New signings to be announced #nextweek

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Lurker ....

A chronic knee injury is threatening to scuttle Trent Hodkinson's move to Manly next season.

The Sea Eagles are desperate for a halves partner for Daly Cherry-Evans after allowing Blake Green to go to the Warriors for next season, and Hodkinson was near the top of their list.

But my Newcastle spies tell me Hodkinson has been struggling at pre-season training with the knee injury, which has plagued him in recent years.

The former NSW State of Origin hero started his career at Manly and would have been a good fit back at the club if fully fit.

With the Knights having a host of halves - and knowing Hodkinson is struggling - they would have been happy to release the veteran back to Manly.

The Sea Eagles are even considering an approach to former bad boy Todd Carney but have had no discussions to this point.

Unless you can come up with some evidence of his health then the 'no injury' claim is pure unfounded head-in-the-sand wishful thinking.
To end the head in the sand wishful thinking ...
Any one that claims there is evidence of Carney chronic injury please post . Other wise have a nice day :)

The Lurker ....

A chronic knee injury is threatening to scuttle Trent Hodkinson's move to Manly next season.

The Sea Eagles are desperate for a halves partner for Daly Cherry-Evans after allowing Blake Green to go to the Warriors for next season, and Hodkinson was near the top of their list.

But my Newcastle spies tell me Hodkinson has been struggling at pre-season training with the knee injury, which has plagued him in recent years.

The former NSW State of Origin hero started his career at Manly and would have been a good fit back at the club if fully fit.

With the Knights having a host of halves - and knowing Hodkinson is struggling - they would have been happy to release the veteran back to Manly.

The Sea Eagles are even considering an approach to former bad boy Todd Carney but have had no discussions to this point.
Yer if Manly get Hodkinson it will be astonishing really . He's busted .

Any one that claims there is evidence of Carney chronic injury please post . Other wise have a nice day :)

No one has mentioned the word chronic except for you. If you’d paid a passing attention over the years you’d know that Carney has spent a fair bit of time on the sidelines. Just google a combination of his name and the word injury and you’ll see a number of articles. You mentioned he has no injury concerns and all I said was that I didn’t think that was true. I beg your indulgence to post comment about this?!

Since his relatively injury free stint at the Roosters, Todd has played 51 games in 3 seasons with Cronulla, 33 games in 2 seasons with Catalans and 17 games in 1 season with Salford. An average of 17 games a season over 6 years or around 66% of matches.

At 31 years of age I’d say buyer beware and go in with your eyes open.

No one has mentioned the word chronic except for you. If you’d paid a passing attention over the years you’d know that Carney has spent a fair bit of time on the sidelines. Just google a combination of his name and the word injury and you’ll see a number of articles. You mentioned he has no injury concerns and all I said was that I didn’t think that was true. I beg your indulgence to post comment about this?!

Since his relatively injury free stint at the Roosters, Todd has played 51 games in 3 seasons with Cronulla, 33 games in 2 seasons with Catalans and 17 games in 1 season with Salford. An average of 17 games a season over 6 years or around 66% of matches.

At 31 years of age I’d say buyer beware and go in with your eyes open.
No chronic injury concerns at age 31 is a good thing .
We are going in with our eyes open . Minimum contract for an experienced half that we don't have .
Overall he is a better player than Green ever was .

Last edited:
No chronic injury concerns at age 31 is a good thing .
We are going in with our eyes open . Minimum contract for an experienced half that we don't have .
Overall he is a better player than Green ever was .
if you can temper a bit of the admiration that causes you to advocate for carney so relentlessly with some of the disdain for kelly that keeps you rabbitting on about him elsewhere, and vice versa, i think we'll all be happier fatuous friend

Carney has a chronic injury - uromysitis poisoning

1. a very serious urinating condition one has no control over 2. constant urge to urinate in ones own mouth 3. Doctors recommend that one just relieve themselves or death is a possibility

if you can temper a bit of the admiration that causes you to advocate for carney so relentlessly with some of the disdain for kelly that keeps you rabbitting on about him elsewhere, and vice versa, i think we'll all be happier fatuous friend
When Kelly proves him self and maybe one day wears the NSW and Australia jumper and wins NRL player of the year then I will have something to praise about feathered friend ;)

Carney has a chronic injury - uromysitis poisoning

1. a very serious urinating condition one has no control over 2. constant urge to urinate in ones own mouth 3. Doctors recommend that one just relieve themselves or death is a possibility
I agree that is one serious condition LOL

So many people complained last year about the players we did sign , Uate Sironen Green. We will be awful, wooden spooners. Last year was going to be the end of the world. Apparently it is this year now though because we havn't signed anyone half as good yet.

We don't need either Hodkinson or Carney. If the rumours of us considering either of these two are true, we need to wipe that option.

Unless, of course, we see zero potential in Wright, Hastings, Cullen or Metcalfe. Then go for gold. But personally, I think there is a viable option in house. I'd give Hastings first crack as he solves our goal kicking issues as well.

For mine, Wright is not a 5/8. Reminds me of Walker in terms of his ability to hurt teams by running a bit wider. Metcalfe I haven't seen much of but he is reportedly very talented. We'll see. Cullen tries to do too much. A bit like Wright actually.

Can we please dump the Dad's Army policy ?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8