News: Orford the glue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MATT ORFORD has emerged as the key piece of the jigsaw puzzle in Manly's attempts to avoid their grand-final team being ripped apart. Orford has been identified as the Sea Eagles' "priority" re-signing this year, but his decision is likely to have ramifications on the club's attempts to hold on to other members of its squad. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/orford-the-glue.html">Read the full article</a>

give him about $100k, any more than that is a waste.

Saturday night showed an elite halfback running around, and it wasnt in Maroon and white

The lack or organisation and the failure to score points given the weight of position we had in the second half show exactly what kind of value he has and that has to be even less than Brett Finch.

Don't resign him stand him down and give a paraplegic monkey with a double leg amputee ago - I'm certain they'll put on more points and give us better shape.

Orford wasnt to blame for the loss. We blew 2 tries (Lyon and Matai) when we had all the momentum and could have gone a long way towards putting the Cowboys to bed.

didn't say he was Clon, simply that Thurston was head and shoulders above him.

He wasn't our worst.......for a change.

I'm not commenting.  I turned off the game when I realized the guys really didn't want to win this one.  Maybe next week.  Who knows?

Nothing amuses me more than someone saying "I'm not commenting" and then proceeding to do exactly that :)

Glad to amuse you Fro.  But I truly didn't comment on the thread topic.  However, it suddenly came to me after I'd got into bed and cuddled up on Saturday night.  Why should I get upset as a loss when the players don't seem to be.  The same old players doing the same old thing.  Stupid penalties, not backing up, not looking for support, not putting the shoulder in (Matai excluded) and players looking lost.  Same old selections going around.  Maybe the players are content to have their GF medal and will settle for 9th or 10th this season.  Perhaps they think that'll be better than struggling into 5th and then face a humiliating elimination.  So, instead of getting all heated, I'll settle back and enjoy the occasional win.  That is, if the guys want to win some.       

I tend to agree with your "non comment" though, there is not much heart in there at the moment.

I reckon we'll squeak into the 8, but not with any great confidence

Maybe we'll do what the Tigers did after 2005.  Not make the eight in all the following years.  Sad to think that could happen when the squad looked the goods preseason.  The scrumbase pairing is a real issue.

Everyone can see it.  Maybe Hasler will see it round 17.  What do you think of LeStrange playing 80 minutes?

nah, if he was to start it could only be at hooker, and Ballin is one of the few who are going anything like ok.

Lestrange is dynamic at dummy half snipes and reasonable dummy half service, so I can't see him translating to 5/8 or somewhere else where his decisions are different, such as creating space and putting outside backs into the right situations.

Although our current number 6 is only good for letting Thurston run around him.

I like the way LeStrange attempts to link up with supports, and he's unpredictable.  Anyway, last season Lyon used to get Bell to run off his hip straight to the line.  I wonder why this move isn't happening this year with another Lyon partner?  I tend to think David Williams might be good for this.  Bani is to clueless to get it. 

Fro link said:
nah, if he was to start it could only be at hooker, and Ballin is one of the few who are going anything like ok.

Lestrange is dynamic at dummy half snipes and reasonable dummy half service, so I can't see him translating to 5/8 or somewhere else where his decisions are different, such as creating space and putting outside backs into the right situations.

Although our current number 6 is only good for letting Thurston run around him.

and for catching the ball and straightening up....something like a backrower......put him into that rotation I say

Haha, Watmough has been our best for a fortnight, Brett included, and after 1 bad performance the knives are already in

My knife is still sheathed Kiwi.  I just asked the question.  If we're smart and Hasler can instill some confidence in the guys this week, I think we have a good shot at beating the Storm.  They are not the team they were, then again, neither are we.  But if we can contain Smith, Slater and the tall guy we have a shot.  Our forwards just have to stand up. 

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8