New Jerseys etc

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
PRICES I'D LIKE TO SEE......

And are more reasonable...

And the club would probably get more $$$$ overall....

ZTYX5.jpg

eagles2win said:
Some are a disgrace - Broncos(looks like a glorified shirt), Knights (one of them due to the tubing looks like a bra or is that a bro (Seinfeld thing)), Tita

It's not a bra, it's a manssiere!

For the 25th anniversary of the Broncos you'[d think they'd come out with something that resembled there first but no they've unleashed this monstrosity (makes me almost feel sorry for them)

1.jpg

If Manly did ditch the "plastic" jersey, tidied up the sponsorship & lean toward a more retro style jersey, I'm sure other fans/clubs would be envious.

Those prices you list GE are never gonna happen unfortunately, maybe $120 a jersey but not half price. That Bronco's jersey is a shocker!! I hate them with a passion but will feel sorry but then probably start laughing at the first person i see wearing one!! Who would buy one??!!

AshfieldBazza said:
Those prices you list GE are never gonna happen unfortunately, maybe $120 a jersey but not half price. That Bronco's jersey is a shocker!! I hate them with a passion but will feel sorry but then probably start laughing at the first person i see wearing one!! Who would buy one??!!

True that!

But although that would be 'half price' I still believe that they cost about $20 to make (probably closer to 5).

Tis like the caps. Years ago the promotional caps cost $5 to buy and most places sold them for $25.

And yes, that broncos jersey is uuuuuugly!

edit: And what's the deal with the maroon colour running into the white hoops? TELL ME!

globaleagle said:
edit: And what's the deal with the maroon colour running into the white hoops? TELL ME!

@[gobaleagle] - does this happen with the retro Wormald Manly jersey?? Was thinking of buying one :s

Mals said:
globaleagle said:

@[gobaleagle] - does this happen with the retro Wormald Manly jersey?? Was thinking of buying one :s

Nope. I meant the new 'plastic' jerseys. After the first wash the stripes above and below the 'penn health' went a tinge of pink. As did the AAA radiators sleeve logo, the letters of centrebet on the back top of the jersey and the 'allsafe' logo on the back bottom.

Basically everything white on the isc plastic jerseys went a lovely shade of pink.

My retro wormald one remains tough and colour fast!

/end transmission

edit: "gobaleagle" teehee... tis globaleagle, the 'l' is for lucky! *cough*

Answer me this if you will,

Leeds Rhino's jerseys come out of the ISC factory in China and are retailed at GBP35.00 through the Rhino's shop at Headingly (cheaper in the sports stores in town)...so assuming a cuurent exchange rate of say GBP.65 to the AUD lets say $55.00 AUD

Manly Sea Eagles Jersey coming out of the ISC factory (yes the SAME ONE) in China are $160 AUD

HELLOOOOO....someone (and I don't think it's the Sea Eagles) is making a killing...either the NRL are making a whopping amount in royalties charged to ISC (whicb is what I think is the case) or ISC are just saying "lets triple the cost to Australia cause they are well off"

I think it's the NRL, otherwise why woudn't Manly just import them direct from Shenzen ir whereever!!!

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
I think it all has to do with NRL License fees, otherwise you'd see different prices across the board. They are all pretty consistent. Which sucks because ALL NRL licensed articles are a massive rip off. The only time I'll ever buy is off season specials because i couldn't care less if it's dated, i just want a bit of value in my $$, i'm not paying 60-70 for a pair of shorts or a singlet that is covered in commercial logos. even the infants gear is ridiculous. sadly i dont think the clubs get much of a say as im sure they'd prefer the home game crowds all decked out in merchandise like you used to see. not so much anymore.

clubs should be allowed to do at the gate deals to entice people to the games.. home game 1 - ticket and a jersey $100, different offers at different price points you won't get anywhere else.. you'd get a big take up of the offer, your crowd looks great in massive patches of club colours, fans get a jersey for the season etc.. and you get a bit of value for your buck as a punter.

oh that's right the powers that be dont want bums on seats, they want bums on lounges watching their advertising. sorry, ignore me.

Sadly I think you are right, Chan 9 and Foxtel don't want us at games they want us viewing, watching their advertisments and paying to view.

$170 is huge for what you get. I have an emotional attachment to the Sea Eagles so I have paid it in the past but I will only buy them on special or retro ones now days.

especially when you know they'd more than likely cost single figures or very low 10's per unit to produce in the quantity they are (even less the singlets / shorts etc). I know a little about merchandising as i've been in charge of the orders for a few companies merch items and the cost per unit on a lot of items is mega cheap when you are ordering in bulk. so the thousands that'd be produced bring it down even more. i wouldn't mind so much if the club itself was getting the major portion directly, but we all know they aren't, and that stinks. Aren't the gold coast the only club who actually own their trademark and as such wouldnt have to fork out as much to the NRL in licensing fees?
my wardrobe would be all manly gear pretty much if i could afford it, my kids too, but we've been priced out by the NRL's greed. the rate they grow they sure aren't getting the latest jerseys every year or two.

its funny those pepsi retro jerseys up now at the price they are, i reckon when i got mine new back in the day it was half the price of what it is now!

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
clubs should be allowed to do at the gate deals to entice people to the games.. home game 1 - ticket and a jersey $100, different offers at different price points you won't get anywhere else.. you'd get a big take up of the offer, your crowd looks great in massive patches of club colours, fans get a jersey for the season etc.. and you get a bit of value for your buck as a punter.

oh that's right the powers that be dont want bums on seats, they want bums on lounges watching their advertising. sorry, ignore me.

I put a similar proposition to Northern Spirit back in the good old days as I thought their gear was overpriced and as punters we should get some benefits from actually going to the games, especially the kids.
A bit like a rewards card - attend three games and get a cap/scarf etc ( ie $25 worth ) or save up your points for a whole season and get $100 voucher for merchandise at the ground or outlet only.
Not only gets you in the gate but puts their "brand" out there.
Surely sports marketing aint that hard unless of course you're hamstrung by the Governing body. Even the stuff at Lowes are "licensed products"

eagles2win said:
For the 25th anniversary of the Broncos you'[d think they'd come out with something that resembled there first but no they've unleashed this monstrosity (makes me almost feel sorry for them)

1.jpg

The "one bare shoulder" look is so 2007. Remember those weird women's fashions from that period? Qld just caught up. Look for washed out citrus colours and clumpy high heels for the broncs next season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4