NSW Blues Team SOO 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
dowdz said:
I think he will go with Sutton. Agree with dceagle though. Should of gone with Grant. Was Blues best forward i thought last series.

Just a bit off topic. Anyone see this

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/now-the-maroons-are-claiming-south-australian-brenton-lawrence/story-fndv2twz-1226649545389

The NRL trying to pretend they are professional with a moron like Schubert running around.

The only thing going for Reynolds is he can play a bit of 9, that is it

I would have thought of Sutton, Grant, Idris, Carney, Graham and Mason before even thinking of Reynolds in any form

This bye week is even worse than waiting for Monday Night football. I hope the players are enjoying it because I'm not. :s

dowdz said:
I think he will go with Sutton. Agree with dceagle though. Should of gone with Grant. Was Blues best forward i thought last series.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/now-the-maroons-are-claiming-south-australian-brenton-lawrence/story-fndv2twz-1226649545389

Good pick up Dowdz...I don't think I'd be going out on a limb here
when I say, I don't think Brentons goal setting in pre-season with Manly would encompass reading about a tug of war in regards to his elegability for SOO! It's the feel good story of 2013.

wombatgc said:
dowdz said:

Good pick up Dowdz...I don't think I'd be going out on a limb here
when I say, I don't think Brentons goal setting with Manly at pre-season that he would be reading about a tug of war in regards to his elegability for SOO! It's the feal good story of 2013.

No i bet he didn't. Would love to see him next to check in a blue jersey. QLD are quick to pinch players. Glad Ferguson told Mal he is a blues man.

Reynolds and Sutton...... Sh%t!

Reynolds will get baited and give away stupid penalties. Sutton is the new Soward. He's only good at club football where he's used to the team structures. Neither are origin level players.

I agree with the big bopper theory. Grant, Mason or Woods.

So the NSW selectors have done it again.

Carney played well enough last year and is playing well enough this year to have held his spot or at least be next cab off the rank.
So he is now ranked at least the 4th best 5/8 going around, really?
To not even get a bench spot is a joke.

The selectors and coaches talk about "buying in" to the cause but that seems to be a one way street.
Grant, Idris and Carney all did their jobs when asked but are paying the price of others failings.
How are they expected to "buy in" if picked in the next game knowing that they've been overlooked now?
It's hard enough beating QLD as it is, they don't need our selectors helping 'em too.
MOST halfbacks and 5/8's look good behind a dominant pack which explains Sutton's and Reynolds ( last year ) form.

Yeah daley has missed the mark here. Grant would have been a better replacement.

If sutton was good, then why has souths sucked so hard until last year when renoylds and GI came along.

When I saw Reynolds I thought they meant Adam.....but Josh ??? FMD. He's got some skills, but I don't think his style of game suits Origin. I would have preferred Adam.

Mark from Brisbane said:
QLD 3-0

AND I go for the Blues!!

Couldn't disagree more. I think its more likely to be NSW 3-0.

Reason 1: The Qld backs are fantastic, no doubt about it. But their halves are incredibly out of form at the moment. Thurstons kicking game is off, and Cronk is not his clinical self. Granted they will step in the Origin arena, but NSW has the form team at the moment.

2: Forwards. NSW is going to dominate in the forwards this year. Merrin, Watmough, Hoffman, Fifita are all in cracking form and will be revved up for this one. If Lewis and Gallen can prove they are fitting fight and Tamou can step up, NSW creams the Qld forwards in form and talent.

3: Home games and passion. Despite what the Qld players and coaches say, they are expecting another win. The arrogance that exudes from that team is cancerous. We have two home games this year and I can see us comfortably winning both.

4. X factors. Both teams have them. But bringing Sutton in really gives us an edge. Ferguson is either going to be boom or bust. Haynes defence is vastly improved and Jennings is on fire for the Chooks.

5. Its our time. And we know it!

Time to get behind our boys and show some faith in Daley and the boys. Unite!

MWSE said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
QLD 3-0

AND I go for the Blues!!

Couldn't disagree more. I think its more likely to be NSW 3-0.

Reason 1: The Qld backs are fantastic, no doubt about it. But their halves are incredibly out of form at the moment. Thurstons kicking game is off, and Cronk is not his clinical self. Granted they will step in the Origin arena, but NSW has the form team at the moment.

2: Forwards. NSW is going to dominate in the forwards this year. Merrin, Watmough, Hoffman, Fifita are all in cracking form and will be revved up for this one. If Lewis and Gallen can prove they are fitting fight and Tamou can step up, NSW creams the Qld forwards in form and talent.

3: Home games and passion. Despite what the Qld players and coaches say, they are expecting another win. The arrogance that exudes from that team is cancerous. We have two home games this year and I can see us comfortably winning both.

4. X factors. Both teams have them. But bringing Sutton in really gives us an edge. Ferguson is either going to be boom or bust. Haynes defence is vastly improved and Jennings is on fire for the Chooks.

5. Its our time. And we know it!

Time to get behind our boys and show some faith in Daley and the boys. Unite!
I like you confidence and agree that home ground advantage may give NSW a chance. But I don't know where you think Sutton will play. If you bring him on for Maloney then NSW doesn't have a goal kicker. And you wouldn't play him in the backrow because NSW have a heap of them already, who are much better than Sutton.

History repeats itself. It will be 11- zip by 2016
a - la St George : 1955 - 65

Imagine the street parade and the winning coach in 2017 - up and down the city streets. It will be like the end of WWII ;)

Ha I knew that comment would fire a few up!!

To be 100% honest I don't know, it's certainly about time for a change and NSW have been ever so close the last few years.

Sutton for me does NADA, we already have a goal kicking 5/8, can't work out why they woudn't go with another forward (as QLD have).

BUT time will tell

It won't be 3-0 to Queensland, I think it could possibly go to 1 all and a decider in the 3rd....which will be a HUGE pain in the backside for me as I will be in the middle of the Canning Stock Route in Western Australia with nothing bar a Satelite Phone to get the final score...so come on NSW win games 1 and 2 and make the trip a real celebration

Lewis and Gallen are still injured IMO and won't last the 80 mins. I'd have preferred the souths Reynolds to the yallah's ones.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4