News: Lowe aims high in membership battle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So true, Isz

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297413310[/time]

Manly should give away Manly ground sheets as part of the membership packages, good for the footy, good for the park bbq.

There wasnt much membership promotion tonight and they evan had a captive audience = kids membership got a plug over the speakers before the game but nothing on the other season ticket packages.  There was membership table outside the ground but no where near the entrance where people were walking in.

We need marketing smarts badly.

At preset there's about 1500 new Kid's m/ships so that still put's us at about 5500 paid members. A great result.

I think this is a terrific idea and is great for the long term future of the club.

My understanding is that new positions have been created in Marketing/Merchandise etc and new staff are being employed so there appears to be a buiness plan in place to improve the running of the club

How about we all chill for a while and let them sort things out

TokyoEagle link said:
So true, Isz

Manly should give away Manly ground sheets as part of the membership packages, good for the footy, good for the park bbq.

Ground sheets?!!!!!!

We need to encourage people to stand on the hill, not have a picnic. You can fit more people in if everyone stands & you can walk arond without getting dirtys for treading on the blankets that cover the enire hill. Groundsheets indeed.

If the club wants to get ahead they should check out what AC milan are doing via facebook places (and soon to be facebook deals)

Some great location based merch / membership offers...15% off for checking in at the ground - which allows you to ID customers and then market to them

All that said i think the club is def heading in the right direction

seaeagles4life link said:
http://www.nrl.com/beaches-clubs-surge-past-2010-figures/tabid/10874/newsid/61315/default.aspx

Manly are up to 7,305 members according to nrl.com and have the highest growth by far of 143%. Is there a prize for the team with the highest growth if i remember correctly from last year?
its not that hard if your giving them away  & then including it in your figures...

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297488403[/time]

the u/9 membership should have atleast been 2 dollars ..  that way they would have picked up 6 grand instead of nothing..

ladder_10022011.jpg

jjai link said:
[quote author=seaeagles4life link=topic=186400.msg315321#msg315321 date=1297483433]

http://www.nrl.com/beaches-clubs-surge-past-2010-figures/tabid/10874/newsid/61315/default.aspx

Manly are up to 7,305 members according to nrl.com and have the highest growth by far of 143%. Is there a prize for the team with the highest growth if i remember correctly from last year?
its not that hard if your giving them away  & then including it in your figures...

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297488403[/time]

the u/9 membership should have atleast been 2 dollars ..  that way they would have picked up 6 grand instead of nothing..
[/quote]

yes $2 for each of the 1500 membership would have given us 6 grand.......

You'll never score a job at the Tele letting facts get in the way of a story like that Fluffy.

The headline should read "Souths connect with the heartland by offering free membersips while across town Manly fudge figures with free memberships."

I hate us. We're such bad people.

Even with the club handing out loads of free memberships to kids, we still finished 3rd out of 3 in the 'battle of the beaches'.

Houston, we have a problem.

true wamf but we have jumped up by thousands and that is impressive, I joined as I realised we need to support club and obviously others too, if we can just get that major sponsor then things will be on the up and up

I have nothing for Lowe but contempt (Usually).

But........Giving free membership to young kids is a great idea.
They don't come to the footy on their own. Hopefully they bring mum & dad,the grand parents & friends etc.

All good.

Duff link said:
[quote author=TokyoEagle link=topic=186400.msg315134#msg315134 date=1297412761]
So true, Isz

Ground sheets?!!!!!!

We need to encourage people to stand on the hill, not have a picnic. You can fit more people in if everyone stands & you can walk arond without getting dirtys for treading on the blankets that cover the enire hill. Groundsheets indeed.
[/quote]

Who said anything about picnics at the footy. Not everyone wants to stand for 2-3 hours on the hill, if they want to sit down at least they won't get a soggy arse with their manly ground sheet.

Actually, was just trying to think of something quite cheap and useful that they could give away with the membership packages.

Maybe plastic ponchos on wet days would be good.  I just hate trying to look through umbrellas

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8