New Team for 2016 season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From the Fox sports website...
Manly hookers Jayden Hodges and Matt Ballin are digging in their heels despite being told they can leave the club.
Hodges has played seven NRL games this season, including the Sea Eagles’ round 26 win over Cronulla.
The 21-year-old is under contract until the end of 2016 and says he plans on fronting for pre-season training under Trent Barrett in November.
“I’m contracted here,” Hodges said.
“I’ll let my manager deal with it but who knows. If anything pops up my manager will let me know.”
The Sea Eagles have signed hookers Apisai Koroisau and Matt Parcell for next season.
Veteran rake Matt Ballin re-signed earlier this year before management told him he was not in Barrett’s plan but Ballin maintains he will see out his deal.
“I’m at Manly for the next two years,” Ballin said on Monday.
“I signed at the start of the year and I want to honour that contract.”

Great roster management Bozo & Barrett. We currently have 4 hookers in the first grade squad for next year.

Manly hookers Jayden Hodges and Matt Ballin are digging in their heels despite being told they can leave the club.
Hodges has played seven NRL games this season, including the Sea Eagles’ round 26 win over Cronulla.
The 21-year-old is under contract until the end of 2016 and says he plans on fronting for pre-season training under Trent Barrett in November.
“I’ll let my manager deal with it but who knows. If anything pops up my manager will let me know.”
The Sea Eagles have signed hookers Apisai Koroisau and Matt Parcell for next season.
Veteran rake Matt Ballin re-signed earlier this year before management told him he was not in Barrett’s plan but Ballin maintains he will see out his deal.

Great roster management Bozo & Barrett. We currently have 4 hookers in the first grade squad for next year.

Jayden won't play first grade at Manly again, will just be a reserve for NSW Cup.

We currently do have 4 hookers on our books but I think that this will change in 2016 .

Mostly likely true Mark but he is still on "1st grade squad money".
How is that? He would be on the same money he was originally contracted to. He might have received bonuses each time he played top grade this season but that is unlikely to occur next season.

How is that? He would be on the same money he was originally contracted to. He might have received bonuses each time he played top grade this season but that is unlikely to occur next season.
Correct me if I am wrong but as a top 25 player which Hodges is in 2015 he would be at least on the minimum wage for an NRL player which is around $85K per season.

This is how i see our team shaping up for next season:
1. Stewart
2. Tafua/gutho
3. Hiku
4. Matai
5. Tommy T
6. Lyon
7. DCE
8. Jake T
9. Koroisau
10. Myles
11. Symonds
12. Brown
13. Buhrer

14. Hodges
15. Lussick
16. Lawrence
17. Starling

With lyon at the back end of his career he i think he should drop back to 5/8 to cater for the longevity of our young superstar backline. He still has great ball playing abilities and unbelievable vision, which would greatly benifit DCE as a halves partner.
I think hodges is a good young talent, and despite his uncertain future with the club, for now he is still contracted to the end of next year and i would like to see him given a bit more of a crack, at least for the first few games. Im aware that koro can play the 80 but if utilised correctly i think the pair have the potential to form a dangerous hooking rotation.

This is how i see our team shaping up for next season:
1. Stewart
2. Tafua/gutho
3. Hiku
4. Matai
5. Tommy T
6. Lyon
7. DCE
8. Jake T
9. Koroisau
10. Myles
11. Symonds
12. Brown
13. Buhrer

14. Hodges
15. Lussick
16. Lawrence
17. Starling

With lyon at the back end of his career he i think he should drop back to 5/8 to cater for the longevity of our young superstar backline. He still has great ball playing abilities and unbelievable vision, which would greatly benifit DCE as a halves partner.
I think hodges is a good young talent, and despite his uncertain future with the club, for now he is still contracted to the end of next year and i would like to see him given a bit more of a crack, at least for the first few games. Im aware that koro can play the 80 but if utilised correctly i think the pair have the potential to form a dangerous hooking rotation.

Lyon this year was also showing signs of lost pace. There were times he was struggling to get around his opposite number, why I think its more crucial that he moves to 5/8.

THere is 2 opportunites with Killer at 5/8. Hiku to centre and then Tommy/Gutho into the run on side. Save salary cap to buy a 5/8, rather than grab whoever is left (or see if pearsell is ready for 2017).

Mateo will definitely be in the 11 jersey I would have thought

I was under the impression that mateo was one of the players that were tapped on the shoulder earlier in the year, so im not sure what the club has planned for him. Regardless, Tommy symonds is very under rated, if he can remain injury free for the whole preseason i think he can offer alot more to our back row than mateo, especially for the long-term

Correct me if I am wrong but as a top 25 player which Hodges is in 2015 he would be at least on the minimum wage for an NRL player which is around $85K per season.
Do you think he'd make top 25 next season?

I wouldnt be surprised if Hodges receives an offer from a rival club such as Newcastle or even Melbourne as an understudy to Cam Smith. At age 21 he still could be anything.

I was under the impression that mateo was one of the players that were tapped on the shoulder earlier in the year, so im not sure what the club has planned for him. Regardless, Tommy symonds is very under rated, if he can remain injury free for the whole preseason i think he can offer alot more to our back row than mateo, especially for the long-term
The club back flipped and said he is wanted for 2016. In my opinion a back row of Symonds, Buhrer and Brown is too small.

What's everyone thoughts on Jake T being an 80 minute wide running Back Rower? Partnered with Mateo , Ferris at Lock & Lewis Brown utility on Bench . Or perhaps Lawrence in the back row to give us a bit of extra size?

Last edited:
What's everyone thoughts on Jake T being an 80 minute wide running Back Rower? Partnered with Mateo , Ferris at Lock & Lewis Brown utility on Bench . Or perhaps Lawrence in the back row to give us a bit of extra size?

Lawrence is only a battering ram. Can't pass and has no vision. I think he is great but only at prop

I am still unsure about the no. 6 shirt next year. It's a funny one because Killer has openly admitted he hates playing 5/8th and at his age it would mean he would be seeing his career out in a position he's clearly not happy with when he should be able to enjoy that time if you get me? I think it would be a big sacrifice from him to do that, wouldn't surprise me though if he did do it if he believes it's for the good of the team and it will allow us to blood some of our young guns. At the moment he is our best option and I can't see the club making any moves whatsoever for anybody to fill the jersey externally.

Even if this is the case, he has been susceptible to injury this year, who is our backup in case he does, we have a lot of players 'who can play there' - but no natural replacement. If he gets crocked for big chunks of the year then this may become a big problem for us.

In terms of the backline the way I've thought the club would be going is to have Hiku replace Killer on the right, Gutho to replace Skivvi on the left and Tommy to replace Snake at 1. Would people be happy to see the club go in this direction over the next year or two?

As for the pack, I would really like Tamou or Moa. They would be a massive boost for our pack. That would bring some real fear factor back to our pack. Just takes us up that level doesn't it.

I hope that Gutho is hitting the upper body weights over the pre season, the real strike centres are super strong up top. I think that he will take another season at least, maybe 2 to live up to the potential that most on here have him at.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8