestrov played the toughest position in rugby league so he won't be backing down from any fight as he prepares to take on one of the most challenging roles in rugby league. The former Manly, Souths, Wigan and London Broncos front-rower will officially be appointed the Sea Eagles' new CEO in coming days, taking on a job that has claimed 13 in 22 years.
A born-and-bred Northern Beaches boy who went to school across the road from Brookie Oval and realised his dream of playing for Manly in the 1990s, Mestrov was headhunted by Sea Eagles owner Scott Penn after successfully leading Greyhound Racing NSW and Hockey NSW over the past decade.
The 52 year old implemented root and branch change in hockey, upsetting some rusted-on officials but significantly improving the sport's governance before turning his attention to the under-fire world of greyhound racing. The dishlickers had only just survived execution from the NSW state government following damning reports into the treatment of dogs, but Mestrov revitalised the sport with big money races and won praise for improving animal welfare through a range of programs.
"Inside Back" spoke to Mestrov last weekend and he declined to go on the record out of respect for his current employer.
But lifelong friend, leading broadcaster and former head of sport at Network 10, Matt White, believes Manly have struck gold with his old mate. "Those who got to see Tony's rugby league career know what he was like as a footballer, but a lot of people haven't seen the administrator side of him," White told us. "I can tell you he is without doubt one of the best administrators in the country. I have dealt with him at the highest level and at boardroom level and he is in the top echelon. What he brings to this role is not just history of the club and a history of the game, but a degree of old school values mixed with a new-age administrative style."
Mestrov is unperturbed at the long list of CEOs to have gone before him but is well aware of the big personalities - not to mention agendas - he will be dealing with at the Sea Eagles. They'll be left in no doubt where they all stand once "Messie" get his feet under the table in August."

Last edited:
"Those who got to see Tony's rugby league career know what he was like as a footballer, but a lot of people haven't seen the administrator side of him," White told us. "I can tell you he is without doubt one of the best administrators in the country. I have dealt with him at the highest level and at boardroom level and he is in the top echelon.

(nothing to see here)

Either way, it sounds like Tony is the real deal and I'm looking forward to Manly's progress under his charge.

(checks spelling)

:)

Sheesh GE :oops: Having typed it word for word, I was bound to make a typo. It's fixed now :)

Ah poop on a stick!

Sorry

I thought you would've just copied and pasted it! Sheesh, who does that much for the great unwashed on this forum?!?!?!?

@:blush:@:blush:@:blush:

edit:

wait a mo...

"A" Linda

"A" Lucius

You're not Adam Lucius are you?

Last edited:
Hey @lsz ... must be a real important job if it can be left vacant for 3 months ..

The local cafe goes busted if the barista is 10 mins late.

NRL 2022: Tony Mestrov, new Manly Sea Eagles CEO, outlines his vision for the club​

Bulldog Ritchie:

Incoming Sea Eagles chief executive Tony Mestrov knows the DNA of Manly having played for the club in the early 1990s but his biggest advantage could be his powerful list of contacts.

This is the man stepping into Manly’s hot seat – and he’s pumped for the challenge.
Former Manly prop Tony Mestrov has spoken for the first time about his new role as Sea Eagles chief executive, admitting he had “no problem” with the club’s excessive turnover of CEO’s while promising a “one-in, all-in” approach at Brookvale.

Mestrov, 52, will formally become Manly’s top administrator on August 1, having completed five years as CEO of Greyhounds NSW, while previously being Gold Coast Titans chief operating officer and Hockey NSW’s CEO.

He replaced Stephen Humphreys, who stepped down in April, and has become the club’s 14th CEO since 2000.
Asked whether he had concerns about the club’s constant rotation of CEO’s, Mestrov said: “None. I’m serious. I had no problem with it. I knew about it.

“I had a discussion with Scott (Penn, club chairman) and I did pose some questions and was really happy with the answers I got.
“I’ve got no reservations. I know what is required at the club, put it that way.
“We all know what has happened in the past at Manly. I understand the culture and success but I also understand where the club has been over the last 10 years from a CEO point of view.
“Whatever has happened in the past is in the past, mate. It’s all about the future.
“The board is settled and they want success. In our discussions, the board, the process, it couldn’t have been better. We were all on the same page.

“Part of the early discussions about coming here was that I understand the culture and I understand the DNA. We will have honest conversations and I will back people.
“I also understand the people and there are some big personalities (at the club) but I understand them and I think that’s really important. That passion is important.
“As much as I’m proud to be CEO at the Sea Eagles, I understand the work required. I’m not emotional about it. I’ve got a job to do, particularly from the business and commercial side.”
Mestrov comes with a stellar reputation as administrator and powerbroker.

He has built and nurtured a vast array of heavy-hitting contacts throughout the Government and corporate world and is expected to make an immediate impact at Manly.

Penn said Mestrov was “firmly in the picture for the Sea Eagles CEO position five years ago prior to him accepting the Greyhounds role and we will now be the beneficiaries from his experience there”.
A tenacious and fearless front-rower, Mestrov played 17 games for Manly between 1990 and 1992. He lives on Sydney’s northern beaches and attended St Augustine’s College, located across the road from 4 Pines Park.

“The first thing is to create a team environment among staff, football staff and players – we are all in this together. I think that’s really important,” he said.
“I want everyone all-in, everyone is in to get success and if we don’t do that, we’re not going to be successful. My first job will be a team culture for everyone and stability in leadership.

“I say to Manly fans that the club has a bright future. We’ve just seen the Centre of Excellence open (at Brookvale). We are talking about an upgrade to the ground and with our football team, we have a platform for the future. And it’s only going to get better.”
And the much-needed and promised redevelopment of 4 Pines Park is a priority for Mestrov.
“When I get my feet under the desk, it is widely known that I’ve got strong Government contacts,” he said. “I have worked with the Government for the last five years and that’s something the owners and board want to pursue and I will be pursuing that.

“Everyone knows 4 Pines Park needs to be developed from a fan base — along with a sponsorship and commercial point of view — and the football team. We need that to happen and I will be using my contacts and the contacts that globaleagle has to assist the NRL in making it happen.”
Manly finished top four last year but have struggled for consistency this season, particularly after the season-ending shoulder injury to star fullback, Tom Trbojevic.
“We have a fantastic platform for the future,” Mestrov said. “We have a great coach here in Des Hasler and I want to support Des as much as I can. He is a Manly legend.
“It’s important everyone is working in the one direction.
“We’ve got some young kids (coming through) and a great team. It’s just about giving support around that structure to make it even better.
“I want to thank Scott Penn and the board. We were exactly on the same page in every thought, and that was part of the reason I did take the job. That was really important.

“And the big thing that Scott and the board spoke about – we have a great platform for the future, we really have.
“I’ve been overwhelmed by the feedback. All the fans have been positive. We just want to keep moving forward and ask every day: ‘How can we be better?’ That’s what it’s about.”

Penn this week spoke glowingly of Mestrov.
“Tony is one of the strongest sports administrators in the country having been the CEO of Greyhounds NSW for the past five years,’’ Penn said.
“One of his hugely successful projects at Greyhounds NSW was the establishment of the Million Dollar Chase. It is this type of innovation that will benefit both the Sea Eagles and the broader game of rugby league as we look at expanding our footprint both here and overseas.

“As a past Manly player and long-term northern beaches resident, Tony deeply understands the unique DNA of the Sea Eagles and our local community.
“Being an experienced sports administrator, he also understands what is required to manage multiple stakeholders in a highly scrutinised environment.”
a whole lot of words here but almost nothing actually said

Hey @lsz ... must be a real important job if it can be left vacant for 3 months ..

The local cafe goes busted if the barista is 10 mins late.
Honestly

If you think the incompetent way our club runs things as an indication of how important a role is then there is really nothing I could add here

Here's another new CEO article in Northern Beaches Review published on Wednesday by Adam Lucius' "Inside Back" for those interested:

"Challenging league CEO role a good fit
Tony Mestrov played the toughest position in rugby league so he won't be backing down from any fight as he prepares to take on one of the most challenging roles in rugby league. The former Manly, Souths, Wigan and London Broncos front-rower will officially be appointed the Sea Eagles' new CEO in coming days, taking on a job that has claimed 13 in 22 years.
A born-and-bred Northern Beaches boy who went to school across the road from Brookie Oval and realised his dream of playing for Manly in the 1990s, Mestrov was headhunted by Sea Eagles owner Scott Penn after successfully leading Greyhound Racing NSW and Hockey NSW over the past decade.
The 52 year old implemented root and branch change in hockey, upsetting some rusted-on officials but significantly improving the sport's governance before turning his attention to the under-fire world of greyhound racing. The dishlickers had only just survived execution from the NSW state government following damning reports into the treatment of dogs, but Mestrov revitalised the sport with big money races and won praise for improving animal welfare through a range of programs.
"Inside Back" spoke to Mestrov last weekend and he declined to go on the record out of respect for his current employer.
But lifelong friend, leading broadcaster and former head of sport at Network 10, Matt White, believes Manly have struck gold with his old mate. "Those who got to see Tony's rugby league career know what he was like as a footballer, but a lot of people haven't seen the administrator side of him," White told us. "I can tell you he is without doubt one of the best administrators in the country. I have dealt with him at the highest level and at boardroom level and he is in the top echelon. What he brings to this role is not just history of the club and a history of the game, but a degree of old school values mixed with a new-age administrative style."
Mestrov is unperturbed at the long list of CEOs to have gone before him but is well aware of the big personalities - not to mention agendas - he will be dealing with at the Sea Eagles. They'll be left in no doubt where they all stand once "Messie" get his feet under the table in August."
Well that’s the kiss of death!!

Just sayin’

Meanwhile this doesn't get a mention

My hopes for Mr Mestrov are that he gets rid of the Blacktown experiment, casts our net wider for our real local junior area, treats members as Gods and Goddesses, makes a bucket load of money and makes the club so bloody attractive that everyone with talent wants to come here and contribute to our myriad of upcoming premierships.
Oh, just the one more thing, make Tommy bullet proof.

Ah poop on a stick!

Sorry

I thought you would've just copied and pasted it! Sheesh, who does that much for the great unwashed on this forum?!?!?!?

@:blush:@:blush:@:blush:

edit:

wait a mo...

"A" Linda

"A" Lucius

You're not Adam Lucius are you?
Lol no way! "A" is for Angel, as in back in the days of Eagles Angels.

Yeah I do it for any Silvertails interested who wouldn't otherwise see it and, as a former typist it's good practice..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11