No AFB - who is our Intimidator??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Marty may well be in contention for club man of the century, best all round nice guy, and cultural heart and soul of Brookie ... and all well deserved ... and cannot fault his personal stats and performance during a game .. but ..

But .. as a leader on the field ?? ... sorry, I just don't see it, but I am prepared to be proven wrong if somebody who records all the games can post any footage of Marty actually talking to another player on the field, or gee-ing anybody up, or even interacting with another player in any form ...will even take nodding politely in their general direction ...

No, Marty may well be a leader off the field .. but I think we need somebody else in the forwards to lead on the field ...

Even Brent Kite used to rally the troops. Such an under rated prop. How we snagged him from the Dragons is beyond me

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but AFB just put an Xmas photo up and he is looking fitter than I can ever remember seeing him... Disappointed he didnt look that fit when he played with us!

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but AFB just put an Xmas photo up and he is looking fitter than I can ever remember seeing him... Disappointed he didnt look that fit when he played with us!

But will that drop in weight add to performance? He used his size to his advantage leaning in and bending the line. Warriors need to be careful about changing the shape of a player. There's more to it than just "losing eight".

I have faith in Donny. I don't feel this year was on him, with the unfortunate injuries.

I know what people are thinking with me and Dan Ferris, but that bloke was a grub, I'm sorry, I personaly saw what he wrote to fans at times, and I heard more about how he treated Willie Peters (who was passionate, and loved our club).

A reminder:

But will that drop in weight add to performance? He used his size to his advantage leaning in and bending the line. Warriors need to be careful about changing the shape of a player. There's more to it than just "losing eight".

I have faith in Donny. I don't feel this year was on him, with the unfortunate injuries.

I know what people are thinking with me and Dan Ferris, but that bloke was a grub, I'm sorry, I personaly saw what he wrote to fans at times, and I heard more about how he treated Willie Peters (who was passionate, and loved our club).

A reminder:

AFB had to become more mobile and be able to get up quicker for the play the ball or risk going the way of a footballing dinosaur ... if it succeeds he will be a weapon ...

PSS .. just on Ferris, the best comment I read on here was .. that he had a head like a homeless woman's crutch ...

Amazing when you got to live up to marquee dollars and expectations. That's as well he became a non event in faster game

AFB had to become more mobile and be able to get up quicker for the play the ball or risk going the way of a footballing dinosaur ... if it succeeds he will be a weapon ...

PSS .. just on Ferris, the best comment I read on here was .. that he had a head like a homeless woman's crutch ...

Thank you mate, I spat crackling then when I read that hahaha

Thank you mate, I spat crackling then when I read that hahaha
I've got a brother going through a hipster looking homeless hoobo phase not dissimilar to the former Dan. I wouldn't be doing my bigger brother duty if I didn't quietly tell him what his face looks like when I see him next. Its a cracker. Post of the year stuff.

Even Brent Kite used to rally the troops. Such an under rated prop. How we snagged him from the Dragons is beyond me
Spot on @Ryan

The other 'BK' who comes to mind when talking about past motivators is Ben Kennedy - and what an enforcer was he. I clearly recall when he came to Manly in 2005 it was like a new wave had rolled in. He instilled some much needed belief, led from the front by example and always put in 110%.

We could really do with a "BK" now....

AFB failed to put a shot on in Manly colours. 0 loss of intimidation.
Really ??
He trampled players WITH the ball and I recall a game where he terrified Klemmer who looked intimidated, to lay the platform for a famous Manly win at Newcastle.
AFB certainly comes with baggage, but I reckon he would be rated as intimidating by many NRL players.

I agree 100% he never hit hard more of a grabber in defence,
AFB is no Matai in defence, but neither is Klemmer or many other of the madmen on the edge who put fear into the opposition.
Intimidation though watered down in the modern game, due to safety and speed of the game and the 10m rule...will always be part of fugby league from kids - men and women and will always be judged on far more than defensive technique or Jake would be the most feared in the NRL....Im willing to suggest most NRL players would rate Jake a far harder tackler, but AFB to be far more intimidating

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8