Non-Manly Games [Round 7,2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can't see us getting the spoon. That's something for Sharks, Raiders or Eels fans not us. No chance. We have had a tough draw to start the year and once we get some players back. I do reckon we will be 1/12 but after Origin I see a few wins in the back end of the season.

Mate have you seen the draw from round 13 to the end ??

Given that we will be so far down on confidence, the halves have or will have given up, and we have basically a NSW Cup pack, I can only see rounds 23/24 as possible wins.

3 wins in the year , and it possibly could be worse.

The Queen had her " Annus Horribilis" ( not sure if that is even spelt right but it will do) well ours is 2015.

Pay out on the Spoon NOW!!

Mate have you seen the draw from round 13 to the end ??

Given that we will be so far down on confidence, the halves have or will have given up, and we have basically a NSW Cup pack, I can only see rounds 23/24 as possible wins.

3 wins in the year , and it possibly could be worse.

The Queen had her " Annus Horribilis" ( not sure if that is even spelt right but it will do) well ours is 2015.

Pay out on the Spoon NOW!!
Thanks for completely shattering my misplaced confidence. I hadn't looked at the second half draw for awhile but just did. For some reason I thought it got easier but it doesn't. You are right, we are ****ed. Strong chance of this being the first team in our history to get the spoon. Agree best chance for a win is rounds 23 & 24 and maybe just maybe the Sharks in 26.

The winners of the spoon in last 5 seasons have all won <6 games. Last year the Sharks "won" the spoon with only 5 wins and in 2013 then Eels got it with 5 wins. I can't see us getting close to winning that many games .... best case we get 4/26 which puts us on 12 points and we would a clear spoon "winner". So, yes, I guess it is almost time for the fat lady to sing on the end of a proud record of never getting the spoon.

Remember this ......... we still had hope

image-jpg.1277

Thanks for completely shattering my misplaced confidence. I hadn't looked at the second half draw for awhile but just did. For some reason I thought it got easier but it doesn't. You are right, we are ****ed. Strong chance of this being the first team in our history to get the spoon. Agree best chance for a win is rounds 23 & 24 and maybe just maybe the Sharks in 26.

The winners of the spoon in last 5 seasons have all won <6 games. Last year the Sharks "won" the spoon with only 5 wins and in 2013 then Eels got it with 5 wins. I can't see us getting close to winning that many games .... best case we get 4/26 which puts us on 12 points and we would a clear spoon "winner". So, yes, I guess it is almost time for the fat lady to sing on the end of a proud record of never getting the spoon.

Everyone has just been looking at the next 5/6 weeks, and fair enough.

But this morning I was looking at our full draw, and thought for a moment " holy dooley that's one tough draw after round 13".

Mate who knows , maybe with a few players back they might click into gear ( it would probably take just one win to do so ) so any things possible.

A new coach would probably give them a " dead cat bounce " so that's possible as well.

But can't say I've felt like this since 2002-5, looking at a draw and not seeing a win in the distance.

And I must say its a terrible feeling, I'm not enjoying it one bit.

The way the Faders are playing I doubt we can expect them to be Spooners this year .

Anyway it's a long way to go and anything can happen.

Teams winning when not expected
With games going either way this early in the comp . (just look at some of the tipping )
i wont entertain the idea of a spoon for manly . yeah the draw looks tricky in the backend but a few wins is a possible if we can get a team with the same guys week in week out . then the confidence grows and if we jag a game against a top team confidence doubles then who knows we are still only 4 points away from the comp fav's
But a big IF so i am hopeful but then again IF my Aunty had a a moustache and a beard she would be my Uncle
So plenty of IF's and Buts gotta have hope

It will be between Manly, Tigers and Parra for the spoon this year. There is the nrl competition, and then our own mini competition between those 2 other sides fighting to avoid the spoon...and im not even confident we can win that.

The way Corey Norman is playing Doesn'tmatta must be hoping Foran backflips. One position the Eels doesn't need is a five-eighth. I'd be happy if we did a direct swap.

Surely Manly could beat these teams with our player's back...Surely?

The answer should be yes BUT think about the following.

1) the longer the year goes on the less enthusiasm we will get from 6/7.

2) our team, if and when they get back to full strength will probably have lost 12 or 14 games and I'd suggest their mental state will be 100% shot

3) look at our draw, due to where we finished last year we keep playing all the top sides, so it's a really really hard road.

I'm not being negative nancy just being realistic

Corey Norman is the eels best player. He has openly stated he came to the eels to play 5/8. If dce goes to the Coast then make a massive offer for him please Joe.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2