NSW Blues Team SOO 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Westie brings up an interesting point. Sutton may be there to replace Lewis if he doesn't pass the fitness test. Probably shouldn't be picked if that was the case but i think Sutton could play in his position.

dowdz said:
Westie brings up an interesting point. Sutton may be there to replace Lewis if he doesn't pass the fitness test. Probably shouldn't be picked if that was the case but i think Sutton could play in his position.

He may be right, but if so it's a muddled selection. If you need to replace a backrower you move Gallen to his rightful position, and pick a prop, like Grant, Woods or Mason, as should have been done in the first place.
Why do NSW selectors continue to complicate things?

The Who said:
dowdz said:

He may be right, but if so it's a muddled selection. If you need to replace a backrower you move Gallen to his rightful position, and pick a prop, like Grant, Woods or Mason, as should have been done in the first place.
Why do NSW selectors continue to complicate things?

Agree The Who, but it is NSW, we should be use to it by now lol.

Common sense does not apply with them.

Before GI came along there's no way I'd have Sutton in the team. But I believe Ingiss has given Sutton the confidence to be the player everyone thought he could be. I'm happy for Sutton.I think it's a good call. And if there is a blue, I hope he's on the field. I have been told he goes real good.:)

wombatgc said:
Before GI came along there's no way I'd have Sutton in the team. But I believe Ingiss has given Sutton the confidence to be the player everyone thought he could be.
You could be right. Now is his time to show what he can do. Physically he should go well. But i have doubts about him coming up with the smart plays though. Doesnt strike me as the brainiest player...perhaps leave the calls to the other halves, and even Greg Bird

Report on Twitter says Reynolds has been chosen over Sutton

Seems a VERY strange choice to me, but I guess Daley and Co know a lot more about footy than I do...or do they??

yeah its on the nrl website..

if they were going to go with a 5/8 i don't know why carney couldn't get a look in..

oh well, lets hope it works out for the best for us NSW fans

Mark from Brisbane said:

Seems a VERY strange choice to me, but I guess Daley and Co know a lot more about footy than I do...or do they??

Reynolds should of never been picked ,I don't know what he brings to Origin anyway. Aggression maybe and that's it?
I'd have Sutton in there before Reynolds any day.

First they announced it was Sutton, then had to tell everyone it was a mistake. NSWRL issued an apology. I doubt Sutton thought it was amusing :)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
First they announced it was Sutton, then had to tell everyone it was a mistake. NSWRL issued an apology. I doubt Sutton thought it was amusing :)

It's Miss Universe Canada all over again. @globaleagle - what were those crazy Cannucks thinking, the first winner was the better option in my professional opinion

Mark from Brisbane said:

I suppose that Reynolds can give Farrah a spell at dummy half, I don't think Sutton would be suited to that role.

Having said that I think Sutton should have been chosen before Reynolds, but MY preference would have been to bring Grant in.

What has Reynolds got that Carney doesn't . Very confusing , the rednecks will be laughing at us again !

dceagle said:
What has Reynolds got that Carney doesn't . Very confusing , the rednecks will be laughing at us again !

Mongrel factor. And the fact that he came up playing hooker. Either way I dont see him getting much game time. I am shocked he was picked over Sutton.

Central Coast Eagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

I suppose that Reynolds can give Farrah a spell at dummy half, I don't think Sutton would be suited to that role.

Having said that I think Sutton should have been chosen before Reynolds, but MY preference would have been to bring Grant in.

Farah is an 80 minute player and can anyone tell me, has Reynolds ever played senior football at hooker?
Surely Farah won't be subbed unless he's injured or having a shocker and if either of those happen we're stuffed anyway.

StuBoot said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Farah is an 80 minute player and can anyone tell me, has Reynolds ever played senior football at hooker?
Surely Farah won't be subbed unless he's injured or having a shocker and if either of those happen we're stuffed anyway.

I didn't say it was right, just what I thought they may be thinking.

Farrah is going to have to do a lot of work, so maybe giving him a spell for 10 or 15 minutes might help his overall effectiveness ?

Reynolds might get injected for some impact. I don't think he's a bad choice because if we had Sutton or Grant on the bench and then Farah went down we'd be left with someone like Lewis playing hooker.

eaglebuzz said:
Reynolds might get injected for some impact. I don't think he's a bad choice because if we had Sutton or Grant on the bench and then Farah went down we'd be left with someone like Lewis playing hooker.

My way around that would have been Bird to the halves with Pearce into hooker

Kiwi Eagle said:
eaglebuzz said:

My way around that would have been Bird to the halves with Pearce into hooker

I suppose that would do in a pinch but that weakens 2 positions instead of one

Time will tell but i think Bozo has f***ed up by overuling Daley, and opting for Reynolds.

StuBoot said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

My understanding is that he played all his junior footy there and made his debut there. If it wasn't for Ennis last year he would probably still be there.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8