Noel Cleal.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When I was a real little kid, I had a nightmare that Noel Cleal was chasing me through the woods with an axe or chainsaw!

Woke up terrified!

I must have been about 8 years old.

I have no idea why I dreamt (nightmared?) that as I didn't even follow league back then.

#confession
#probably shall delete

Only just stopped scaring me a few years ago!
Probably the beard...He used to be my garbo when I was a kid. I remember seeing him hanging off the side of a truck one morning when we were driving out to the airport for a few weeks overseas, so nothing but happy childhood memories there!

He usually only hunts pigs, but you know what they say ... a moose in the bush is better than a hand in the bird .. or whatever

Define "moose" pls. @:D

moose_hunting_alberta_2.jpg

Well crusher was a good recruiter for us. So his addition back to manly will be welcomed.

He recruited many good player to parra juniors which we used as a feeder club ;) and then recruited well for us. Hopefully his addition will help sign up some quality juniors.

Also you have to wonder if cleal heads back to the northern beaches whether the club has Hasler in their sights and know cleal helps that cause.

Tackle Two – Bulldogs eye Pay Day

Canterbury is entering its most radical shake-up since the sacking of favourite son Kevin Moore in mid-2011. As many as half a dozen members of Des Hasler’s football department won’t be invited back to Belmore next season.

Four are already gone: recruitment duo Noel ‘Crusher’ Cleal and James Whitney, mind coach John Novak, and sprint coach Clayton Kearney. There’s talk assistant coach Kelly Egan might not survive either, with powerbrokers keen to welcome back club great Dean Pay onto Hasler’s staff.

Pay has worked as Ricky Stuart’s defensive coach – at Parramatta and Canberra – for the past four seasons. The Bulldogs would have to fork out big money to convince him to leave the Raiders – but that in itself is part of the wider problem. The Bulldogs rely on a hand-out of around $5 million a year from Canterbury Leagues Club to make ends meet.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/...-tackle-with-josh-massoud-and-liam-cox/#page1

Hopefully that will see the return of one of my fave posters in Kiwi Girl :)

Crusher would be a very amazing and welcome addition. Bring a bit of Manly back to Manly.

Hopefully that will see the return of one of my fave posters in Kiwi Girl :)

Crusher would be a very amazing and welcome addition. Bring a bit of Manly back to Manly.
Yes hopeful this means we could sack Cartwright. He is listed as our assistant coach / recruitment manager. Get Baz a new assistant.

I have heard many times that Cleal isn't the best talent spotter, usually the minions are the ones who do all the work.

I think he is useful for mentoring the young country boys though.

Trouble is Noel's pretty lazy, top fella but used to having people do things for him and then taking the glory.

From a culture perspective would be a good influence , but doubt he has much talent finding ability left in him these days.

Sounds like des is now running into the same issues that he had at manly in that the club no longer wants him to have total control

Couldn't imagine that he would like that on top of losing his staff.

Hasler is being ringbarked.

Oh well, the Canterbury premierships didn't eventuate, did they? Understandable really. Where will he appear next?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6