NRL & The Voice

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hey Rafferty - who is supposed to have written this? Is it supposed to be from Ms Price? Without anyone putting their name to the claims, it just looks like a script for the next Alex Jones show.
I can’t answer your question mate, Josephine Cashman’s Substack is where her info come from, Re Senator Price, I’m unsure, it may well have come from there somewhere as well.
Re your earlier post, Senator Price is definitely against the yes vote and I think that’s the point of that piece, as for Lydia Thorpe, have you seen her latest drunken outburst? I‘m sorry, I have little to no respect for her.

I can’t answer your question mate, Josephine Cashman’s Substack is where her info come from, Re Senator Price, I’m unsure, it may well have come from there somewhere as well.
Re your earlier post, Senator Price is definitely against the yes vote and I think that’s the point of that piece, as for Lydia Thorpe, have you seen her latest drunken outburst? I‘m sorry, I have little to no respect for her.
No, I'm not going into bat for Ms Thorpe. I have great reservations taking this sort of info too seriously. It honestly just sounds like fright night material without substantiation. Of course, if someone brings some evidence forward regarding the claims, then that changes things. But until that happens ...... :thumbsup:

can’t answer your question mate, Josephine Cashman’s Substack is where her info come from
Is that the Joesphine Cashman who was an unsuccessful One Nation candidate? And was sacked from the Liberal govts aborignal advisory group for falsifying a letter of endorsement? And has spread misinformation about Covid 19 vaccine testing?

Great, like I really care what she thinks!

Is that the Joesphine Cashman who was an unsuccessful One Nation candidate? And was sacked from the Liberal govts aborignal advisory group for falsifying a letter of endorsement? And has spread misinformation about Covid 19 vaccine testing?

Great, like I really care what she thinks!
That would indeed be the one.

She’s really nailed it ( if you read what she says ) , she’s a proud aboriginal woman who wants better things for her culture but she doesn’t think “ The Voice “ is the way to do it.

ATSIC failed and cost billions , this will fail too , cost unknown.

Albo will attempt to blow them out of the water when he trots out Latrell, Kathy Freeman, Buddy Franklin, Adam Goodes and dozens more when it gets closer.

Doubt it will be enough to get it might get it closer.

I reckon he'd better off trotting out Dutton and his makes that walked out on the Apology.

That is a misrepresentation. It is Greens senator Lydia Thorpe that wants a treaty before the voice.
Senator Jacinta Price is quite clear, she is against the Voice referendum.
Pretty sure Thorpe want way more than this. She wants senate positions put aside for indigenous folk.

Didn't she do a stand up at a rally a month or two back where she said something like wanting 9 indigenous senators at a minimum? Not sure if its an official policy of hers, but it seems like that might be her thinking.

Pretty sure Thorpe want way more than this. She wants senate positions put aside for indigenous folk.

Didn't she do a stand up at a rally a month or two back where she said something like wanting 9 indigenous senators at a minimum? Not sure if its an official policy of hers, but it seems like that might be her thinking.

Seriously though, what counts as indigenous?

These days they can't even figure out what a female is, and you're expecting a definition of indigenous lol

For those of you who have the time the below is pretty spot on.
I'm not sure what you mean about not figuring out what a female is. I thought it was pretty straightforward. What do you mean?

I'm not sure what you mean about not figuring out what a female is. I thought it was pretty straightforward. What do you mean?
Probably something along the lines of:
  • Being born a female i.e has a vagina
  • Doesn't have a penis

It seems to be a very controversial question in 2023.

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
Probably something along the lines of:
  • Being born a female i.e has a vagina
  • Doesn't have a penis

It seems to be a very controversial question in 2023.

I didn't watch the video but I'm assuming they're talking the difference between a female and a woman. Again, I thought that was pretty straightforward. Seems like a silly thing for them to be discussing. But anyway ...... Back to the footy.

I didn't watch the video but I'm assuming they're talking the difference between a female and a woman. Again, I thought that was pretty straightforward. Seems like a silly thing for them to be discussing. But anyway ...... Back to the footy.
I'm fairly certain women don't have penises either. But I agree, back to the footy.

I'm fairly certain women don't have penises either. But I agree, back to the footy.
Sorry, I thought your 1st post was just about females and certainly females don't have a penis. Given
'women" is a gender issue and not a biological issue, that's a different issue but I'm not going there @:D . So what did you think of the "hip drop" if you're watching the footy?

Sorry Mark, I'm missing something you're seeing. She's doing the classic scare routine and then offers zero options other than a meaningless "we'll all work together" dribble. And as Ive noted several times in this thread, I have no interest in telling people what they should do but I can't get excited about what she's offering. Which is nothing.
If you’re a committed Labor / Yes voter then I’m not surprised.

As I’ve said from the start , I’m all for recognising indigenous Australia in our constitution.

But this “ treaty “ bull**** is just a con for “ give us a **** load more money “.

We do NOT need division , and this will divide.

That’s her basic message.

But as a committed Labor / Yes voter you won’t see that , and fair enough , we can’t all be the same.

Do you feel it is appropriate for an incumbent government to entice, lobby, cajole or downright blackmail sporting organizations to make political statements supporting an agenda ... especially one that is split down party lines.

What inducements or hinted threats have been made for non compliance ...

If the opposition was in power would it be okay for sporting bodies to , (with one eye on grants) .. promote a no vote?

But maybe you are correct ... nothing to see here ... corruption is so boring..
Hypothetical, what would the backlash have been if the NRL stated that it WOULDN'T support the Voice?.
Perhaps if the NRL, or Albo for that matter could explain to me what the Voice is about then perhaps i might not be so sternly against it.

If you’re a committed Labor / Yes voter then I’m not surprised.

As I’ve said from the start , I’m all for recognising indigenous Australia in our constitution.

But this “ treaty “ bull** is just a con for “ give us a ** load more money “.

We do NOT need division , and this will divide.

That’s her basic message.

But as a committed Labor / Yes voter you won’t see that , and fair enough , we can’t all be the same.
I think you're conflating the 2 things Mark - Labor and a yes vote. You're not suggesting that only labor voters are going to vote yes, right? And I haven't voted labor all the time so you're jumping to conclusions. For example, I voted for my wife once coz they were all crap. The problem I have with this apparent message from Ms Price is that there's nothing to even note that it's from her, there's no evidence provided to back up what has been written (why is this "secret" document not being discussed openly?) and I hear a lot from Ms Price and Mr Dutton about how we should focus on more practical measures rather than go down the proposed road. But the last nearly 10 years doesn't seem to have made any difference to the stats that we're all familiar with (not to mention the previous Labor years) and I have not heard one thing come from Ms Price's mouth yet that is any different to the last decade or so. That's what I find irritating.

Last edited:
I think you're conflating the 2 things Mark - Labor and the a yes vote. You're not suggesting that only labor voters are going to vote yes, right? And I haven't voted labor all the time so you're jumping to conclusions. For example, I voted for my wife once coz they were all crap. The problem I have with this apparent message from Ms Price is that there's nothing to even note that it's from her, there's no evidence provided to back up what has been written (why is this "secret" document not being discussed openly?) and I hear a lot from Ms Price and Mr Dutton about how we should focus on more practical measures rather than go down the proposed road. But the last nearly 10 years doesn't seem to have made any difference to the stats that we're all familiar with (not to mention the previous Labor years) and I have not heard one thing come from Ms Price's mouth yet that is any different to the last decade or so. That's what I find irritating.
Google up the videos she’s done ( there’s a couple ), she makes some very valid points. The article listed here doesn’t show much detail.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4