Non-Manly Games [Round 7,2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The way the Faders are playing I doubt we can expect them to be Spooners this year .

Anyway it's a long way to go and anything can happen.
That is what is **** we could always count on Sharks, Eels, Tigers or Raiders but we are them now? Wow, just wow? How did this happen so fast? The joke of the NRL. The wilderness years will only make us stronger.

The answer should be yes BUT think about the following.

1) the longer the year goes on the less enthusiasm we will get from 6/7.

2) our team, if and when they get back to full strength will probably have lost 12 or 14 games and I'd suggest their mental state will be 100% shot

3) look at our draw, due to where we finished last year we keep playing all the top sides, so it's a really really hard road.

I'm not being negative nancy just being realistic
Mark, you and I seem to have been enjoying watching Parra lose and Choc play crap .... even that small joy has gone this week. ****en footy.

It will be between Manly, Tigers and Parra for the spoon this year. There is the nrl competition, and then our own mini competition between those 2 other sides fighting to avoid the spoon...and im not even confident we can win that.
I thought the same ..... but of you look at the draw it is no competition. We "win" it.

Mark, you and I seem to have been enjoying watching Parra lose and Choc play crap .... even that small joy has gone this week. ****en footy.

Based on how I think things will pan out I think you are right , but football is a funny game who knows we might be near full strength at the end and put on 4 or 5 wins in a row and end up 13 or 14.

Watched the TV game, and 2 things to note.

1) Gower - WTF the boy can punch above his weight. Didn't see any of that at the eagles.
2) Gagai - This kid can definitely play footy. He will tear Skivvy a new one with that that speed & swerve if hes given any space.

Watched the TV game, and 2 things to note.

1) Gower - WTF the boy can punch above his weight. Didn't see any of that at the eagles.
2) Gagai - This kid can definitely play footy. He will tear Skivvy a new one with that that speed & swerve if hes given any space.

So is the reason we can't get more out of players the coach ??

Based on how I think things will pan out I think you are right , but football is a funny game who knows we might be near full strength at the end and put on 4 or 5 wins in a row and end up 13 or 14.
That's my hope. It is a pretty amazing record that we have never "won" the spoon. Would you like to go down in history as a member of the first team that got it? That has to be some motivation but I still go back to your earlier point on the second half draw though. Broncs and rabbits twice ..... plus the rest. I am normally a glass half full guy but not even I can see a way out this year.

Last edited:
a
So is the reason we can't get more out of players the coach ??

I'd say Gower is now playing a more natural game. Under 2V he was coached to catch ball run, fall ground, play ball.

Good to see him punching through, have to add him to any list of players who have gotten better after leaving Manly though.

I don't think I've felt any more depressed or despondant about a footy season as I am now. If the Gummys upset the vermin then we will be handed the spoon and that has always been unthinkable in 40 yrs of following Manly. The people in charge and the players involved are a fkn disgrace to this club.

That's my hope. It is a pretty amazing record that we have never "won" the spoon. Would you like to go down in history as a member of the first team that got it? That has to be some motivation but I still go back to your earlier point on the second half draw though. Broncs and rabbits twice ..... plus the rest.

That's the big issue, even with players back we will be well down on confidence , and we might show more fight but still be losing.

We were bloody lucky to win the Melbourne game, probably a ref blunder our way the difference.

We could be 0/7.

And I think we will be 1/12 in June.

Can we win half our remaining games after this as it would appear about 6 or 7 wins is the minimum to avoid the spoon??

With that draw, doubtful.

As much as I love Tooves and you can't blame him for injuries if we get the spoon (we have 2 be favourites) he can't keep his job.

How did Knights win 4 in a row? Manly are not playing any worse than these 2 teams. And knights are full strength
Are you kidding? We aren't even close. Our backs are either fat, slow, injured, can't catch or tackle and our forwards our powder puffs. Knights or Eels today would have given us a touch up.

As much as I love Tooves and you can't blame him for injuries if we get the spoon (we have 2 be favourites) he can't keep his job.

I won't be calling for his head but I agree , and to be honest I think he'd walk before that anyway!!

. Would you like to go down in history as a member of the first team that got it? That has to be some motivation ......
The 2 pricks at 6/7 in charge of digging us out couldn't give a fuk. In fact they're probably laughing about it. Hope $CE is laughing when Hunt take his origin jersey.

To be fair DCE gave his all on Friday night.
His sidekick Foz seems 2 be conveniently picking up injuries at the moment.

I don't think I've felt any more depressed or despondant about a footy season as I am now. If the Gummys upset the vermin then we will be handed the spoon and that has always been unthinkable in 40 yrs of following Manly. The people in charge and the players involved are a fkn disgrace to this club.

Amen brother

It's 53 years for me, although 10 of that as a child / teenager.

The Beagles was worse though!!

I'm feeling downright depressed at the minute, nothing enjoyable about anything!!

The 2 pricks at 6/7 in charge of digging us out couldn't give a fuk. In fact they're probably laughing about it. Hope $CE is laughing when Hunt take his origin jersey.
I agree but I just can't imagine playing in team sport where there is just no pride or care. Surely, to go down as the worst team in our clubs history is surely something that would motivate anyone.

What the **** are the owners and Kelly doing?

I agree but I just can't imagine playing in team sport where there is just no pride or care. Surely, to go down as the worst team in our clubs history is surely something that would motivate anyone.

What the **** are the owners and Kelly doing?

Mores the point WHY are the doing it?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8