News: Brett Stewart ruled out again (Rnd 5)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: News: Brett Stewart ruled out again

Jatz Crackers said:
Looks like its all good Dan. Thank you.

Anyway, that Jatz bloke had no personality.

Maybe no personality, but geez he was popular. Only four posts and he scored two likes. You on the other hand have 4383 posts and only one like, and some poor souls (not naming names) are totally unliked.

Well that's not good but taking a long term view if he misses the next 2-3 weeks that's better than losing him for 6-8 weeks if he plays and gets injured.

Hoppa will be fine at Fullback and I hope Oldfield starts on the wing in place of T-Rex. They can win this and I can't wait for the game, it should be great.

Hamstring injuries are common after knee surgery/long-term knee injuries. Justin Hodges has been going through the same thing. Brett will be fine he'll just have a few teething issues with his hammies for the next month or so.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
I believe Oldfield will run on. T Rex is coming off the bench to play sec row.

I also think Stewart's injury is worse than stated in the press today. cant see him playing next week.

Des has stated that T-Rex will go to wing outside Matai

ManlyBacker said:
Star Manly fullback Brett Stewart has been ruled out of tomorrow night’s game against the Cronulla Sharks after straining his hamstring.

Read the full article

I'm more concerned about T. Williams on the wing than Stewart out. Prove me wrong T-Rex!

I think your point ryan is fair re Wolfman who has only really had one good season. A bit harsh just yet for Stewart who showed his class over a number of seasons and deserves longer.

have to agree with ryan , i also am over so much salary cap sitting on the side lines for what ever reason , this will never have us in the position to will another flag....

Well what the hell is your plan to fix this issue?
Bad luck is nobodys fault. It has no cause & no solution. We're just along for the ride. Bagging out champion players achieves nothing. All we can do is hope that things fall into place. They have to for one club, it might as well be us.

I know some people like to feel that they're in control or at least that somebody is in control, to appease their little minds but life doesn't work that way. If we get rid of these injury prone players, we have to replace them. The replacements would be just as big a risk. All we'd do is offload some of the most loyal servants this club has ever had.

Duff said:
Bad luck is nobodys fault. It has no cause & no solution. We're just along for the ride. Bagging out champion players achieves nothing. All we can do is hope that things fall into place. They have to for one club, it might as well be us.

I know some people like to feel that they're in control or at least that somebody is in control, to appease their little minds but life doesn't work that way. If we get rid of these injury prone players, we have to replace them. The replacements would be just as big a risk. All we'd do is offload some of the most loyal servants this club has ever had.

I dont consider late head high shots , lifting knees and pissing in the corso bad luck................

c eagle said:
Duff said:

I dont consider late head high shots , lifting knees and pissing in the corso bad luck................

Conveniently choosing the ones you want there.

I'm talking about Brett, Dave Williams, Shane Rodney etc. People claiming that these guys are liabilities. It's bull****.

Anyway, Matai's was bad luck. I still don't think it was suspension-worthy, let alone 11 weeks worth.

It is also not like we are the only team with a decent amount of injuries.

As for tonights game, I tipped the Sharks but we are in with a shot now that Ryan has completely written us off. That might save us.

Duff said:
c eagle said:
Duff said:

Conveniently choosing the ones you want there.

I'm talking about Brett, Dave Williams, Shane Rodney etc. People claiming that these guys are liabilities. It's bull****.

Anyway, Matai's was bad luck. I still don't think it was suspension-worthy, let alone 11 weeks worth.
Im not having a go at you , just pissed off a little with more those sorts of issues........but the injurys do hurt, you got a guy like williams who goes around doin hes stupid plank **** hanging off goal posts and all sorts of ****, getting paid good dollars takin up cap space and yet he carnt manage to be fit enough to take the paddock.............attitude with some players really seems to be a problem in our club.

I'm sorry, but if somebody refers too "winning a flag", it invalidates any opinions !!

Kiwi Eagle said:
I'm sorry, but if somebody refers too "winning a flag", it invalidates any opinions !!

I won a flag once but it was a New Zealand one so I gave it back.

Before you whinge about Wolfman and the plank how many other NRL players have a semi regular radio spot with triple j? Which in turn opens up more sponsors etc etc

Guys it's not only us who have injuries. All the teams have some injuries at the moment and some more than us. It's the nature of the game. They play it hard and that inevitably leads to injuries. If we offload the injured guys then for all we know, the guys we get to replace them (or others in the roster) could also get injured.

I remember Dessie saying in the interview with Fatty recently that it's been a long time (2008 I think it was) since he's been able to put a full strength team on the park.

I'm sure the injured guys will come good and do great things for our club. I would hate them to be playing against us, especially Snake.

Duff, a lot of these injuries seem to occur at training. I find that unsatisfactory. Also, for the umpteenth time, no-one is bagging a player, I am suggesting that something may need to change in the strength and conditioning department - because we tend to have more on the sidelines than other teams, to key players, consistently.

Brett Stewart is a fantastic player, but he's played 4 odd games in 3 years, and continues to sit out. Wolfman has had one decent season, in three, and again, is riding the pine. Rodney is out with a long term injury, and had been injured every single year since being here for long periods. Steve Matai spends WAY too long on the sidelines for various reasons.

Our great depth, and young players standing up (Buhrer, Harrison, Robinson, Hopoate, Oldfield) means that if this is run like a business, with the goal to win the main objective, maybe we can shed some of those pirrenial (not suggesting Brett here), and drive those salary cap funds into another area (i.e. a young forward like Sam Burgess for example, and I know he's playing for Souths). Heck, we may have even re-signed JWH and Lama Tasi.

Duff said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

I won a flag once but it was a New Zealand one so I gave it back.

Too classy for ya mate ?

Ryan said:
Duff, a lot of these injuries seem to occur at training. I find that unsatisfactory. Also, for the umpteenth time, no-one is bagging a player, I am suggesting that something may need to change in the strength and conditioning department - because we tend to have more on the sidelines than other teams, to key players, consistently.

Brett Stewart is a fantastic player, but he's played 4 odd games in 3 years, and continues to sit out. Wolfman has had one decent season, in three, and again, is riding the pine. Rodney is out with a long term injury, and had been injured every single year since being here for long periods. Steve Matai spends WAY too long on the sidelines for various reasons.

Our great depth, and young players standing up (Buhrer, Harrison, Robinson, Hopoate, Oldfield) means that if this is run like a business, with the goal to win the main objective, maybe we can shed some of those pirrenial (not suggesting Brett here), and drive those salary cap funds into another area (i.e. a young forward like Sam Burgess for example, and I know he's playing for Souths). Heck, we may have even re-signed JWH and Lama Tasi.

You would never have had Ben Kennedy at the club then, and would have put a line through Benji Marshall early on as well. These things happen sometimes mate

FFS, I give in....we are fantastic in the injury department, and we have an iron clad team injury wise like Melbourne...

You ****wits are arguing just to disagree with me...

You'll get what you deserve tonight....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4