News: Penn backs Delmege selling out of Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
swoop i hate the penns..  i dont want to be drawn into this **** i said my piece already .. no delmege no manly  its simple all the rest tagged along after delemege did the hard work..

This article and whole thread is based on belief that the paper actually prints what has been said without prejudice. The whole feud thing has been fuelled by the media and they are not missing the chance to put the slipper in once again.

The rest of this thread is opinion from various posters with 'axes to grind'. My guess is that Penn was quoted selectively!!!

Move on!!

jjai link said:
swoop i hate the penns..  i dont want to be drawn into this s**t i said my piece already .. no delmege no manly  its simple all the rest tagged along after delemege did the hard work..

Mate I don't hate the Penns, they may be great but my issue is more with the people trashing Delmege.

I know we had big issues and drammas last year which damaged the club. But was it all one-sided? I don't think so.

Delmege has found a dignified way of getting out and people should give him credit for saving the club.

Without Delmege in 2002 Manly were dead!

jjai link said:
swoop i hate the penns..  i dont want to be drawn into this **** i said my piece already .. no delmege no manly  its simple all the rest tagged along after delemege did the hard work..
jjai, In the interest of better understanding on my behalf why do you hate the Penns ?
I'm not having a go at you (or anyone for that matter) just curious to know why either of the owners are deserving of such resentment.

Lemmings ? There are also a couple of ostriches getting around this thread.

The behaviour of both parties over the last 2-3 years has been embarrassing for all concerned....actually, pathetic is a better description of their carry on.

swoop link said:
  I don't think Penn went far enough.  Why laud the bloke when he's caused great damage in recent years. 

The ones who laud Delmege know that he was the one that saved the club, there's is no argument about that.

But you fail to acknowledge that it was he that saved us and any argument after that is irrelevant because the club would of been extinct in 2002.
  Garbage.  Penn Sport was the first to raise the spectre of private ownership and also tried to get Crazy Johns involved.  People here have selective memories.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=185968.msg306793#msg306793 date=1290206922]
 I don't think Penn went far enough.  Why laud the bloke when he's caused great damage in recent years.  

The ones who laud Delmege know that he was the one that saved the club, there's is no argument about that.

But you fail to acknowledge that it was he that saved us and any argument after that is irrelevant because the club would of been extinct in 2002.
 Garbage.  Penn Sport was the first to raise the spectre of private ownership and also tried to get Crazy Johns involved.  People here have selective memories.
[/quote]

Tried but failed and what reason did they go for delmege over Penn? Delmege had the cash at the time and bailed us out. I think some have very  selective memories.

I think you have very selective mnemory Mastabelle.+
Max was there no one else was.....go and play with the penns and Unlcle Peter as much as u want ( and I dont mind them having control now) but for **** sake get off the delmege band wagon dick head.......u r so for off the mark this thread is ridiculous now.

But od course u know that Penn would have kept us alive in 2002.....doubt it

Mata doesn't have a selective memory, he has has a party line he has to tow

Used to be post after post rubbishing Zorba from him before he started the Penn love in, now not a peep about old zorb

Frogz link said:
Max was there no one else was.....go and play with the penns and Unlcle Peter as much as u want ( and I dont mind them having control now) but for f**k sake get off the delmege band wagon dick head.......u r so for off the mark this thread is ridiculous now.

Translation please?

Post  automatically merged: [time]1290255425[/time]

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/08/15/1060936060167.html

Schmucks.

When something like this happens, the response of the other party - Penn in this case - demonstrates class or lack of class. Up to people to decide which in this case.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Frogz link=topic=185968.msg306825#msg306825 date=1290240236]
Max was there no one else was.....go and play with the penns and Unlcle Peter as much as u want ( and I dont mind them having control now) but for f**k sake get off the delmege band wagon dick head.......u r so for off the mark this thread is ridiculous now.

Translation please?

Post  automatically merged: [time]1290255425[/time]

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/08/15/1060936060167.html

Schmucks.
[/quote]

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78240

"Having been bailed out of financial trouble by their leagues club two months ago, the Sea Eagles would listen to any proposal that would ensure a necessary injection of funds.

Last year the club completed a deal with property tycoon Max Delmege who is planning to develop the football club office site adjacent to the leagues club.

The deal was meant to ensure the long term survival of the football club."

This is basically the same article but above is the last few paragraphs that show Delmege was in negotiations with the club in 2002 well before the Crazy Johns deal came along in 2003.

Who's the schmuck now?

We all know what happened to the development but that's not the point. The point is, it shows Delmege was involved with the club well before crazy johns came along.

If crazy johns or the penns had better offer why did the club choose delmege instead?

jjai link said:
swoop i hate the penns..  i dont want to be drawn into this s**t i said my piece already .. no delmege no manly  its simple all the rest tagged along after delemege did the hard work..
your a dumb ****. Have you met Scott Penn? What ****in stupid thing to say. Let me put it to you this way no delmege in 2002 no manly but no Penn health no 2008 premiership and no leagues club.

* I'm standing here with my arms stretched out very wide. A group hug only has to start with one or two......who's in? *

:)

Ryan link said:
* I'm standing here with my arms stretched out very wide. A group hug only has to start with one or two......who's in? *

:)

Ok, but please lean your head back so you dont face-butt my nuts. Thanking you in advance.

Cambo link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=185968.msg306797#msg306797 date=1290213778]
swoop i hate the penns..  i dont want to be drawn into this s**t i said my piece already .. no delmege no manly  its simple all the rest tagged along after delemege did the hard work..
your a dumb c$%*. Have you met Scott Penn? What f**kin stupid thing to say. Let me put it to you this way no delmege in 2002 no manly but no Penn health no 2008 premiership and no leagues club.
[/quote]

Wow name calling,Truth is without Max,we'd be dead which means no 2008 and certainly no 2011,Penn should still have had the class to have kept his mouth shut,we know they do not like eachother,shake hands and call it a day is class,backstabbing in the media lacks class

On a personal note,directly insulting someone for not liking someone they havent met no matter how stupid their comment may be is a merkin of a thing to do,congrats on getting into the Silvertails.net merkin of the month award,you truely earnt it,you have joined the highest of echelons which only that racist moron in another topic and Fonz with his Matai bashing,here is your merkie *hands cambo the Merkie*

A radical idea - to be appreciative of the Delmeges AND the Penns?

Appreciative of current sponsors Quantum, AAA Radiators, Penn Health, etc, as well as old sponsors, be it Delmege, Pepsi, or whoever?

My guess is that deep down we can all see this divisive B/S only hurts Manly and our ability to attract new sponsors. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2