Next home game Blockbuster v’s Bulldogs Fri Jun 6th (Round 13)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
EagleFromMay1967 said:
Got a feeling its gonna be Jack LJ, not DCE. I notice him there last in the list of a 5bench, and DCE has a couple of injuries and could make either or both of them worse.
Is 2 points worth that kind of risk to a star player ?

I'd rather he play for us, get injured and miss origin than visa versa because that's what's going to happen if he doesn't play on Fri.

They're advertising on Instagram that both are playing. Hope it's not false advertising.:dodgy:

mickqld said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
Got a feeling its gonna be Jack LJ, not DCE. I notice him there last in the list of a 5bench, and DCE has a couple of injuries and could make either or both of them worse.

I'd rather he play for us, get injured and miss origin than visa versa because that's what's going to happen if he doesn't play on Fri.
Agree. Club responsibilities come first for us, but for him ?

And at least its "Referees: Gerard Sutton, Gavin Morris" and not pooface. If DCE can just play the first half we have a real good chance. Maybe those bookies know exactly what their doing !

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Got a feeling its gonna be Jack LJ, not DCE.

Not necessarily. On Saturday I heard that DCE was going to have a few days rest and then this week have intense rehab to be right for Friday night. I'd say JLJ is listed as 18th man in case DCE's rehab doesn't work.

On the other hand, JLJ may be 18th man for Foz in case his injured ankle isn't right. Therefore JLJ being named is precautionary for DCE and Foz, which is fair.

As for Choc, I think the medico's would've had a hard time stopping him from playing on Sunday. To stop him on Friday will be nigh on impossible!

mickqld said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:

Agree totally with Mick.If the guy can play then he plays.Seems to be a lot of complacency on here lately about giving away 2 points to rest blokes.Anyone who thinks we are in a position to manage our players should have a look at the draw over the next month or so.For those who haven't noticed we have the dogs twice,roosters and Sharks away (usually a graveyard for us)

There is a fair chance we could lose all 4 with him not playing.Lose this week and we may be sixth,lose the lot and it's probably season over as top 4 would be gone.These guys are paid to play.If they can play then play them,if the cant then don't.In my opinion we are fodder for the Dogs this week with no DCE.With him and an attitude lift we can get them.

globaleagle said:
+ I'd rather luke phillips as one vid ref as opposed to luke 'bulldogs' patton.

I just dont understand the "thinking process " of the NRL to allow Luke Patton to be part of any scumdogs games as an official , it just doesnt make sense..

Its like having Menzies , video ref our games

panash said:
globaleagle said:
+ I'd rather luke phillips as one vid ref as opposed to luke 'bulldogs' patton.

I just dont understand the "thinking process " of the NRL to allow Luke Patton to be part of any scumdogs games as an official , it just doesnt make sense..

Its like having Menzies , video ref our games

guzzler may come on and remind us that in fact luke phillips did play for manly, but wasn't as big a club man as patton.

Menzies.....that'd be ok by me!

In the ESL, they have the video ref's on camera and you can see and hear them go through their decision making process.

They should try that here. It'd be great to see their thinking process through the 5-6 clangers last weekend!

susan said:
mickqld said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:

Agree totally with Mick.If the guy can play then he plays.Seems to be a lot of complacency on here lately about giving away 2 points to rest blokes.Anyone who thinks we are in a position to manage our players should have a look at the draw over the next month or so.For those who haven't noticed we have the dogs twice,roosters and Sharks away (usually a graveyard for us)

There is a fair chance we could lose all 4 with him not playing.Lose this week and we may be sixth,lose the lot and it's probably season over as top 4 would be gone.These guys are paid to play.If they can play then play them,if the cant then don't.In my opinion we are fodder for the Dogs this week with no DCE.With him and an attitude lift we can get them.

Yeah of course I agree with that, but equally you see as often how ineffective and pointless it is to play half fit guys (Carney at the Sharks a perfect example).

The only caveat I add to that is not risking further injury for a possible half-fit effort .

Better to err on the side of caution and have one week off, than play and end up worse off.

Obviously our medical team and the players are the best, and only real judge of that.

I just hope Choc and Cherry are OK to play Friday night. We need our best to be a chance.

There is no process GE.Just a few ex footballers who can't get a proper job and need the $500 badly.I think without a shadow of a doubt the video ref standards have actually dropped since players became part of it.Last weekend defied belief.Most players dont know the rules fully when they play( look at the number of blokes still trying quick taps off a 10 metre penalty) yet they are supposed to revolutionize the video ref box.Please!

susan said:
There is no process GE.Just a few ex footballers who can't get a proper job and need the $500 badly.I think without a shadow of a doubt the video ref standards have actually dropped since players became part of it.Last weekend defied belief.Most players dont know the rules fully when they play( look at the number of blokes still trying quick taps off a 10 metre penalty) yet they are supposed to revolutionize the video ref box.Please!

Agreed! Sheesh what was I thinking?!?!

susan said:

very true.... do you think our boys will be back on deck , and win without needing Patton to put points on the board ??

hope so !!

I read on FB a post from a guy who saw Manly training today. So the good news is Choc trained and looked fine. The not-so-good news is Cherry didn't train but was testing his leg and then had ice on it. Foz was just chatting to the Joey. King didn't train (what else is new!) but neither did Matai! Make of that what you will....

ALinda said:
I read on FB a post from a guy who saw Manly training today. So the good news is Choc trained and looked fine. The not-so-good news is Cherry didn't train but was testing his leg and then had ice on it. Foz was just chatting to the Joey. King didn't train (what else is new!) but neither did Matai! Make of that what you will....

The guy saw them at a bbq instead?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4